PDA

View Full Version : Open Training Session Thursday 7 May 11.15

bornadog
06-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Anybody going down tomorow? It would be interesting to see who trains and how well they train, particularly Welsh;)

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I might be there Michael

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Anybody going down tomorow? It would be interesting to see who trains and how well they train, particularly Welsh;)

Eade is quoted in Rohan Connelly's article in The Age today that Welsh will play for Williamstown this week - but can we believe him? ;)

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Sorry Michael I couldn't make it.

bornadog
07-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry Michael I couldn't make it.

I was going to go myself but my meeting took longer than I thought. No doubt we will her something this afternoon.

bornadog
07-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Media Conference after training:

http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio/AFL/rodney-eade-media-conference-5252

* Last three week disappointing, guys trained well and upbeat
* Not panicking at this stage
* Didn't know we haven't beaten Crows at AAMi for past 7 games
* Williams to play, and will also train at AAMI
* Welsh will be named in 25 man squad but won't play, bulging disc but last injury not related to that.
* Question asked on Gia, but dismissed and said a few guys in same boat and are struggling and confidence it will turn around.
* Only one change this week.
* First trip to AAMI for Hudson, his form has been down so knows what he has to do.
* Knows Crows also under the pump.

G-Mo77
07-05-2009, 03:38 PM
* Williams to play, and will also train at AAMI

* Only one change this week.

So probably Williams in, Everitt out. :rolleyes:

I'm really disappointed in that. If players are not performing then they should be dropped. It puts pressure on them to perform better rather than giving them an arm chair ride. I'm not asking for 5 - 6 changes like some have asked for but 1 of the many senior players who have been ordinary over the past 3 weeks could have been given a week at Willy. It would have sent a clear message!

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the info bulldog..

Quite dissapointing with the one change. Hopefully Hahn, Eagles & Murphy get themselves into some form so we're not looking for excuses of who to drop every week

Sedat
07-05-2009, 03:52 PM
* Welsh will be named in 25 man squad but won't play, bulging disc but last injury not related to that.
So then what's the point of naming him in the 25? Surely the nature of his injury will mean he doesn't travel on the plane, so why not name someone else in the 25 who could step up if required on the day?

comrade
07-05-2009, 03:54 PM
So then what's the point of naming him in the 25? Surely the nature of his injury will mean he doesn't travel on the plane, so why not name someone else in the 25 who could step up if required on the day?

Yep - bizarre to say the least.

bornadog
07-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Will play at Willi, Yeah, I don't know why Eade said that, unless its another game of ducks and drakes.

The Coon Dog
07-05-2009, 04:22 PM

It's been answered before.

If we name 25 today & settle on 22 tomorrow night as we are required to do, we then have no scope to make changes for team balance without a substantial fine.

By naming a player who is injured, particularly on a Friday as he is 1 of the 4 interchange players, he can then be withdrawn from the team due to his injury without a fine.

Happened in round 2. We named Tim Callan, knowing he wouldn't play, but gave ourselves extra time to decide who to replace him with, factoring into account team balance, weather & opposition team. In that case it came down to a choice between a tall (Tiller) or a small (Harbrow).

Sedat
07-05-2009, 04:34 PM

If we name 25 today & settle on 22 tomorrow night as we are required to do, we then have no scope to make changes for team balance without a substantial fine.

By naming a player who is injured, particularly on a Friday as he is 1 of the 4 interchange players, he can then be withdrawn from the team due to his injury without a fine.

Happened in round 2. We named Tim Callan, knowing he wouldn't play, but gave ourselves extra time to decide who to replace him with, factoring into account team balance, weather & opposition team. In that case it came down to a choice between a tall (Tiller) or a small (Harbrow).
Cheers TCD, thanks for clarifying. Rocket is clearlty smarter than I am.

azabob
07-05-2009, 07:32 PM

What you are saying in theory is fine, but that means Welsh will have to be named in the final 22 tomorrow for that to work. If Welsh is named in the 22 he most likely wont play but also won't play for Williamstown meaning he is still sometime away from playing any type of competative football. So if Welsh is named in the 22 I would be thinking its not good news.