07-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Adelaide

B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Andrew Otten
HB: Simon Goodwin, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
C: Michael Doughty, Scott Thompson, David Mackay
HF: Brent Reilly, Taylor Walker, Nathan van Berlo
F: Jason Porplyzia, Kurt Tippett, Richard Douglas
Foll: Brad Moran, Bernie Vince, Tyson Edwards
I/C (from): Robert Shirley, Brad Symes, Ivan Maric, Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, Jared Petrenko, Nathan Bock

In: Knights, Maric, Moran, Shirley, Symes
Out: Myke Cook, Jonathon Griffin

Western Bulldogs

B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Callan Ward, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Picken, Scott Welsh

In: Ward, Welsh, Williams
Out: -

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Interesting to see Welsh in there.

bornadog
07-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Interesting to see Welsh in there.

If you listen to Eade's press conference, he won't play, but then again who knows? He also said there would only be one change, and Williams will play, so one out for sure.

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 06:37 PM
No Reid, No O'Keefe, No Grant, No Stack, same ol' same ol':rolleyes:

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 06:39 PM
No Reid, No O'Keefe, No Grant, No Stack, same ol' same ol':rolleyes:

Did you expect anything else? i didn't.

Mitcha
07-05-2009, 06:39 PM
No Skipper, surely we need another tall option. We need to change the structure up forward.

bornadog
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
No Skipper, surely we need another tall option. We need to change the structure up forward.

Personally, I would try Everitt forward of the Centre, but coach probably wouldn't.

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Skipper was only ever gunna be brought in if Big Will got rubbed out @ Tribunal..

Mitcha
07-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Skipper was only ever gunna be brought in if Big Will got rubbed out @ Tribunal..
Thats exactly what I am saying. The structure doesn.t change if you drop a tall for a tall. Its time to sacrifice a non performing midfielder to add some height.

Dancin' Douggy
07-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm not a big Skipper fan but fair is fair.
He keeps performing for Willy. We're desperate for talls (again).
Why the hell is he on the list if we have absolutely no intention of playing him ever??????
We've lost 3 in a row.
Surely he deserves a spot.
Hearing the bulldogs ins and outs every week is like the drab torture of doing the hokey pokey.
"you put your right foot in you take your right foot out......................."
I think you get my drift.

boydogs
07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Thats exactly what I am saying. The structure doesn.t change if you drop a tall for a tall. Its time to sacrifice a non performing midfielder to add some height.

I would have though Skipper in for Hahn should be the move, adding height to the forward line without sacrificing midfield run. Skip not even in the 25 with his good form and poor form from others tells me he will only play if Minson or Hudson are injured or suspended

Rocco Jones
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Eade would play a cardboard cutout of Hahn ahead of the likes of Grant (he could be doing so already I guess).

I would love to see Tiller get a crack at Hahn's role, we could use him as a bit of a swingman as well.

Cyberdoggie
07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Ok so 3 losses in a row and only 1 change (and that is to make way for Williams)

How many losses do we need before others are given a chance?

1eyedog
07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Our team looks very strong on paper and I'm happy with it. If we lose this weekend I will be losing patience. I hope we turn everything around starting with the Crows. Mitch close to BOG this weekend. ;)

azabob
07-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Our team looks very strong on paper and I'm happy with it. If we lose this weekend I will be losing patience. I hope we turn everything around starting with the Crows. Mitch close to BOG this weekend. ;)

Thats the problem though, paper isn't very strong!! ;)
You get the feeling Eade thinks his best 22 is nearly all out on the park so he wants to give them as much of a chance as possible to get it right.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Thats the problem though, paper isn't very strong!! ;)
You get the feeling Eade thinks his best 22 is nearly all out on the park so he wants to give them as much of a chance as possible to get it right.
If Andrew Hilditch's spot becomes available, we might be in trouble to persuade Eade to stay with that mentanlity.

Go_Dogs
07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Crows bringing Moran and Maric in. That leaves us a bit short, I would prefer one more tall in the line up.

bornadog
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Crows bringing Moran and Maric in. That leaves us a bit short, I would prefer one more tall in the line up.

Which may mean both Williams and Everitt will play.

azabob
07-05-2009, 09:25 PM
If Andrew Hilditch's spot becomes available, we might be in trouble to persuade Eade to stay with that mentanlity.

I agree with you, but thats the impression that I get. As frustrating as it may be we all want a win and hopefully the match committees faith is repaid.

Go_Dogs
07-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Which may mean both Williams and Everitt will play.

It should at a minimum.

3 rucks means Tippett plays permanently forward, rucks F50. One of Bock or Rutten is going to be on a small or playing loose in defence.

Maric also kicked a few on the weekend playing forward at SANFL level.

Just means that quite likely Williams, Lake and Everitt all have to play back, and Minson will only play forward at times as we'll need to rotate the rucks through, perhaps even more so than usual.

LostDoggy
07-05-2009, 10:59 PM
It should at a minimum.

3 rucks means Tippett plays permanently forward, rucks F50. One of Bock or Rutten is going to be on a small or playing loose in defence.

Maric also kicked a few on the weekend playing forward at SANFL level.

Just means that quite likely Williams, Lake and Everitt all have to play back, and Minson will only play forward at times as we'll need to rotate the rucks through, perhaps even more so than usual.

I agree with all that. How handy would a player like Tippet be in our squad?

G-Mo77
08-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Interesting lineup from Adelaide, they look very top heavy that interchange from will keep nearly everyone guessing. :confused:

FrediKanoute
08-05-2009, 05:59 AM
I'm not a big Skipper fan but fair is fair.
He keeps performing for Willy. We're desperate for talls (again).
Why the hell is he on the list if we have absolutely no intention of playing him ever??????
We've lost 3 in a row.
Surely he deserves a spot.
Hearing the bulldogs ins and outs every week is like the drab torture of doing the hokey pokey.
"you put your right foot in you take your right foot out......................."
I think you get my drift.

I think he deserves a shot. Yep it makes us a little slower in the forward line and there is no guarantee that he will work, but one thing Skipper provides is hard work. He works hard around the ground and is pretty mobile as well. Reckon it couldnt hurt.

LostDoggy
08-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I think he deserves a shot. Yep it makes us a little slower in the forward line and there is no guarantee that he will work, but one thing Skipper provides is hard work. He works hard around the ground and is pretty mobile as well. Reckon it couldnt hurt.

Couldn't agree with you more. Skipper deserves a chance and he certainly seems like the type of player we need up forward at the moment.

It may be blind faith, but I figure that Rocket knows what he is doing, better than any of us do. He clearly knows who is in his best 22 and he is perservering with them. No team will play at their peak for 26 weeks. I am willing to back Eade and his team in on this and judge / criticise if required at the end of the season.

bornadog
09-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Adelaide

B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Andrew Otten
HB: Simon Goodwin, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
C: Michael Doughty, Scott Thompson, David Mackay
HF: Brent Reilly, Taylor Walker, Nathan van Berlo
F: Jason Porplyzia, Kurt Tippett, Richard Douglas
Foll: Brad Moran, Bernie Vince, Tyson Edwards
I/C: Brad Symes, Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, Jared Petrenko
Emg: Jarrhan Jacky, Robert Shirley, Ivan Maric

In: Knights, Moran, Symes
Out: Myke Cook, Jonathon Griffin, Nathan Bock (hamstring)

Western Bulldogs

B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C: Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Picken
Emg: Scott Welsh, Dylan Addison, Callan Ward

In: Williams
Out: Dylan Addison

becmatty
09-05-2009, 08:40 AM
I am told Williams is likely to be a late scratching. Welsh in.

Rocco Jones
09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't think playing Welsh would be a good idea. I really don't think he is the type of player who can play when even when underdone/not fully fit.

LostDoggy
09-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Good to see we kept some height, having Dre retain his spot.

Rocco Jones
09-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Good to see we kept some height, having Dre retain his spot.

I would like to see Dre being freed up to play on a HBF/wing role. His confidence really needs to lift but I think he could be a much needed quality carrier and disposer of the ball for us.

LostDoggy
09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I would like to see Dre being freed up to play on a HBF/wing role. His confidence really needs to lift but I think he could be a much needed quality carrier and disposer of the ball for us.

Totally agree.

Would like to see him revert back to that run & carry role he played in his first season, coming off HB surging forward.

bornadog
09-05-2009, 04:20 PM

He needs to prove he is fit at today's training session

Bumper Bulldogs
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I agree with all that. How handy would a player like Tippet be in our squad?

Wouldn't make a difference at all, as rocket wouldn't play him.

Maybe we should have a chat with a younger coach not out of the game to long, Knights, Voss, Harvey ect

Mantis
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Maybe we should have a chat with a younger coach not out of the game to long, Knights, Voss, Harvey ect

Why would you post that?

hujsh
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM

:rolleyes: Jesus people are quick to jump off the bandwagon.

soupman
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM

Would you care to elaborate on why Rocket would not play a proven AFL capable tall forward/ruckman with AFL standard fitness and body size?

Dogs 24/7
09-05-2009, 10:30 PM

Why would you post that?

My guess BB is saying that Eade wouldn't play the talls and even though I don't agree with him there is no need for you to be so flippant with everyone because it doesn't add to the discussion at all.
Kurt Tippett should be on Scott Clayton's shopping list. He's not the most talented guy around but he is very strong on the lead as a forward and his ruck work is improving. If Minson could do the same work up forward for us as Tippett has done for the Crows then we would be a far stronger team.

boydogs
09-05-2009, 11:48 PM

He needs to prove he is fit at today's training session

Anyone know how he went?

Would you care to elaborate on why Rocket would not play a proven AFL capable tall forward/ruckman with AFL standard fitness and body size?

This would have to be a reference to Wayde Skipper's omission from the current side. I hope Mitch Hahn can prove me wrong tomorrow but I think he should have been out for Skipper weeks ago

Mantis
10-05-2009, 07:45 AM
My guess BB is saying that Eade wouldn't play the talls and even though I don't agree with him there is no need for you to be so flippant with everyone because it doesn't add to the discussion at all.

I wasn't.

I just wanted further clarification to why BB thought it was necessary to post this statement without having any facts to back it up.

I for one am pretty critical in some of my posts, but I try to explain myself through reasoning rather than just making a bold statement (like BB did) and leaving it at that.