PDA

View Full Version : Fremantle up, Carlton down

LostDoggy
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Picked this at the start of the season, said that Freo definitely have enough to be a mid-table side at least and were my pick for a surprise team of the season; also said Carlton are not much better, if at all; was shouted down, and after the first couple of rounds, was looking pretty silly as Freo sat at the bottom and Carlton were flying.

Well, reality is starting to bite as hype dissipates.

Carlton are okay, but nowhere near as good as everyone was saying (and are just one or two dodgy shoulder injuries away from being a bottom four team). And Freo is a LOT better than Melbourne, so it's ridiculous that Harvey was under more pressure than Bailey.

Topdog
09-05-2009, 11:14 PM
That Hill is a bloody good player.

AndrewP6
09-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Picked this at the start of the season, said that Freo definitely have enough to be a mid-table side at least and were my pick for a surprise team of the season; also said Carlton are not much better, if at all; was shouted down, and after the first couple of rounds, was looking pretty silly as Freo sat at the bottom and Carlton were flying.
Carlton are okay, but nowhere near as good as everyone was saying (and are just one or two dodgy shoulder injuries away from being a bottom four team). And Freo is a LOT better than Melbourne, so it's ridiculous that Harvey was under more pressure than Bailey.

So hard to pick a winner at the moment... Freo look to be on the up, yet we thumped them... and Carlton maybe over-hyped...and they comfortably accounted for us!:eek:

AndrewP6
09-05-2009, 11:37 PM
That Hill is a bloody good player.

Sure is...

LostDoggy
09-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Tipped Freo tonight, and watched the game.

Freo look really good at the moment, i think Harvey has found the right mix & they are going in hard for each contested ball. I had a lot of confidence in them after watching there last two weeks, i got laughed at when i told my work mates i had tipped them (who has had the last laugh now :D). They have got key players through out the ground, from Pavlich to Hasleby. But there is one thing that i think has really changed there structure & way they play, and that's playing Tarrant in the backline.

I say, well done to Mark Harvey.

Told a few people about Carlton earlier in the season, said they wouldn't be able to see out a full season. There young guys just aren't mature enough at this stage, to see out the season, with the same form they showed in the first two rounds.

Remi Moses
10-05-2009, 12:06 AM
So much for dedicating the season to Richard Pratt:rolleyes::rolleyes:Very good win by North with no respect shown by Port Power whatsover.It all begins with that complete obnoxious smarmy theme ''They Know We're Coming''typical Carlton

GVGjr
10-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Tipped Freo tonight, and watched the game.

Freo look really good at the moment, i think Harvey has found the right mix & they are going in hard for each contested ball. I had a lot of confidence in them after watching there last two weeks, i got laughed at when i told my work mates i had tipped them (who has had the last laugh now :D). They have got key players through out the ground, from Pavlich to Hasleby. But there is one thing that i think has really changed there structure & way they play, and that's playing Tarrant in the backline.

I say, well done to Mark Harvey.

Told a few people about Carlton earlier in the season, said they wouldn't be able to see out a full season. There young guys just aren't mature enough at this stage, to see out the season, with the same form they showed in the first two rounds.

I agree that Carlton will likely fade later in the year.

Regarding Mark Harvey, I honestly thought he was gone for all money as a coach after the first few weeks but they are now showing enough to suggest that he still has a chance to keep going on.

Topdog
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Harvey actually looks like he is enjoying coaching now too which is good for him.

BulldogBelle
10-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Regarding Mark Harvey, I honestly thought he was gone for all money as a coach after the first few weeks but they are now showing enough to suggest that he still has a chance to keep going on.

He has done it tough and there are some very good signs for Freo, I especially like watching Stephen Hill he has been an excellent choice for them.

KT31
10-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I agree that Carlton will likely fade later in the year.

Not sure , I do agree Carlton are playing above themselves, but a few wins on the board builds belief and confidence.

I do think they will be thumped in the September as will the Saints.

Remi Moses
10-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Just out of interest when do we think wallet will get the arse?:D:D

AndrewP6
10-05-2009, 01:11 AM

Rd 12 at the review...

boydogs
10-05-2009, 02:00 AM

Happy for him to stay - makes Richmond easy to beat :D

ledge
11-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Glad we arent playing them in round 13 then, you know what happens the week a new coach is appointed.

aker39
11-05-2009, 04:19 PM

You never know, he may get to say goodbye to the bulldog supporters after all. :p

bornadog
11-05-2009, 04:23 PM
You never know, he may get to say goodbye to the bulldog supporters after all. :p

We play them again in a few rounds.

aker39
11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
We play them again in a few rounds.

Yes, it may be his farewell game.