PDA

View Full Version : Higgins out Welsh in???

brilliantgriffen
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
From the AFL website

11:40 AM Sun 10 May, 20092009 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP SEASON

Round seven

ADELAIDE v WESTERN BULLDOGS

Adelaide
B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Andrew Otten
HB: Simon Goodwin, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
C: Michael Doughty, Scott Thompson, David Mackay
HF: Brent Reilly, Taylor Walker, Nathan van Berlo
F: Jason Porplyzia, Kurt Tippett, Jared Petrenko
Foll: Brad Moran, Bernie Vince, Chris Knights
I/C: Brad Symes, Tyson Edwards, Patrick Dangerfield, Richard Douglas

Changes to the selected side
Nil

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Liam Picken, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Eagleton
I/C: Jason Akermanis, Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Adam Cooney

Changes to the selected side
In: Scott Welsh
Out: Shaun Higgins

These are the official team lists submitted by clubs 90 minutes before match commencement. They have been verified by the AFL.
Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Aw crap!!!!!!

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I wonder what the story is. Hopefully Higgins is back next week.

Still I'm glad Welsh is back. He is at least a good target. Just hope he is fit enough to play out the game.

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Just heard this on Adelaide radio

Hope Welsh is fit enough, Higgins didn't pull up well :/

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Shit! I thought Welsh had a back problem?

Still, he should play a good game against his old side (I hope:()

KT31
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Bugger !!!

AndrewP6
10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Shame Higgins is out, but as you probably know I like Welsh...

angelopetraglia
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Anyone know why Higgins did not play?

bornadog
10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Anyone know why Higgins did not play?

Groin soreness

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Although Welsh didn't get a lot of it today, and when he did, didn't finish off, I think he made a bifg difference in straightening us up and in creating better opportunity in the forward line - our efficiency with the ball coming in was so much better than in previous weeks.

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Groin soreness

Football to the groin injury? Haha

boydogs
10-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Although Welsh didn't get a lot of it today, and when he did, didn't finish off, I think he made a big difference in straightening us up and in creating better opportunity in the forward line - our efficiency with the ball coming in was so much better than in previous weeks.

I would put this down more so to a return to form from Murphy - Murph's ability to get space on his opponent, take a mark and quickly come back off the mark and hit a leading target is very important to us. Same goes for Cooney's explosiveness in the midfield to be able to get into the clear, last week we were bombing the ball and hospital handpassing because no one could find space to deliver the ball.

I am looking forward to having an inform Welsh but not sure sure he justified his inclusion today - as with Cooney, Murphy and Williams today as well I think he came in too early. Could argue this was forced with Higgins out but Grant or Skipper could have been emergencies in place.

Our depth is good in that players 16-28 can all come in and play a role but our best six, as with any side, are vital to our success

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 10:47 PM
The experience of Welsh to know what to do and when to do it was a major contirubutor to the difference - don't agree that Grant or Skipper would have fit in as well as Welsh did today - it looked familiar and helped the others in the set up - including Murphy being able to work in teritory that he felt more comfortable with.

LostDoggy
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Another thing to go wrong for my supercoach hopefully he will be back and firing next week