PDA

View Full Version : What Changes for Round two

bornadog
01-04-2007, 11:06 PM
With Chris Grant coming in and Monty out with a shoulder, there is the first change for next week.

Any other changes?

southerncross
02-04-2007, 05:22 AM
With Chris Grant coming in and Monty out with a shoulder, there is the first change for next week.

Any other changes?

Murphy might be doubtful but really that should be the only change

alwaysadog
02-04-2007, 06:14 AM
If as Rocket said in his post match press conference that Grant was fit to play but lacked match conditioning, how will he be any better next week?

Go_Dogs
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
He won't - and to be honest, I'd be surprised if he came up this week especially given the Crows injury woes, it will mean that our defence suddenly doesn't look so small, in fact, it looks like the worst forward line in the competition. (Although I will be very entertained watching them fail).

I wouldn't rush Granty back, no way. His body will be too valuable later in the year. Monty out, and perhaps one of Addison or Robbins to squeeze back in.

Bulldog Revolution
02-04-2007, 01:31 PM
He won't - and to be honest, I'd be surprised if he came up this week especially given the Crows injury woes, it will mean that our defence suddenly doesn't look so small, in fact, it looks like the worst forward line in the competition. (Although I will be very entertained watching them fail).

I wouldn't rush Granty back, no way. His body will be too valuable later in the year. Monty out, and perhaps one of Addison or Robbins to squeeze back in.

I am in no rush to right Adelaide off, I know they have a few injuries but they still have a lot of guns Edwards, Burton, McLeod, Goodwin, Johncock etc, and a lot of guys who are better than most people realise: reilly, mattner, bock, rutten, shirley, welsh, doughty, thompson etc. They have also won a stack of games over the past two years

No point rushing Grant in if he isn't right, or if the matchups dont work against Adelaide.

I would still like to see Matty Robbins in the team, I know we have a lot of smaller options that push forward: aka, eagle, higgins etc but the

bornadog
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I would still like to see Matty Robbins in the team, I know we have a lot of smaller options that push forward: aka, eagle, higgins etc but the

I think Robbins will be in and Higgins out.

aker39
02-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know who will come in, but I can assure you Higgins will not be omitted.

southerncross
02-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't know who will come in, but I can assure you Higgins will not be omitted.

I cant see them dropping Higgins either as he has been in terrific form during the summer. He didn't do a lot on Sunday but what he did was pretty damn good. Eade will give him a good run in the team.

Go_Dogs
03-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Higgins will get another run for sure, it would've been the fastest paced game he's ever been involved in, and he'll be better next week for the experience no doubt.

Bulldog Revolution
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Higgins will get another run for sure, it would've been the fastest paced game he's ever been involved in, and he'll be better next week for the experience no doubt.

I thought Higgins was OK, those forward pocket, flanker roles are often not exactly high posession. His hands are clearly amazing, his ability to one grab it, scoop it up off the deck has class written all over it. The super impressive aspect of his game is his ability to lead hard at the ball, gather cleanly and turn around - if only we had a guy 6 foot 5 that could do it we would have a true centre half forward.

Dry Rot
03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
So no Grant. Addison for Monty? Aside from Harris and Street, we have yet again run out of AFL talls.

GVGjr
03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
So no Grant. Addison for Monty? Aside from Harris and Street, we have yet again run out of AFL talls.

It could be Baird for Monty who should match-up well against the Crows. The concern is the following week against the Saints.
McDougall can be used as a key defender and Darcy as a key forward by bringing in Street in the coming weeks. Not great but far from a distaster. Skipper might be in the mix as well in the coming weeks. Pask is an option but I would wait it out for a while.

Bulldog Revolution
03-04-2007, 01:28 PM
It could be Baird for Monty who should match-up well against the Crows. The concern is the following week against the Saints.
McDougall can be used as a key defender and Darcy as a key forward by bringing in Street in the coming weeks. Not great but far from a distaster. Skipper might be in the mix as well in the coming weeks. Pask is an option but I would wait it out for a while.

Harris will be back for the saints right? To play on Gehrig who has consistently slaughtered us and looked very good Friday. This gives us a far more versatile mix in the backline, to go with Morris, Hargraves and Wight - enabling us to chop and change our matchups. Last year the Crows when very tall in attack against us with Rutten and Bock all spending time forward.

I haven't seen enough of McDougall to know if he is useful as a key defender, with the Eagles my perception was that he played best at full forward having a bit of room to operate in the forward 50.

Without Maguire the Saints might be able to be stretched in defence also, as Hudgton, SFisher, Gramm etc aren't enromously big.

Addison and Robbins would have to be the most likely smalls to be considered.

What makes you think Baird GVG?

LostDoggy
03-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Baird wore #35 but was listed as #37 for Werribee Saturday.
He still doesn't have a great physique in terms of strength/height.
He made mistake and thought who is that #35? Then he got clobbered in a contest and came off in the 1st quarter where I thought he injured his ankle/leg. Came back on late in the second. Not sure if he played the rest of the game but wasn't named in the best.

I'm not sure he'll be promoted.

Sockeye Salmon
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
He made mistake and thought who is that #35? Then he got clobbered in a contest and came off in the 1st quarter where I thought he injured his ankle/leg. Came back on late in the second. Not sure if he played the rest of the game but wasn't named in the best.

Are you sure #35 wasn't Steve Tiller? I know I get them confused all the time.

LostDoggy
03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Are you sure #35 wasn't Steve Tiller? I know I get them confused all the time.

Certain.
Tiller played for Werribee seconds

Raw Toast
03-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the Werribee updates Ernie.

Was Baird being played forward or back?

LostDoggy
03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the Werribee updates Ernie.

Was Baird being played forward or back?

Fairly sure he was playing HFF.
Barham at CHF looking very much like the headband Mooney.
Pask at FF.
Robbins, Lynch and Harbrow were the other forwards
Podsiadly is out injured.

Dry Rot
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
What did you think of Pask?

bornadog
03-04-2007, 05:51 PM

Pask is a rookie, he can't play can he????

bornadog
03-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Werribee 4.0 8.3 9.4 14.13 97

Geelong 4.4. 8.7 12.10 14.11 95

Werribee best: Henderson; Addison; Faulkner; Ericksen; McCormack; Lynch

Werribee goals: Robbins 2; Lynch 2; McCormack 2; Harbrow 2; Faulkner 2; Robinso 1, Ericksen 1, Castello 1, Pask 1

Eade will look at match ups to see what type of player we need. Addison and Faulkner will be considered based on the practise match as will Robbins for his couple of goals.

Do we need height against Adelaide? Adelaide don't have a ruck divsion at the moment, so maybe Street won't come in.

Go_Dogs
04-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Good to see Faulkner, McCormack, Addison and Lynch putting their hands up. Robbins must also be close. Going to be an interesting selection this week, although I think we'll go for another forward option, I could be wrong.

LostDoggy
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
He didn't stand out
Saw the goal he kicked, marked it because a shot fell short and he was by himself.
He has a long way to go before promotion.
He would need to play 3 or 4 very good Werribee games prior I would consider him.

LostDoggy
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Werribee best: Henderson; Addison; Faulkner; Ericksen; McCormack; Lynch

Do we need height against Adelaide? Adelaide don't have a ruck divsion at the moment, so maybe Street won't come in.
No especially unfit or out of form players.

Ericksen the back up ruck for Werribee was in the best. Considering he didn't start and also missed a sitter from 10m out is an indication Street had a poor one

Go_Dogs
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Was he one of the guys that was on Sydney's list last year? How does he look as a possible rookie listed player?

bornadog
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Heard Eade on the Rocket and Robbo show tonight and he said the only change will come from Addison, Street or Robbins, but then again the squad includes a few others.

Go_Dogs
05-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Monty was listed on the extended bench in the version we got down here in SA. Burton is in doubt, Hudson apparently has a sore knee, however Goodwin seems like he'll play w/o doubt.

GVGjr
05-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Monty was listed on the extended bench in the version we got down here in SA. Burton is in doubt, Hudson apparently has a sore knee, however Goodwin seems like he'll play w/o doubt.

That is a huge recovery for Goodwin. He really looked like he would be facing at least a 2 or 3 week spell. Hudson would be a loss for them as would Burton.

Go_Dogs
06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
This morning's papers state that McLeod has been injured all week, apparently had his arm in a sling and didn't train yesterday, but him, Burton and Goodwin are all going to play. Hopefully they are all under-done a bit.

BulldogBelle
06-04-2007, 11:19 AM
This morning's papers state that McLeod has been injured all week, apparently had his arm in a sling and didn't train yesterday, but him, Burton and Goodwin are all going to play. Hopefully they are all under-done a bit.

Ok, I am surprised that Goodwin will be playing, these players all have mysterious player injury recovery powers me thinks.

Go_Dogs
06-04-2007, 11:28 AM
That's probably the Adelaide media just hyping everything up too much, probably the extent of the injury wasn't as bad as first thought. Craigy will run his players into the ground again if he's going to be playing older blokes who are a bit of an injury concern, however these 3 players are very important to them and their chances this weekend. I believe they will be taking at least 1 traveling emergency too, possibly 3, so there could be a surprise or two.

LostDoggy
06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Was he one of the guys that was on Sydney's list last year? How does he look as a possible rookie listed player?

It was the first time I saw him (Eriksen)-bean pole type (very skinny).
The miss from 10m didn't impress but he must of played well later.

bornadog
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Looks like Addison will come in for Monty as he is named on interchange bench for Werribbe and the others named in the team.

southerncross
06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Looks like Addison will come in for Monty as he is named on interchange bench for Werribbe and the others named in the team.

Thats not necessarily the best indicator I wouldn't have thought. If it is correct though it does put him ahead of a few of the other guys

bornadog
08-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Thats not necessarily the best indicator I wouldn't have thought. If it is correct though it does put him ahead of a few of the other guys

Maybe Addison should have come in after todays's result.