PDA

View Full Version : Great Commentators of the 21st century

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Just watching the Saints v Pies... heard Tim Watson talking about the Pies quarter time huddle... he said Malthouse made a beeline for Side Steelebottom....:D:D:D

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
More from the Saints vs Pies... when we were tearing it up last year, did we get our gun midfielders in a half-time feature interview with Bruce??? and have Bruce fawning all over how enjoyable the half hour was? Why are the Saints so speeeeeecial????

PS - did anyone catch him referring to a player as "delicious" this week? If I was his wife, I'd be VERY concerned.

The Coon Dog
11-05-2009, 11:01 PM
PS - did anyone catch him referring to a player as "delicious" this week? If I was his wife, I'd be VERY concerned.

Cyril Rioli.

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Cyril Rioli.

Yep, that was the one... weird...really weird...then again coming from Bruce, it was par for the course...

LostDoggy
12-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Maybe 'Delicious' is the new 'Specialllllllllll' :D

LostDoggy
12-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Maybe 'Delicious' is the new 'Specialllllllllll' :D

Delicious is the new finally-gone-over-the-edge.

AndrewP6
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Delicious is the new finally-gone-over-the-edge.

I know, it made me shudder... always thought Bruce was odd...

Hairy Albert
13-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Would somebody please tell me, why, when a team scores (and they are behind on the scoreboard), the commentators say that they are WITHIN 2pts 12pts etc. Please, what is it that they are within? I have been watching this game for 47 yrs and I still have not worked it out. I am sure more learned supporters will be able to give me the answer. I find the practice really irritating.

LostDoggy
13-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Martin Tyler.

AndrewP6
13-05-2009, 01:05 PM
think this is mentioned elsewhere, but ...

Home from work sick today, so I'm having a look at the replay of the weekend's game. EVERY time he's mentioned, it's "Taylor Walker"...never just the surname! You know how some celebrities have only one name? Well, it appears "Taylor Walker" always has two!

Hot_Doggies
13-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Bit like Farren Ray.

craigsahibee
13-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Bit like Farren Ray.

Just on Farren, why isn't his name pronounced as "foreign"?

The only difference in the spelling of his name and the name "Warren" is the "F".

My god this English language is tricky.

AndrewP6
13-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Just heard one of them say about Taylor Walker "The thing I like about him is he's a footballer"!!!!!!!!!

AndrewP6
13-05-2009, 01:19 PM

The only difference in the spelling of his name and the name "Warren" is the "F".

Good point!

The Underdog
13-05-2009, 01:25 PM

I've heard him say he was named after country singer Faron Young, guess his parents didn't have a record cover handy at the birth

craigsahibee
13-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I've heard him say he was named after country singer Faron Young, guess his parents didn't have a record cover handy at the birth

Or they bought a dodgy Balinese pirated copy.

LostDoggy
13-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Or they bought a dodgy Balinese pirated copy.

Wat iis wrowng witth Balinis prated cvds?

Desipura
13-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Wat iis wrowng witth Balinis prated cvds? their mouths move faster than the words that are coming out.

LostDoggy
13-05-2009, 01:43 PM
their mouths move faster than the words that are coming out.

Ah, that's just CGI.

Ozza
13-05-2009, 04:37 PM
think this is mentioned elsewhere, but ...

Home from work sick today, so I'm having a look at the replay of the weekend's game. EVERY time he's mentioned, it's "Taylor Walker"...never just the surname! You know how some celebrities have only one name? Well, it appears "Taylor Walker" always has two!

Yeah - I brought this up on another board. But it was so annoying that Dwayne Russell (and co) were so obsessed with TAYLOR WALKER that they said his full name about 12 times every time he went near it. he blocked someone in a marking contest once and they said his naem 4 times.

There's a few others that they love to say both names;

Robbie Gray
Eddie Betts
Farren Ray

Few other annoying commentary fads -
Danny Frawley: "He needed to 'LOWER HIS EYES' to see the shorter marking options"

Bruce McVaney - constantly asks questions that nobody answers. "Geez you get the feeling the sainst might just break this game open shortly don't you? ***silence***

Glen Jakovich - just blatantly barracks for WCE. Doesn't even try to hide it.

ledge
13-05-2009, 06:25 PM
"Outstanding" is really pissing me off now, is a major sponsor of the league some company called "outstanding" this year?

ledge
13-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I know, it made me shudder... always thought Bruce was odd...

I am convinced he will come out of the closet one day wearing his wifes clothes. :D

Happy Days
13-05-2009, 10:25 PM
James "Mr. Insight" Hird - "North won't mind this, they love contested....contests"

AndrewP6
13-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Not a big fan of "shot on goal"...

hujsh
13-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Has anyone seen the Channel 7 ads that have the AFL players in the offices with Bruce etc.

Very similar to ESPN IMO.

AndrewP6
05-04-2010, 02:19 AM
BUMP.

James Hird - about halfway through the third quarter of Dogs v Richmond, after Griff put us up by 50 - "This game is now opening up.... this could get ugly in the second half"... duh, really?

Hotdog60
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Brian Taylor!!

My kids don't often sit with me and watch the football, but yesterday after sitting there for 10 Min's said," Who's this commentator, he's very irritating".

bornadog
07-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Brian Taylor!!

My kids don't often sit with me and watch the football, but yesterday after sitting there for 10 Min's said," Who's this commentator, he's very irritating".

Smart Kids