PDA

View Full Version : Players being signed before Gold Coast can get to them.

LostDoggy
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I have read several newspaper reports of clubs signing up their players with long extensions, i.e. Hale today for the Roos. However, none of them seem to be the bulldogs. Does anyone know what the status is for our players - and if any of our best 22 are out of contract and looking at risk?

LostDoggy
13-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I believe Shaun Higgins is a target. Obviously wouldn't want to lose him. Wasn't there an article suggesting he would be offered the vice-captaincy and more money that we could match a few weeks ago?

LostDoggy
14-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I think HIggins has been offered the captaincy and big bucks. I can't blame him for considering it seriously if he is, but I reckon the GC is going to be another Freo - just have this feeling - so I don't think it would be a good career move for him, just good for his bank balance.

ledge
14-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Maybe premiership v captaincy, big bucks and no premiership.
Which would you take considering your career changes at around 32 years of age?

Mofra
15-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Its all greed at the end of the day. How much money do you really need?
Always, just a little bit more ;)

bulldogsman
15-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Its all greed at the end of the day. How much money do you really need?

It really depends how happy the person is as well. He seems happy enough, but things can change.

ledge
18-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Not greed in all cases, a job on the Gold Coast and living there is more inticing than Melbournes weather, players might love the Gold Coast as a lot of people do.

A lot of people move as the job entitles them too, no different to AFL.

Apparently most shop owners in QLD are semi retired Victorians, its a nice place to live and i am sure an AFL player will be given a nice suburb to live in.

Beaches, sunshine, mmm think im going move just thinking about it....

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I hope Higgins stays, most likely move might be Tommy.

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Just thinking after reading the opposition player profile thread, it would make sense for GC to target Selwood - the big money, sun, wine and women with the promise of the captaincy might do the trick (and will hopefully take the pressure off Higgins):o

Desipura
18-05-2009, 03:40 PM
interesting was prior to the draft Higgins stated that his preference was to stay in Melbourne as he was very close to his family. When we drafted him, he was rapt to be going to the Dogs as it was not far to travel to Geelong.
I hope that is still the case in 18 months time.

ledge
18-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Well i hope we are in negotiations with him now because he obviously is in our long term plans.