HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Josh Hill
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Scott Welsh, Liam Picken
Emg: Dylan Addison, Shaun Higgins, Callan Ward

No change

ledge
14-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Higgins as an emergency, interesting as Eade said he wouldnt play if he wasnt fully fit, surely he would play if he was then.

bornadog
14-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Higgins as an emergency, interesting as Eade said he wouldnt play if he wasnt fully fit, surely he would play if he was then.

Is this another last minute change

The Adelaide Connection
14-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Still think it is an opportunity lost to rest a few blokes such as Hudson for Skipper. Not that I think Melbourne will be a walkover, but I do rate the guys on the sideline that are waiting to get a gig.

Templeton31
14-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Skipper cant even get on the emergency list....

ledge
14-05-2009, 06:58 PM
The mans on borrowed time i think, like Wighty.
Been on the list a very long time now and not many games, sadly i like Skip and dont think he has been given a lot of opportunities.

The Adelaide Connection
14-05-2009, 07:14 PM
The mans on borrowed time i think, like Wighty.
Been on the list a very long time now and not many games, sadly i like Skip and dont think he has been given a lot of opportunities.

From all reports he has been tearing it up most weeks in the VFL. I know it's a big jump but surely it warrants selection at a time when the dogs should be looking to give older blokes a week off.

Oh wait, maybe it would be a good idea to do it next week. Who do we have again? :mad:

ledge
14-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Street tore it up all last year, means jack if your times up by the looks of things.

bornadog
14-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Street tore it up all last year, means jack if your times up by the looks of things.

Street wasn't good enough and thats why he wasn't picked. I am afraid the coaching staff believe the same with Skip.

mighty_west
14-05-2009, 09:07 PM

Absolutely, the likes of Birss & Kmac etc also tore it up at the lower level, Streeta even had over 50 hit outs against Jeff White in the VFL last year yet when back in the senior side, looked like a fish out of water.

The only way i can see Skip get a game is if Hudson or Minson get injured as that back up ruckman and not as a stand alone forward.

Once your name has been red lined, it's pretty much it, and there is probably no point in rewarding Skipper if he is not part of the future.

LostDoggy
14-05-2009, 10:03 PM
If Higgins is fit, how can he not be playing??

AndrewP6
14-05-2009, 10:28 PM
If Higgins is fit, how can he not be playing??

Not fit, is my guess..Rocket said if he's not 100% he won't play...

bornadog
14-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Not fit, is my guess..Rocket said if he's not 100% he won't play...

Then why name him as an emergency? Unless he is giving him time to get fit by Saturday?

AndrewP6
14-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Then why name him as an emergency? Unless he is giving him time to get fit by Saturday?

Yeah, I reckon that's his plan...

boydogs
14-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I reckon that's his plan...

Did it last week with Welsh

The Underdog
14-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Absolutely, the likes of Birss & Kmac etc also tore it up at the lower level, Streeta even had over 50 hit outs against Jeff White in the VFL last year yet when back in the senior side, looked like a fish out of water.

The only way i can see Skip get a game is if Hudson or Minson get injured as that back up ruckman and not as a stand alone forward.

Once your name has been red lined, it's pretty much it, and there is probably no point in rewarding Skipper if he is not part of the future.

I think the coaching staff actually really admire a lot of things about Skipper. He could have been turfed last year but instead was offered another year as a backup ruck option. The truth is, he is currently the 3rd best ruckman on our list. Until he can dislodge Hudson or Minson or they get injured he won't be picked. He's done everything right by keeping his form up at Willy and who knows maybe he'll get a chance.
Let's not romanticise him though. He's not about to suddenly give us a great deal more than the other two.

The Coon Dog
14-05-2009, 11:39 PM

Seems arse about doesn't it doing it that way. Normally they name them in the team & just bring in an emergency to replace them if they don't come up.

If Higgins does pass a test & is fit to play, who makes way for him? That player can then not play for Williamstown.

LostDoggy
15-05-2009, 01:33 AM
There may be another player in doubt, so if he pulls out they have the option to put Higgo in if he is fit otherwise one of the other emergencies

LostDoggy
15-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Still think it is an opportunity lost to rest a few blokes such as Hudson for Skipper. Not that I think Melbourne will be a walkover, but I do rate the guys on the sideline that are waiting to get a gig.

Skipper does not help his case when he has kicked 3 goals 20 behinds in three games.
He is getting plenty of the ball, just can't kick straight.

Mantis
15-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Skipper does not help his case when he has kicked 3 goals 20 behinds in three games.
He is getting plenty of the ball, just can't kick straight.

Where did you pull these figures from?

Bulldog Revolution
15-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Where did you pull these figures from?

I suspect that on the VFL site T-BONE has looked at the column on the VFL website which lists where a player has been voted in the Best on Ground award. From memory its done 1-6 for BOG in each team, and its not behinds.

LostDoggy
15-05-2009, 09:44 AM
:) Kicking 3-20 would have been encouraging even if he was missing shots.
20 votes means he playing really well at VFL level.

Axe Man
15-05-2009, 10:37 AM
I suspect that on the VFL site T-BONE has looked at the column on the VFL website which lists where a player has been voted in the Best on Ground award. From memory its done 1-6 for BOG in each team, and its not behinds.

Yeah I suspect you are correct. In 4 games he has been named 5th, 3rd, 6th & 6th best, which totals 20 in the 'B' column. If you hover your mouse over the B it tells you it's best, not behinds.

It also does not mean 20 votes, it may not mean any votes. It simply means that he's been named in the best each week, which of course is a good sign.

LostDoggy
15-05-2009, 12:15 PM
It also does not mean 20 votes, it may not mean any votes. It simply means that he's been named in the best each week, which of course is a good sign.

Yes your right. Its always been a bizarre way naming the best players.

Dazza
15-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I hope Higgins isn't showing signs of Op.

bornadog
15-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I hope Higgins isn't showing signs of Op.

Not according to this extract from the Bulldogs website:

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have named an unchanged line-up for Saturday's clash with Melbourne, but have left the door ajar for exciting youngster Shaun Higgins to make a late run to play.

Groin soreness had Higgins, 21, withdrawn from the team that defeated Adelaide but he has been named as an emergency this week.

"Higgins trained through the week, but it was a bit lighter than the other guys due to his groin injury," football operations manager James Fantasia said.

"He got through about 70 or 80 per cent of the work and we just thought we wouldn't put him in, but would put him on the emergency list so if anything happens we can consider him.

"Naming him was more about leaving the door open in case something happens between now and Saturday and still leaving us the option of seeing where he was. But if we were playing on Friday and someone pulled out we wouldn't put him in based on how he got through the week.

"If he wakes up Saturday morning and he's feeling 100 per cent and someone else was out then you've still got that option up your sleeve to be able to put him in."

The Underdog
15-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm going to put my money on Welsh out for Higgins, the reverse of last week's late change.

Jasper
15-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm going to put my money on Welsh out for Higgins, the reverse of last week's late change.

I 2nd that he will play for sure(make sure you leave him on the field in your dream teams).

becmatty
15-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Bitter-sweet news - Higgins will replace Griffen.

Jasper
15-05-2009, 05:33 PM

source

hujsh
15-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah I suspect you are correct. In 4 games he has been named 5th, 3rd, 6th & 6th best, which totals 20 in the 'B' column. If you hover your mouse over the B it tells you it's best, not behinds.

If it's off Sporting Pulse i'm pretty sure that 6=BOG

Axe Man
15-05-2009, 07:45 PM
If it's off Sporting Pulse i'm pretty sure that 6=BOG

No actually it doesn't. The league I play in also uses sportingpulse and this confused me initally as well. If you look at the best players named for Willy last week:

Best Players: P. Rose, C. Ward, B. Davies, G. O''Keefe, D. Stretton, W. Skipper

Rose gets a 1 in the best, Ward a 2, and so on. It's a bit of a stupid system if you ask me.

Check it out if you don't believe me:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=45324868&c=1-118-10459-80515-9815585&pool=-1

Go_Dogs
15-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Doesn't help my supercoach team much!

Griff must be out with the corked buttock ( :D ) he suffered on the weekend. Let's just hope it isn't one of those niggly injuries that doesn't go away.

Mantis
15-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Doesn't help my supercoach team much!

Griff must be out with the corked buttock ( :D ) he suffered on the weekend. Let's just hope it isn't one of those niggly injuries that doesn't go away.

Like you would be able to get on the prick of a site to do anything about it.

hujsh
15-05-2009, 08:37 PM
No actually it doesn't. The league I play in also uses sportingpulse and this confused me initally as well. If you look at the best players named for Willy last week:

Best Players: P. Rose, C. Ward, B. Davies, G. O''Keefe, D. Stretton, W. Skipper

Rose gets a 1 in the best, Ward a 2, and so on. It's a bit of a stupid system if you ask me.

Check it out if you don't believe me:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=45324868&c=1-118-10459-80515-9815585&pool=-1

No, you're right. They used to do it differently and i didn't realize they'd changed.