PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Hahn?

Dry Rot
03-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Anyone know how he is coming along? Likely return dates to the Bees and then to the Dogs?

Will be a bit of a different side in the last half of the season with Hahn and Grant back in.

Twodogs
03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Round five they were saying last week.

Dry Rot
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Round five they were saying last week.

Thanks - presume = comeback at the Bees?

Will be interesting having both him and Grant for the business end of the season.

Twodogs
03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks - presume = comeback at the Bees?

Will be interesting having both him and Grant for the business end of the season.

He's certain to come back via the 'bees.

Two good, hard headed, mature players for the business end of the year, it's better than losing them that's for sure.

GVGjr
03-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Hahn looks very fit and I think he will just need two or three games with the Bees to find his touch and form. On the field he does some of those intangibles that some supporters miss but most supporters rate highly. In a number of area's he is an important cog in out team.

LostDoggy
03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Loved the way Hahn would bullock his way through packs and come through with the ball. Does anyone think the 'mental' aspect of his knee injury will hinder this in any way? I thought Murphy and Darcy both threw themselves around on the weekend - didn't seem to hold back at all.

GVGjr
03-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Loved the way Hahn would bullock his way through packs and come through with the ball. Does anyone think the 'mental' aspect of his knee injury will hinder this in any way? I thought Murphy and Darcy both threw themselves around on the weekend - didn't seem to hold back at all.

I think some players might go through the anguish of thinking about a knee injury but I'm not sure Hahn will.

When Murphy went off I thought straight away it was related to his knee and the same when Darcy landed awkwardly at the end of the 3rd quarter. I guess the anguish and the mental aspect will be more of a concern for the supporters like myself rather than the players.

LostDoggy
03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I think some players might go through the anguish of thinking about a knee injury but I'm not sure Hahn will.

When Murphy went off I thought straight away it was related to his knee and the same when Darcy landed awkwardly at the end of the 3rd quarter. I guess the anguish and the mental aspect will be more of a concern for the supporters like myself rather than the players.

Ha! I know what you mean. I was watching Murphy on the bench so intently through my binoculars freaking out that it might be his knee that I missed Darcy kick his goal. My Dad was elbowing me saying "Darcy goaled, Darcy goaled" and there I was following Murphy around with my goggles!

Yes hopefully Mitch will relegate any anguish about this knee to some inaccessible recess of his mind.

dog town
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Wont bother him when he is running straight through packs the way he does. The part that gets you mentally is twisting/turning/jumping sort of stuff.

Twodogs
03-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Wont bother him when he is running straight through packs the way he does. The part that gets you mentally is twisting/turning/jumping sort of stuff.

I figure it'll mainly impact on his jumping for marking contests with Mitch.

FWIW He has thrown himself into rehab with amazing gusto. MItch and Doogs were running laps on the steps in the Whitten stand and Mitch lapped Doogs before they were through the first lap.

alwaysadog
03-04-2007, 10:52 PM

FWIW He has thrown himself into rehab with amazing gusto. MItch and Doogs were running laps on the steps in the Whitten stand and Mitch lapped Doogs before they were through the first lap.

Did you watch the boxing video on the club website; he has been doing a hell of a lot of aerobic work and the way they were making him do repetitions of the uppercut; they were also working to strengthen his dodgy shoulders.

Rehab has gone to a new level; the combination of extra resources and improved science should mean he doesn't need too much time to find form.

IMHO he is a vital cog in any assault we make on a flag. He brings something to the side that no one else does; it's both his incredible determination (that you have referred to), his pack splitting capacity and his ability to make goals out of nothing, or almost nothing.

Bulldog Revolution
03-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Hahn looks very fit and I think he will just need two or three games with the Bees to find his touch and form. On the field he does some of those intangibles that some supporters miss but most supporters rate highly. In a number of area's he is an important cog in out team.

Ever since he has played spells on the ball I have described him as our future Norm Smith Medallist.

He is the type of player who I just imagine tearing the Grand Final apart in the premiership 3rd quarter - important centre breaks, breaking tackles, making tackles, slamming through team lifting goals etc. When we make it there he is going to be amazing

Luckystrike
03-04-2007, 11:48 PM
It took a while for Hahn to grow on me, often i doubted his skills. But early last year, he was sensational, if he can get back to that sort of form he'll be a big asset come September.

Sockeye Salmon
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM

The interesting thing about this for me was that Doogs was asking the fitness guy "how many more laps?" after almost every lap ("until I say stop" was the answer). Mitch just kept powering on. I reckon if they had to do another 100 laps Mitch would have just done it.

Twodogs
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
The interesting thing about this for me was that Doogs was asking the fitness guy "how many more laps?" after almost every lap ("until I say stop" was the answer). Mitch just kept powering on. I reckon if they had to do another 100 laps Mitch would have just done it.

That had me wondering about Doogs, then I started to think about how hot it was, we were all there leering (and shouting encouragement:D ) and how much the poor bastards teeth must have hurt(He was recovoring from a wisdon tooth extraction). I've since decided that it said more about Hahn than it said about Doogs, because what Doogs did was natural-Hahn was being his normal competitive self.

dog town
04-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Ever since he has played spells on the ball I have described him as our future Norm Smith Medallist.

He is the type of player who I just imagine tearing the Grand Final apart in the premiership 3rd quarter - important centre breaks, breaking tackles, making tackles, slamming through team lifting goals etc. When we make it there he is going to be amazing
I have said something extremely sinilar a few times now. We have a few players who I could see ripping it up on the last day in september but Hahn stands out to me for the reasons you have mentioned.