PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Stadium and the food rules.

ledge
18-05-2009, 01:38 PM
As food and drink is so dear inside i like many others take mine from home to the game.
I heard on SEN this morning that a guy had his bag checked and had 2 cans of soft drink confiscated, i thought the reason for these checks was for alcohol.
I took a few kids to the game at the MCG and they had cans of drink in their bag and got through, what are the rules ?

I will add if i do get mine confiscated the AFL can get stuffed, this is just rubbish and would be the last straw as i couldnt possibly afford the food and let my 12 yo female eating machine starve for 3 hours.

I know you might say feed her first and i do, but she is one of those people who continuosly eats, skinny as a rake but obviously high metabolism.

Apart from that its not really healthy food they sell.

Does anyone know the laws that govern this and are they different at different stadiums?

BulldogBelle
18-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I heard on SEN this morning that a guy had his bag checked and had 2 cans of soft drink confiscated, i thought the reason for these checks was for alcohol.
I took a few kids to the game at the MCG and they had cans of drink in their bag and got through, what are the rules?

Cans haven't been allowed into any AFL venue for years...you can take plastic bottles of drinks in no problems with those. They also check the bags for weapons etc not just for alcohol. Kids were lucky to have slipped through with their cans of drink.

1eyedog
18-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Full cans hurt more than plastic bottles when they are thrown and they can be thrown further distances. Kids bags get through easier it seems.

Desipura
18-05-2009, 01:45 PM
take your jacket and put your food and drinks in your pockets. They wont check that!;)

The Coon Dog
18-05-2009, 02:36 PM
take your jacket and put your food and drinks in your pockets. They wont check that!;)

After reading this they might now!

ledge
18-05-2009, 02:39 PM
After reading this they might now!

I think its a pretty safe quote on a website from the security blokes i have seen and talked to, they wouldnt know what a computer was let alone how to look at a website!:D

Desipura
18-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Also footy socks pulled up are apparently good for storing cans in. No I do not do this, but know of some people that have in the past.

mighty_west
18-05-2009, 02:47 PM
When i take my little back pack i rarely get stopped to check, walked straight past at the G on Saturday as well.

Although on one occasion at the Dome, i was told i couldn't take my bottle of water in as i had already opened it [i had just bought it outside of the ground and had a sip].

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 07:12 PM
About 2 years back, we got into the habit of buying pizza outside at Docklands and taking it in to eat. we did this a couple of times and then got stopped and told we had to eat it outside. i complained and they pointed to the sign near the gates, which says you can't take food purchased at a commercial premises in. They said we were just lucky to have got through on the other occassions.

We still buy stuff outside, but just make it less obvious now.

The Adelaide Connection
18-05-2009, 08:06 PM
When I came over for the Carlton game I went outside to get some Nandos fries (it was the only thing my hungover body would even consider at the time) and a lady stopped me when I tried to go in and told me just to keep the Nandos branding covered.