PDA

View Full Version : Mooney out for 1 week

aker39
18-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Can't reduce it with a guilty plea.

He will have to go to the tribunal if he wants to play this week.

:):):)

hujsh
18-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Will be interesting how their forward line is set up now. If we shut the small players down we should do well again defensively.

Go_Dogs
18-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Good.

Which incident did he actually get rubbed out for? I'm guessing the spoil (read fist to the head). I honestly saw 2, perhaps 3, borderline incidents that he was involved in on the weekend that on initial viewing I thought could merit a week or two.

ledge
18-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Johnson worries me , he is a freak.

The Coon Dog
18-05-2009, 05:55 PM

And he's in white hot form too!

bulldogtragic
18-05-2009, 06:04 PM
And he's in white hot form too!
Melbourne showed Lake without a good fit unbalances our team.

If Tommy takes Tommy, than he gets Lonergan who i would of thought Everitt would take.

Might they go small and try to trhough us off with Lake. Make us play Lake forward and have Scarlett run off. Or with Lake's running ability, does that work for us that he can nullify Scarlett's run.

The only way to stop Johnson is to play Wight. Tell him to knock him out and get 2 years suspension. Boy Stevey J is a freak and in form. Not sure who is the best for him. Mooneey out makes everything more intersting!

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Mooney out = good news. Cant play this week even if he takes the early guilty plea..

Just 1 less player to worry about..still a good 10 that will give us trouble..

I like the Wight idea, if he can break X.Clarke's knee in a tackle imagine what he could do to Stevie J...but saying that he would prob stuff it up and end up injuring himself :D

mighty_west
18-05-2009, 07:22 PM

The whole team is a concern, last year with no Ablett or Ling, they mauled us!

Having said that, we'll win!

hujsh
18-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Mooney out = good news. Cant play this week even if he takes the early guilty plea..

Just 1 less player to worry about..still a good 10 that will give us trouble..

I like the Wight idea, if he can break X.Clarke's knee in a tackle imagine what he could do to Stevie J...but saying that he would prob stuff it up and end up injuring himself :D

I think it was Skipper.

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I think it was Skipper.

Yeah it was..and I was there too, said the wrong thing, Woops. :o

1eyedog
18-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Melbourne showed Lake without a good fit unbalances our team.

If Tommy takes Tommy, than he gets Lonergan who i would of thought Everitt would take.

Might they go small and try to trhough us off with Lake. Make us play Lake forward and have Scarlett run off. Or with Lake's running ability, does that work for us that he can nullify Scarlett's run.

The only way to stop Johnson is to play Wight. Tell him to knock him out and get 2 years suspension. Boy Stevey J is a freak and in form. Not sure who is the best for him. Mooneey out makes everything more intersting!

Good call. Could Lake take Tommy and do you think either Everitt or Hargrave (if fit) could handle Lonergan or Gamble? I'd have Morris on Johnson, same size really and hopefully Morris can do a decent lock down.

I'm interested in hearing others thoughts on Williams forward. Some will say he's too inexperienced up there but it's not like he's only played 10 games. He's nearly up to 30 games now and maybe it is worth a try? We played Grant up there so experience obviously does not come down to it as far as Eade is concerned. I would like to see our Tommy up forward for three weeks to see what happens. Minson doesn't work and what are the other options to give Higgins, Aker etc a 50/50 on the crumb? If Welsh plays up thee Scarlet may get him leaving Tommy with Taylor. Tom's bigger than Harry both in height and size and this looks like an ok match up for mine.

Rocco Jones
18-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Lake killed Lonergan in the prelim, let's hope it happens again. Mooney out also frees Morris to play on their buffet selection of dangerous small forwards.

boydogs
18-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Good call. Could Lake take Tommy and do you think either Everitt or Hargrave (if fit) could handle Lonergan or Gamble? I'd have Morris on Johnson, same size really and hopefully Morris can do a decent lock down.

I'm interested in hearing others thoughts on Williams forward. Some will say he's too inexperienced up there but it's not like he's only played 10 games. He's nearly up to 30 games now and maybe it is worth a try? We played Grant up there so experience obviously does not come down to it as far as Eade is concerned. I would like to see our Tommy up forward for three weeks to see what happens. Minson doesn't work and what are the other options to give Higgins, Aker etc a 50/50 on the crumb? If Welsh plays up thee Scarlet may get him leaving Tommy with Taylor. Tom's bigger than Harry both in height and size and this looks like an ok match up for mine.

With the height in our backline now its time we found other roles for some of our defenders. Tommy up forward was one in a season preview magazine I read. Not sure that he could become a skilled forward line player in 3 weeks though, it may take a full preseason with playing forward in mind. Lake's trouble with leading and goalkicking may also take more time to improve to the point where we can play him there in games where there is no defensive match-up for him, this week being a good example with Mooney suspended

I'm not sure I agree that Minson does not work, but he may be more effective with a permanent tall down there as well. It seems to me we should have done more over the off season just gone to ready Lake and/or Williams for being the new Chris Grant for us, it should have been obvious we were too tall down back and too small up forward for some opposition

1eyedog
18-05-2009, 09:23 PM
With the height in our backline now its time we found other roles for some of our defenders. Tommy up forward was one in a season preview magazine I read. Not sure that he could become a skilled forward line player in 3 weeks though, it may take a full preseason with playing forward in mind. Lake's trouble with leading and goalkicking may also take more time to improve to the point where we can play him there in games where there is no defensive match-up for him, this week being a good example with Mooney suspended

I'm not sure I agree that Minson does not work, but he may be more effective with a permanent tall down there as well. It seems to me we should have done more over the off season just gone to ready Lake and/or Williams for being the new Chris Grant for us, it should have been obvious we were too tall down back and too small up forward for some opposition

Agreed. I'm not saying a skilled forward, I'm just wondering what he might have to offer there and 3 weeks is an arbitrary time frame that we might get some idea from. IMO Minson really offers nothing up forward other than that the opposition are unlikely to mark it if it is bombed in there. In terms of pre-planning a forward structure in the preseason, it seems that all the eggs were in the Murphy-Welsh basket.