PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldog

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Recieved the latest edition of "The Bulldog" in the mail today. Bulldog Passion Jnr was all over the story on Ben Hudson (he has taken to having one sock up and one down when he plays with his u9s team). Love the content, great quality magazine and reflects the Bulldog community spirit.

Recognised at least one of the business listed as a Bulldogs Freindly Business belonging to a "Woof" contributor (being Revolution Cleaning). Are there any other "Woof" members sponsoring the Bulldogs that we should be supporting?

mighty_west
18-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Got mine today as well, good little piece on Simon Dalrymple and his recruiting team, be interesting to see how they go over the next few years with selecting new talent, the types of smokies etc etc etc.

Also got the new bumper sticker as well, the original one has only been on the car since December and looks 10 years old!!!

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Got mine today as well, good little piece on Simon Dalrymple and his recruiting team, be interesting to see how they go over the next few years with selecting new talent, the types of smokies etc etc etc.

Also got the new bumper sticker as well, the original one has only been on the car since December and looks 10 years old!!!

Geez where do you live? The Kalahari Desert?

LostDoggy
18-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Recieved the latest edition of "The Bulldog" in the mail today. Bulldog Passion Jnr was all over the story on Ben Hudson (he has taken to having one sock up and one down when he plays with his u9s team). Love the content, great quality magazine and reflects the Bulldog community spirit.

Recognised at least one of the business listed as a Bulldogs Freindly Business belonging to a "Woof" contributor (being Revolution Cleaning). Are there any other "Woof" members sponsoring the Bulldogs that we should be supporting?

Haha love it!

mighty_west
18-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Geez where do you live? The Kalahari Desert?

By the time i get home from some games, i tell ya, just about feels like i live out that far..

Nah just out in Mornington, have a garage as well, i believe many have had a similar problem with the stickers - hense why they re-made them and sent out to members..;)

Desipura
19-05-2009, 08:57 AM
What I found interesting in the article was that Eade made comment along the lines of "although we do not have a readymade centre half forward, we believe we have some exciting talent that could play that position mentioning Cordy, Roughead and Boumann . Boumann is not even playing firsts for Williamstown.

GVGjr
19-05-2009, 09:04 AM
What I found interesting in the article was that Eade made comment along the lines of "although we do not have a readymade centre half forward, we believe we have some exciting talent that could play that position mentioning Cordy, Roughead and Boumann . Boumann is not even playing firsts for Williamstown.

He's been in excellent form though and once a spot opens up, I'm sure they want to try him as a forward in the seniors.
Roughead has played the last few two weeks in the seconds as well after coming back from an injury.

Desipura
19-05-2009, 09:07 AM
He's been in excellent form though and once a spot opens up, I'm sure they want to try him as a forward in the seniors.
Roughead has played the last few two weeks in the seconds as well after coming back from an injury.

yes I know, just do not understand how there has not been a spot for a mobile kpp in the firsts. Roughead I am really excited about, hopefully he plays (Willi) seniors very soon.
For eg why is an underdeveloped physically Ayce Cordy playing ahead of Boumann who has been in the system a few years now?

GVGjr
19-05-2009, 09:26 AM
yes I know, just do not understand how there has not been a spot for a mobile kpp in the firsts. Roughead I am really excited about, hopefully he plays (Willi) seniors very soon.
For eg why is an underdeveloped physically Ayce Cordy playing ahead of Boumann who has been in the system a few years now?

Perhaps it's attitude. Boumann has been in the system just one year longer but didn't display the right sort of approach in his first season. Now that seems behind him but Cordy has been switched on from day one and has grasped his chances each week for Williamstown.
FWIW, the move to the backline has been a huge boost for Boumann and whilst I believe he should be promoted to the seniors it won't harm his development playing in the reserves.

azabob
19-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Perhaps it's attitude. Boumann has been in the system just one year longer but didn't display the right sort of approach in his first season. Now that seems behind him but Cordy has been switched on from day one and has grasped his chances each week for Williamstown.
FWIW, the move to the backline has been a huge boost for Boumann and whilst I believe he should be promoted to the seniors it won't harm his development playing in the reserves.

Could it also be down to pure ability? Is Cordy is a better footballer than Boumann regardless of when they were drafted?

LostDoggy
19-05-2009, 10:23 AM
By the time i get home from some games, i tell ya, just about feels like i live out that far..

Nah just out in Mornington, have a garage as well, i believe many have had a similar problem with the stickers - hense why they re-made them and sent out to members..;)

Ah haha. I've never used the stickers so had no idea. :))

Mornington is a lovely part of the world -- love the Brass Razu for a feed.

The Coon Dog
19-05-2009, 11:40 AM

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/BFB%20Logo246a.JPG

News
Business in the west go Bulldogs Friendly

After 3 years in development, the Western Bulldogs have launched their Bulldogs Friendly Business Program

After 3 years in development, the Western Bulldogs have launched their Bulldogs Friendly Business Program with a highly successful cocktail reception at Whitten Oval on Tuesday evening.

The program, a first for any AFL Club has attracted almost 100 local Businesses in the first two months and offers businesses the opportunity to increase sales and exposure to Western Bulldogs members through a range of packages to enhance business development, together with various advertising and networking opportunities.

Bulldogs Friendly Businesses will foster relationships within the community to cross promote and develop a loyalty program. This will enhance a business’s long term patronage while providing mutual benefit for participating businesses and their customers.

Speaking at the launch, Western Bulldogs Chief Executive, Campbell Rose said “building a social and business enterprise network is part of the Club’s genuine belief that being embedded in the local community is the way of the future.”
“It’s all about doing business with people and in doing so developing relationships with those who can drive your business” Rose said.

The Program provides an online directory of businesses - http://www.bulldogsfriendlybusiness.com.au - each offering Western Bulldogs members with exclusive offers and deals.

The Program is supported by Telstra, who has joined as Presenting Partner.

“Our partnership with the Western Bulldogs for this program is an extension of our existing commitment to the west of Melbourne. We were attracted to the underlying concept of the Bulldogs Friendly Business initiative, which is that loyal Bulldogs members will support the businesses that support their club - loyalty is an important business principle for the successful operation of organisations big and small" Patrick O'Beirne, General Manager Melbourne for Telstra said.

“We also look forward to providing some special offers to Bulldogs members during season 2009” he said.

Members should visit http://www.bulldogsfriendlybusiness.com.au to view the exclusive offers available.

BULLDOGS FRIENDLY BUSINESS (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/76439/default.aspx)

mighty_west
19-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Ah haha. I've never used the stickers so had no idea. :))

Mornington is a lovely part of the world -- love the Brass Razu for a feed.

Sssshhhh, don't let it get out, although, over the past few years more people have found this place, having grown up in Willy before the yuppies took over, i compare it to Willy 20 years ago, and right on the beach as well.

Brassies, know the place VERY well.

chef
19-05-2009, 12:59 PM

My five years old son does the same thing at Auskick (Callan Ward is his favourite player).

bornadog
19-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Could it also be down to pure ability? Is Cordy is a better footballer than Boumann regardless of when they were drafted?

Cordy is also a very mature lad for his age. He was in the top couple of % in VCE and is now studying at Melbourne Uni to eventually be a doctor. So his attitude is way above some of the other draftees, a very smart kid.

GVGjr
19-05-2009, 07:37 PM

No it's not that Boumann lacks ability and if you re-read what I wrote I was advocating that Cordy had done everything right from day one.

azabob
19-05-2009, 08:11 PM
No it's not that Boumann lacks ability and if you re-read what I wrote I was advocating that Cordy had done everything right from day one.

I understand what you are saying and I didn't I disagree with you. I was simply pointing out if Cordy is performing better in game's than Boumann that is also a reason for Cordy playing seniors and Boumann is playing reserves. Surely that also comes down to it?

Mantis
19-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I understand what you are saying and I didn't I disagree with you. I was simply pointing out if Cordy is performing better in game's than Boumann that is also a reason for Cordy playing seniors and Boumann is playing reserves. Surely that also comes down to it?

I wouldn't have thought that is the case.

Williamstown has little or no depth in the ruck bar the Bulldogs listed players whereas there is quite a few players capable of playing key position roles amongst the Willi crew. Cordy obviously can help out in the ruck and with Roughead missing the first 3 or 4 games was the obvious choice to help out Skipper.

I would think that most Willi watchers would say that Boumann's performances would be slightly better than Cordy's abit at a different level.

GVGjr
19-05-2009, 10:06 PM

From my observations, Cordy is performing well in the firsts, actually a bit better than I thought he would, but Boumann has been doing exceptionally well in the reserves and has displayed a level of versatility I wasn't sure that he could.
Given Cordy can relieve Skipper in the ruck it makes him an almost required player when fit especially when Roughead is out. It did however, seem strange to me that Boumann wasn't selected to replace Cordy in the seniors for the game against Frankston.

Hard to split them I suppose but there must be something holding Boumann back because it's not necessarily form related.

azabob
20-05-2009, 01:21 PM
From my observations, Cordy is performing well in the firsts, actually a bit better than I thought he would, but Boumann has been doing exceptionally well in the reserves and has displayed a level of versatility I wasn't sure that he could.
Given Cordy can relieve Skipper in the ruck it makes him an almost required player when fit especially when Roughead is out. It did however, seem strange to me that Boumann wasn't selected to replace Cordy in the seniors for the game against Frankston.

Hard to split them I suppose but there must be something holding Boumann back because it's not necessarily form related.

Thanks GVGjr. Hopefully it clicks for Boumann before its too late, as in no new contract offered.

LostDoggy
20-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Has Boumann ever even played for Williamstown Seniors?

Sockeye Salmon
20-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Has Boumann ever even played for Williamstown Seniors?

Two games, one goal.