PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the proud Bulldog

Rocco Jones
18-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Who else is with me?

http://futebolaustraliano.googlepages.com/Footscray-logo-1977.gif/Footscray-logo-1977-full.gif

Show your love for the proud Bulldog by wearing any gear you have featuring the proud Bulldog to games. I wear my proud Bulldog hoodie to games.

Proud Bulldog 4 life!

Robot Bulldog is dumb!

firstdogonthemoon
18-05-2009, 11:50 PM
I love robot bulldog. Robot bulldog is the way of the future. All hail robot bulldog.

Rocco Jones
18-05-2009, 11:53 PM
I love robot bulldog. Robot bulldog is the way of the future. All hail robot bulldog.

Robot Bulldog may be the way of the future but it is a cold, heartless future I want no part of.

Desipura
19-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Bullldog shop think there is still a market for proud bulldog as they sell shirts/t-shirts withg proud bulldog on them. Im with you Rocco, proud all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

LostDoggy
19-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Robot Bulldog may be the way of the future but it is a cold, heartless future I want no part of.

This is a false dichotomy.. old technology has always been threatened by new technology (the radio is going to be the end of books! the TV is going to be the end of radio! The internet is going to be the end of TV, books and radio!).

The reality is, they are not mutually exclusive. Robot Bulldog can coexist with Proud Bulldog and cater to different, if overlapping, sets of supporters. FDOTM can snuggle up with the cold hard metal of Robot Bulldog, and Rocco, you can rub your face in Proud Bulldogs soft, smelly fur.

The Pie Man
19-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Pretty much all the 70/80's logos kicked a-ss over today's versions. Ours especially, love the proud bulldog.

comrade
19-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Proud Bulldog vs Robot Bulldog

I smell a t-shirt brewing....

chef
19-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Pretty much all the 70/80's logos kicked a-ss over today's versions. Ours especially, love the proud bulldog.

Me too.

Cyberdoggie
19-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm a proud bulldog man.

I'm also a fan of angry fat cheeks bulldog, as seen on the woof logo.

The cyberdog/robot dog is ok however his lack of real eyeballs scares me and makes me feel cold.

BulldogBelle
19-05-2009, 11:02 PM
We need a real Bulldog at the front of all team photo's

Might sound silly but for some pregame entertainment for the kiddies Bulldog breeders should be encourgaed to parade/showcase/walk their dogs around the stadium

Bring back the pride in the dog

Rocco Jones
19-05-2009, 11:22 PM
We need a real Bulldog at the front of all team photo's

Might sound silly but for some pregame entertainment for the kiddies Bulldog breeders should be encourgaed to parade/showcase/walk their dogs around the stadium

Bring back the pride in the dog

Oh I think I love you.

The wonderful thing is that we already have a real Bulldog as a mascot.

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/Butch1%20246x316a.JPG

His name is Butch.

LostDoggy
20-05-2009, 12:03 AM
There was another bulldog emblem between robot and the proud one.
It was just of the face.

The Adelaide Connection
20-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Bullldog shop think there is still a market for proud bulldog as they sell shirts/t-shirts withg proud bulldog on them. Im with you Rocco, proud all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is because there is a massive market for vintage gear at the moment. 70's/80's icons like Mighty Mouse, The Goodies, The A Team, etc are big business in the T-shirt industry and someone down in the merchandise department has been clever enough to recognise this market.

I am balancing on the fence on this one. Love the slick modern robot dog, dig the old school retro dog.

On a slight tangent, I think they should bring back the cartoon mascots bouncing out on TV when a game finishes. I loved that as a kid in the eighties!:)

The Coon Dog
20-05-2009, 08:43 AM
There was another bulldog emblem between robot and the proud one.
It was just of the face.
http://www.bomberblitz.com/~rmered/images/Footscray-logo-1990.gif

I always used to call this one Merv Hughes.

Cyberdoggie
20-05-2009, 01:37 PM
That is because there is a massive market for vintage gear at the moment. 70's/80's icons like Mighty Mouse, The Goodies, The A Team, etc are big business in the T-shirt industry and someone down in the merchandise department has been clever enough to recognise this market.

I am balancing on the fence on this one. Love the slick modern robot dog, dig the old school retro dog.

On a slight tangent, I think they should bring back the cartoon mascots bouncing out on TV when a game finishes. I loved that as a kid in the eighties!:)

Haha, that's right, i loved that as well.

Didn't the two competing mascots fight at the start? (or was that my imagination?)
and then at the end the victor mascot would strut his stuff across the screen. ;)

Cyberdoggie
20-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Was it just me or did everyone used to have a debate in their heads or amongst their school friends over which mascot would beat the other?

You would always bring out the Spock logic like "a lion is stronger than a tiger", or "how could a swan beat anything?". Then you would have to come up with reasons like, the cat couldn't catch the bird or the dog would get tired and give up chasing etc. No one could ever explain the blue or the saint.

The Adelaide Connection
21-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Was it just me or did everyone used to have a debate in their heads or amongst their school friends over which mascot would beat the other?

You would always bring out the Spock logic like "a lion is stronger than a tiger", or "how could a swan beat anything?". Then you would have to come up with reasons like, the cat couldn't catch the bird or the dog would get tired and give up chasing etc. No one could ever explain the blue or the saint.

Haha gold. :D:D:D

I don't remember them fighting at the start but I do remember the strutting. For some reason, ironically, I remember the Demons winning a lot and the clearest memory is seeing the demon bounce out on it's pointy tail.

In year 12 I ran the footy tipping comp at my school, we had roughly 60 year 12's on board and the girls who came runner up (joint entry) spent the first half of the season using that "would a lion beat a cat" sort of logic. Genius.

Rocco Jones
21-05-2009, 11:06 PM

LOL brilliant. :D:D

I loved the dancing mascots, they really need to bring them back for sure.

westdog54
23-05-2009, 02:23 PM

There was an ad on SEN for Superfooty Tipping with a bloke ringing the Tokyo Zoo asking "If a lion, tiger, bulldog, cat, hawk, eagle, kangaroo and crow were fighting to get to the top of a ladder, who would win?" Naturally the hapless zookeeper has no idea what he's talking about.

Scraggers
23-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I love Robot Bulldog ... to me it signifies the fightback against the VFL and Ross (Up Yours) Oakley

It's a coming of age

http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/sideline/1467/bulldogs.gif

Happy Days
24-05-2009, 12:47 AM
I have been born and raised on the robot bulldog, its not up for debate for mine.

AndrewP6
24-05-2009, 01:18 AM
I have been born and raised on the robot bulldog, its not up for debate for mine.

I have seen, worn and loved both in my time. Both have their merits. Is the proud bulldog dated? does the robot bulldog actually look like a dog? I like the Merv Hughes too...hmm, spoilt for choice. Maybe have the proud Bulldog for home games, and the robot for away, with the Merv making an appearance in the heritage round and Who Cares Cup. Just a thought... and merchandise would love it...

Happy Days
24-05-2009, 01:58 AM
After further consideration, I still like the Robodog more; gives us a calculating, swift, sleek, vicious look. The proud bulldog just makes us look loveable. What footy club wants to be loveable?

mighty_west
26-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Nothing like the vintage Dog, just have so much more charactor than the robotic yawning cat.

Quite like the mid 70's version myself.....used to have this as a cloth patch on the old duffel coat....:eek:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4221/ccf0218200900002copy8.jpg

The Pie Man
26-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Love the red shorts!!!

hujsh
02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Proud bulldogs looks ugly and messy.

Robodog is clean and efficient and uses ihis jaws of steel to ruthlessly tear his opponents apart.

Rocco Jones
18-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I never thought this day would come. A Proud Bulldog being friends with a Robot Bulldog. Perhaps it's time for me to forget my bitterness and embrace all Bulldogs, whether they be proud, robotic, fat cheeked or on roids.

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/woofer246a.JPG

Cyberdoggie
19-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Nothing like the vintage Dog, just have so much more charactor than the robotic yawning cat.

Quite like the mid 70's version myself.....used to have this as a cloth patch on the old duffel coat....:eek:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4221/ccf0218200900002copy8.jpg

I love this bulldog as well.

I have a slightly faded full length towel version of this emblem.
It's served me well for over 20 years now.

Would you call this bulldog the Roids bulldog?, or perhaps the Rabies Infested Bulldog.
The red eyes indicate he may be suffering from a zombie rage virus, or perhaps it's just conjunctivitis.

Cyberdoggie
19-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I never thought this day would come. A Proud Bulldog being friends with a Robot Bulldog. Perhaps it's time for me to forget my bitterness and embrace all Bulldogs, whether they be proud, robotic, fat cheeked or on roids.

I think this comparison picture shows you just how non life like and cold the Robot bulldog is compared to the Proud bulldog!
I have listed the following points as to why i believe this to be true.

point 1: Robot bulldog has blue-grey coloured skin, appears to look more like the fish creature in Hellboy than a Bulldog. Proud Bulldog has classic white and brown patches

2: Robot bulldog seems to have evolved into human form and no longer walks on all fours

3: Lack of Fur on RB

4: Are those eyes real? RB has a cold stare, and doesn't give you the impression he is man's best friend

5: RB has a robot white coloured tongue.

6: RB has what appears to be a moustache. Everyone knows that any cartoon character that has a moustache is pure evil.

7: RB has a thumb and I believe he was also about to raise two fingers behind Proud Bulldogs head.

I rest my case.

comrade
19-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Robot Bulldog also wears boots - Proud Bulldog enjoys the turf between his toes.

mighty_west
19-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I love this bulldog as well.

I have a slightly faded full length towel version of this emblem.
It's served me well for over 20 years now.

Would you call this bulldog the Roids bulldog?, or perhaps the Rabies Infested Bulldog.
The red eyes indicate he may be suffering from a zombie rage virus, or perhaps it's just conjunctivitis.

I'd prefer to think the red eyes is the affects of being on the piss all night, goes with the times as well, mid-late 70's!!!

I always imagined his right hand just about to give the one or two finger salute to his opposition as he runs with the ball in arm, i call him attitude Bulldog. :cool:

LostDoggy
21-06-2009, 04:26 PM
An excellent debate.

I strongly support Proud Bulldog, and believe one day he will return to liberate us from dodgy 90s marketing ponytail robot bulldog and all he connotes. That day is at hand.

Do Premier League clubs suffer from this sort of logo insecurity?

hujsh
21-06-2009, 04:35 PM

I'm not into that robot bulldog so much.

Rocco Jones
19-08-2009, 11:16 PM
:(:(:(:(

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25954396-2862,00.html

Western Bulldogs won't pay for unofficial mascot

Kelly Ryan

August 20, 2009 12:00am

BUTCH the Western Bulldogs' unofficial mascot is on the outer.

The hound is a favourite with fans and scored a YouTube hit after TV cameras caught him getting randy with Collingwood's magpie mascot.

But the bills are mounting and the Bulldogs won't throw Butch a bone.

The club has an official mascot in Woofer - a man in a dog suit - and is not prepared to pay for Butch to provide pre-game amusement.

Owner Steve Simonic says the costs include keeping Butch clean and well fed, travelling to the games, clipping his claws, special treats so he performs on game day and a studded collar that brings out the best of the British bulldog.

While the players earn on average about $230,000 each, Butch doesn't get a cent.

Mr Simonic said he could understand the club's decision not to fork out for his famous mutt.

"But surely they could find a sponsor willing to take up Butch's out-of-pocket expenses for every appearance," he said.

"Like a dog, it's all about loyalty.

"It's a shame because he loves the club and footy and certainly the kids especially love having him around."

Bulldogs fan David Porter said he would be disappointed if Butch disappeared.

"But Woofer is the official club mascot and I guess any money must go to him," Mr Porter said.

"But it's good to see Butch at the games and it was pretty funny when he attacked the magpie."

Mr Simonic believes 16-month-old Butch is a rising star who deserves recognition and reward.

"He was among the top three PETstock Make My Pet A Star winners in 2008," he said.

"I am sure there would be someone out there who would agree Butch has real potential and could be making real money on his own."

Mr Simonic said he was keen to take Butch to obedience training.

"He's covered by liability insurance and he's a 27kg dog playing with kids half his weight," he said.

"He's not a gentle dog but he is very peaceful and passive. What dog mixing socially with a lot of people wouldn't benefit from basic obedience training?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We should just buy our own Bulldog and keep him at Whitten Oval.

comrade
19-08-2009, 11:23 PM
First we can't pay Brian, and now Butch.

Rose and Smorgon need to get their priorities straight.

Sockeye Salmon
20-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I can't believe this guy wants cash for his dog.

Mate, he ain't Rin Tin Tin.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 09:00 AM
"He was among the top three PETstock Make My Pet A Star winners in 2008," he said.

Love how he talks him up like he's the best dog in the world..

If that guy knew better he would offer to do it ongoing free of charge, (im sure the club would chip in tickets for him) if he's a loyal Bulldogs fan he would know we don't have a lot of money? Or even a football fan in general would know that. Paying a dog to wander around pre-game is not high on our priorities

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Love how he talks him up like he's the best dog in the world..

If that guy knew better he would offer to do it ongoing free of charge, (im sure the club would chip in tickets for him) if he's a loyal Bulldogs fan he would know we don't have a lot of money? Or even a football fan in general would know that. Paying a dog to wander around pre-game is not high on our priorities

If I remember correctly I believe on one of his pre game interviews he is a Collingwood Supporter.

Mantis
20-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Owner Steve Simonic says the costs include keeping Butch clean and well fed, travelling to the games, clipping his claws, special treats so he performs on game day and a studded collar that brings out the best of the British bulldog.

What a joke!

Why should you get special treatment? Does the dog need to have a high carb feed before his appearances which put you out of pocket Steve?

I will throw him a sandwich and a party pie next time he walks past the box.

comrade
20-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I will throw him a sandwich and a party pie next time he walks past the box.

Just don’t throw a scone – they’re too good to waste.

Desipura
20-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I can't believe this guy wants cash for his dog.

Mate, he ain't Rin Tin Tin.
Thats brilliant! :D

The Coon Dog
13-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Speaking of logos, Adelaide have a new one. Not too sure what it looks like to me:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/images/crowslogo350.jpg

* The more I look at it, the more I think of Jurassic Park.

AndrewP6
13-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Speaking of logos, Adelaide have a new one. Not too sure what it looks like to me:

Not much chop, IMO.

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2009, 07:53 PM
They've taken Hawthorn's and painted it blue.

LostDoggy
13-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Robot Bulldog is a joke!!.......Bring back proud bulldog, I see they still sell merchandise with proud dog, Robot looks like my cat!!

LostDoggy
13-10-2009, 08:45 PM
The new Crows emblem looks bloody freaky. :eek:

I love Proud Bulldog first, then Robot Bulldog, then Merv Hughes Bulldog and coming in last on my list is the 70s Bulldog who is too, a bit too freaky for me. ;)

Doc26
13-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Hadn't come across this thread before. Hilarious read. Hadn't heard of the 'Merv' impression before TCD - just brilliant.

As it would seem I'm definitely an old schooler, so it's Proud in a big way. Still have a set of PVC place mats with the 70s Bulldog that now and again gets pulled out for special treats like Grand Finals :) and a steel desk bin with a transitional Proud on one side and 70s Dog on the other.

Apologies to those RoboDog fans but he's just not allowed in this house. Similar to what occured back in the 60s with the US public burning of anything relating to The Beatles I would like to bring on an uprising to purge RoboDog for good.

btw can remember back in the 70s (when I was a bub) Ampol bringing out a set of VFL stickers. Can recall that Bulldog being a different take on 70s Bulldog. I have it around somewhere, will dig it out and upload.

The Adelaide Connection
13-10-2009, 10:44 PM
So what do people think of the Centrals logo (Sanfl) that is on top of this forum page (in red)? I guess it is a more lifelike take on the modern robodog. Their guernsey would probably please a lot of those who like the more traditional model too.

The Coon Dog
13-10-2009, 11:31 PM
So what do people think of the Centrals logo (Sanfl) that is on top of this forum page (in red)? I guess it is a more lifelike take on the modern robodog. Their guernsey would probably please a lot of those who like the more traditional model too.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/files/_system/Image/club_logos/Centrals_logo.gif

Too robotic for me.

LostDoggy
13-10-2009, 11:40 PM
abstract bulldog isn't very menacing...

Doc26
13-10-2009, 11:44 PM

A slight step up from RoboDog but looks a bit of a Nuff

AndrewP6
14-10-2009, 12:25 AM

If Robodog is an issue for people, I don't see Centrals-Dog as much of an improvement.

Doc26
14-10-2009, 12:43 AM
A different take on 70s Bulldog from an Ampol VFL sticker series.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3299/ampol70sbulldogk.jpg

Sockeye Salmon
14-10-2009, 01:08 AM
A different take on 70s Bulldog from an Ampol VFL sticker series.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3299/ampol70sbulldogk.jpg

Stoned Bulldog?

The Coon Dog
14-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Canterbury Bankstown have released a new logo for 2010.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1320/logo1cat.jpg

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 01:53 PM

* The more I look at it, the more I think of Jurassic Park.

What the flip. That's terrible, looks like some bad comic book cover from the early 90s.

Doc26
14-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Don't mind that one. Not at all dissimilar to Proud. Remove the black, add some red to it and play with the year and I'd be content.

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Hadn't come across this thread before. Hilarious read. Hadn't heard of the 'Merv' impression before TCD - just brilliant.

As it would seem I'm definitely an old schooler, so it's Proud in a big way. Still have a set of PVC place mats with the 70s Bulldog that now and again gets pulled out for special treats like Grand Finals :) and a steel desk bin with a transitional Proud on one side and 70s Dog on the other.
Apologies to those RoboDog fans but he's just not allowed in this house. Similar to what occured back in the 60s with the US public burning of anything relating to The Beatles I would like to bring on an uprising to purge RoboDog for good.

btw can remember back in the 70s (when I was a bub) Ampol bringing out a set of VFL stickers. Can recall that Bulldog being a different take on 70s Bulldog. I have it around somewhere, will dig it out and upload.

I've got one of those too!! (Not in the greatest condition unfortunately) I always had Proud Bulldog facing outwards, 70s Bulldog always faced the wall. :D

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 03:28 PM

I like it!! :)

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Don't mind that one. Not at all dissimilar to Proud. Remove the black, add some red to it and play with the year and I'd be content.

You mean like this:

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=163&stc=1&d=1255497204

Doc26
14-10-2009, 05:26 PM
You mean like this:

Lantern, assuming we can get past Canterbury's hold on copyright you have my vote to head up Bulldog Marketing :) btw love the FFC reference. Ooh and Proud to still holds its own after all these years.

At the very least you've got one fine avatar there.

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Lantern, assuming we can get past Canterbury's hold on copyright you have my vote to head up Bulldog Marketing :) btw love the FFC reference. Ooh and Proud to still holds its own after all these years.

At the very least you've got one fine avatar there.

Haha -- all those late nights working on photoshop in architecture school had to come in handy someday, but like you said, most of the fine work is Canterbury's (although, if you know your copyright law, we're okay.. it only needs to be around 20% different to escape copyright. Andy Warhol built a whole career on that loophole.)

Cyberdoggie
14-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Haha -- all those late nights working on photoshop in architecture school had to come in handy someday, but like you said, most of the fine work is Canterbury's (although, if you know your copyright law, we're okay.. it only needs to be around 20% different to escape copyright. Andy Warhol built a whole career on that loophole.)

Is that for the whole emblem or the bulldog?

If the bulldog design is 100% canterbury's then that might be the problem.

Regardless i like it.
I would change the colours slightly in the background, and maybe make him look a little meaner and nastier, perhaps with a canine hanging out, or some saliva dripping from a jowl. ;)

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Is that for the whole emblem or the bulldog?

If the bulldog design is 100% canterbury's then that might be the problem.

Regardless i like it.
I would change the colours slightly in the background, and maybe make him look a little meaner and nastier, perhaps with a canine hanging out, or some saliva dripping from a jowl. ;)

Hey, but you're CYBER-doggie; shouldn't you be arguing for Robot Bulldog? *grin*

ps. you're right about the bulldog design. But hey, Andy Warhol didn't take the photograph of Marilyn Monroe now, did he.

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 06:35 PM
pps. Forgive the indulgence, but I just did a tiny bit more photoshopping and I like this effect. Reminds me of those iron-on patches of days gone by.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=164&stc=1&d=1255502028

Doc26
14-10-2009, 06:40 PM
pps. Forgive the indulgence, but I just did a tiny bit more photoshopping and I like this effect. Reminds me of those iron-on patches of days gone by.

Yeah nice. I have one of those Proud sew on patches at home you refer to and it is similar although with an all white background.

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 07:12 PM
You mean like this:

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=163&stc=1&d=1255497204

I think you've found our new emblem!!!!! :D

Doc26
14-10-2009, 08:45 PM

Bit like this one :D

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9537/70sbulldogssewon.jpg

Bulldog4life
14-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Gotta admit that I love a mean set of teeth...... on our Bulldog of course.:)

BulldogBelle
15-10-2009, 12:08 AM
I still think in front of our team photo for 2010, we need a big fat real life bulldog in the image- a real mascot

No other team can do that with their mascot except us

BulldogBelle
15-10-2009, 03:08 AM
I like the robot bulldog. Its brilliant. Who-ever designed it should be given life membership and put up there on a pedestal alongside Saint Irene.

Its there to intimidate the opposition isn't it? Its not meant to be nice and cute and cuddly.

Everybody is scared of a ferocious dog!

It should be slightly higher on the jumper so that it catches the opposition's eye a bit more. We have to make more use of it. Shove it in their face. Will it have any subconscious intimidating effect?

Its our fighting weapon. Our war dog! Look at the Bulldog's evil look and the big teeth. We are going to rip your bloody arms off! Like the war haka for the Maoris, the bagpipes for the British Army, warpaint for the Indians, bull-horn helms of the Vikings and the horns for Joshua.

At one stage we had the woof woof woof coming over the PA system when we got a goal. It must have sh!t off the opposition supporters too much as the AFL put a stop to it.

I have no objection to also having a cute one, that won't frighten the children.

Doc26
15-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I still think in front of our team photo for 2010, we need a big fat real life bulldog in the image- a real mascot

Not sure 'bout that our real life cat is pretty fat ;)

LostDoggy
15-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Not sure 'bout that our real life cat is pretty fat ;)

Yeah, so's ours -- got me thinking anyway, and Dog House's point doesn't hold water: with a quick call to the zoo you could easily have a lion, a tiger, an eagle, a cat, a hawk or a swan in a photo.

Heck, you could even make a call to the unions and get a docker to rock up, or even at a stretch, go to the museum and stand in front of a WW2 bomber plane!

The only ones that don't make sense are the abstract names like power and blue, or with uncooperative stupid animals like magpies, which is why they are such shit clubs.

Murphy'sLore
15-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Much as I admire Lantern's work, I feel the need to put in a good word for Robo-dog too. Clean, easy for the kids to trace over or even draw at home -- couldn't possibly draw Proud in a million years. Let's face it, real life bulldogs are just a bit slobbery, aren't they? Abstract it up, I say.

Murphy'sLore
15-10-2009, 11:32 AM
But not to the point of those stupid purely abstract names (power, glory, victory, spirit etc etc), she adds hastily.

Shudder.

bornadog
15-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Like this:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/bulldogteethphoto_ebnh.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/InTheKennell246x316a-1.jpg

bornadog
15-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Gotta admit that I love a mean set of teeth...... on our Bulldog of course.:)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/bulldog_big1.gif

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BDFOUNTAINE.jpg

bornadog
15-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Here is a blank one you can play with.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BDMARIN2.jpg

aker39
15-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Is that Gonzaga Uni?

Bulldog4life
15-10-2009, 02:19 PM

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BDFOUNTAINE.jpg

Thanks bornadog. Love them. The scarier looking bulldog emblem the better to me.

bornadog
15-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Like this:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/bulldogteethphoto_ebnh.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/InTheKennell246x316a-1.jpg

or this one

zflwJ4Tu-N0

Jasper
15-10-2009, 05:05 PM
The home of the great Utah Jazz PG John Stockton.
Also former Boomer John Rillie.........

bornadog
16-10-2009, 12:02 AM
some more

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BDFRESNO.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BDGSIJV.jpg

bornadog
16-10-2009, 12:06 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/istockphoto_5505578-bulldog-mascot.jpg

bornadog
16-10-2009, 12:06 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/istockphoto_8829550-bulldog-mascot-.jpg

bornadog
16-10-2009, 12:08 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/a122-bulldog-clipart.jpg

LongWait
16-10-2009, 07:32 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/a122-bulldog-clipart.jpg

I like something like this ... or my avatar.

The Coon Dog
23-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Must be that time of year, first Adelaide & now Brisbane.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,7089911,00.jpg

Former logo - New logo.

comrade
23-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Must be that time of year, first Adelaide & now Brisbane.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,7089911,00.jpg

Former logo - New logo.

The diehard Fitzroy supporters must be sick seeing their beloved 'classic' Lion getting the boot.

Rumour is that the jumper will be incorporating the new logo also.

It really is a 'new' Brisbane.

Doc26
23-10-2009, 11:55 AM
The diehard Fitzroy supporters must be sick seeing their beloved 'classic' Lion getting the boot.

In this case I do prefer the new to the old. Is cleaner and has a harder edge.

comrade
23-10-2009, 12:22 PM
In this case I do prefer the new to the old. Is cleaner and has a harder edge.

Did they really have to sell their soul to achieve a ‘cleaner, harder edge’? The GM has also spouted marketing-speak about the new lion looking front on to intimidate the opposition.

What drivel!

Doc26
23-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Did they really have to sell their soul to achieve a ‘cleaner, harder edge’? The GM has also spouted marketing-speak about the new lion looking front on to intimidate the opposition.

What drivel!

I'd suggest that the old Roy Boys soul was somewhat sold the moment they became Brisbane and not Fitzroy. With that said I'd hate for them to ever not be the 'Lions' or even lose their colours but sharpening up their emblem is OK by me. Then again I'm not an old Lion so is easy for me to say. From where I sit it's a far better remodel than the way we destroyed old Proud Bulldog.

comrade
23-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I'd suggest that the old Roy Boys soul was somewhat sold the moment they became Brisbane and not Fitzroy. With that said I'd hate for them to ever not be the 'Lions' or even lose their colours but sharpening up their emblem is OK by me. Then again I'm not an old Lion so is easy for me to say. From where I sit it's a far better remodel than the way we destroyed old Proud Bulldog.

You may have a point there, but I'm under the impression that part of the merger agreement was that the classic Fitzroy Lion was to forever be the primary logo and representation of the new club. If the logo changes, along with the jumper, then they’ve broken the terms of the merger.

LostDoggy
23-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Its good to see Brisbane ditch that hideous 80s West Coast Cooler style font, but the new lion looks a bit Narnia to me...I wonder if they will update their guernseys too?

LostDoggy
25-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Proud Bulldog vs Robot Bulldog

I smell a t-shirt brewing....

I'm up for 1 medium, 1 large and 2 extra large!!
The .Proud Bulldog for President!

The Pie Man
25-10-2009, 09:51 AM

Really? That will look hideous

The boffins at clubs get things horendously wrong at times - logo's are about the only thing Geelong have done wrong in recent years.

The Coon Dog
25-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Which appeal to you & which don't?

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/ddd.jpg

Top 3:
1. St.Kilda
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton

Bottom 3:
1. Essendon
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide

hujsh
25-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Adelaide, Brisbane, Cats and the Roos all look pretty crap to me.

Rocco Jones
25-10-2009, 02:19 PM
The 'fc' part of Melbourne's logo reminds me of when my Grade 1/2 students run out of space in a line and try to cram in the final couple of letters of a word.

GVGjr
25-10-2009, 04:17 PM

Top 3:
1. St.Kilda
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton

Bottom 3:
1. Essendon
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide

My Top 3:
1 - North Melboune
2 - Collingwood (The should get rid of the Australian Flag though)
3 - Hawthorn

Bottom 3:
1 - Adelaide
2 - Carlton
3 - Melbourne

AndrewP6
25-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Its good to see Brisbane ditch that hideous 80s West Coast Cooler style font, but the new lion looks a bit Narnia to me...I wonder if they will update their guernseys too?

Yes, it's Aslan!!!!!He's even more famous now! :)

AndrewP6
25-10-2009, 09:25 PM

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/ddd.jpg

Top 3
3. Tiges
2. Bombers
1. Dogs

Bottom 3
3. Crows
2. Aslans (sorry, Lions!)
1. Hawks (doesn't matter what the design is, nothing is gonna work with brown and yellow!)

I could pick something to dislike for most logos... Carlton's looks too "corporate"... Port's could have been done by one of my Grade Fours(much like their new guernsey was!), Norf's is a bit weak. Melbourne's looks like an envelope, etc etc.

The Pie Man
25-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Top 3 (and this hurts)

1. Collingwood
2. Carlton (more the CFC emblem)
3. St Kilda (though watching the 97 replay pre GF this year, can't believe they wore the jumper that looked like that logo in the game)

Bottom 3

1. Brisbane's new one
2. Geelong
3. Adelaide's new one

LostDoggy
25-10-2009, 09:49 PM

I too grew with the Proud Bulldog as the logo I knew,
Always been my favourite as we've had a few.
But I state right here and do so real loud,
I think not no Robot could match being Proud!

LostDoggy
26-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Dare I say it....... I like the Collingwood one, purely for tradition, and I only just noticed the Australian flag in it. (Can't say I spend much time looking at the Collingwood emblem!!) ;)

I like Richmond and Hawthorn's too. And ours of course, but prefer Proud Bulldog. :)

LostDoggy
26-10-2009, 07:50 PM
On SEN this arvo they were trying to get Brisbane to spill the beans about whether their new "aslan" lion will be featured on their guernsey. The club could not (would not) confirm or deny, but invited their members to email with their thoughts about the new design.

Sounds like there might be a guernsey even uglier than Freo's next year!

As far as good design goes here are my tips...
1. Saints
2. Power
3. Hawks

As a football fan I like the oldschool designs the best though (proud bulldog all the way)

Doc26
26-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Top 4:

Collingwood
St Kilda
Carlton
Fremantle

Bottom 4:
Sydney (removing the opera house would help)
Geelong
West Coast
Western Bulldogs (that robot dog shark is childish and outdated if ever in vogue)

mighty_west
05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
A proud Bulldog supporter [not me] with a proud Bulldog for life.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6489/14245173329446738557661.jpg

comrade
05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
A proud Bulldog supporter [not me] with a proud Bulldog for life.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6489/14245173329446738557661.jpg

Pretty much the exact tattoo I want - but hopefully a 'Premiers 2010' insignia included.

mighty_west
05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Pretty much the exact tattoo I want - but hopefully a 'Premiers 2010' insignia included.

I suggested that, he got it done last night, perhaps a scroll down the bottom of it could be added at the end of next season!

Here is my quick mock up i did, just to give an idea od what it would look like with the wording underneath.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8417/proud.png

AndrewP6
07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Seen the Crows new white strip? Not that flash, IMO. Anyone who thinks ours is no good should take a look at this:

https://console.clubsonline.com.au/shopproducts/images/main/2010awayguernsey1.jpg

The Coon Dog
13-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Here are the new home & away Brisbane jumpers for 2010.

http://www.lions.com.au/portals/0/images_brisbane_lions/newsletter/091113_Image02.jpg http://www.lions.com.au/portals/0/images_brisbane_lions/newsletter/091113_Image03.jpg

mighty_west
13-11-2009, 08:18 PM

http://www.lions.com.au/portals/0/images_brisbane_lions/newsletter/091113_Image02.jpg http://www.lions.com.au/portals/0/images_brisbane_lions/newsletter/091113_Image03.jpg

I actually don't mind those, so much better than the Crows thing, and the logo is better than our very own robotic yawning cat.

Sockeye Salmon
13-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I actually don't mind those, so much better than the Crows thing, and the logo is better than our very own robotic yawning cat.

I saw Jon Brown modelling it on tonights news. It looks much worse on than it does in pictures.

Rocco Jones
13-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I saw Jon Brown modelling it on tonights news. It looks much worse on than it does in pictures.

Totally agree.

AndrewP6
13-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Not that bad, IMO... Aslan doesn't look as weird with a body!

Rocco Jones
13-11-2009, 10:52 PM
This thread was once about fighting the good fight that was bringing back the Proud Bulldog. Now it's about Aslan and a hand puppet. For shame.

The Coon Dog
26-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Some Bulldog's Logos in use elsewhere:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/31/661/full/vjho0tc8yqy0sawkwvoax3d02.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/34/824/full/2607.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/32/731/full/r0hn0h8jld48ofnxfqmje7ut1.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/35/908/full/grgrh403zd5dsea6dgixa8g8u.gif

Source (http://sportslogos.net/search.php?domains=www.sportslogos.net&client=pub-0374928452822646&forid=1&channel=0724092178&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23990000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23000099%3BVLC%3A6600 00%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3A336699%3BALC%3A0000 66%3BLC%3A000066%3BT%3A000000%3BGFNT%3A999999%3BGIMP%3A99999 9%3BFORID%3A11&hl=en&q=bulldog&sitesearch=www.sportslogos.net&sa=Search)

The Coon Dog
26-01-2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/2/500/full/2147.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/20/1186/full/5656.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/32/755/full/frlpbubmr6lgojc2h1k7fqb3x.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/31/687/full/9h26cfefzajhvverhuob.gif

LostDoggy
26-01-2010, 11:16 AM
If I could get my hands on a skin tight retro Bulldogs tracksuit top I'd die a happy man! I like the old and the new logo but maybe it's time to change it up a bit?

BulldogBelle
26-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I have no objection to the Proud Bulldog for weakies and little kids who may get frightened.

You wouldn't want the players wearing it on their jumpers. The opposition players would probably come over and give them a pat. Nice doggie.

The Proud Bulldog is nice. Niceness doesn't win premierships.

Don't fall into the trap by going back into irrelevant nostalgia.

The Proud Bulldog has its place - in History!

LostDoggy
26-01-2010, 01:37 PM
...You wouldn't want the players wearing it on their jumpers. The opposition players would probably come over and give them a pat. Nice doggie....

I don't want the players wearing any sort of a bulldog on their jumpers.

KT31
27-01-2010, 01:42 AM
I have no objection to the Proud Bulldog for weakies and little kids who may get frightened.

You wouldn't want the players wearing it on their jumpers. The opposition players would probably come over and give them a pat. Nice doggie.

The Proud Bulldog is nice. Niceness doesn't win premierships.

Don't fall into the trap by going back into irrelevant nostalgia.

The Proud Bulldog has its place - in History!

The team that won the last flag has a kitten on their jumper.

Jumpers dont win premierships the heart of the players under it does !!

BulldogBelle
27-01-2010, 03:02 AM
The team that won the last flag has a kitten on their jumper.

They have tried their best to make their cat (kitten?) look evil. Not like say a friendly fat cat, like say the wussy-looking "Proud Bulldog".

Get with it man!

Pembleton
28-01-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't want the players wearing any sort of a bulldog on their jumpers.

+1. The jumper isn't a place for pictures of things. Bold colours in simple designs ftw!

For the emblem, proud bulldog > crap looking thing that we have now.

Rocco Jones
28-01-2010, 05:46 PM
+1. The jumper isn't a place for pictures of things. Bold colours in simple designs ftw!

For the emblem, proud bulldog > crap looking thing that we have now.

Yep. As I said on the jumper thread- If a nan can't knit it, it's no good.

The best jumpers for me are unique while still remaining simple. If you are not able to do both, settle for simple.

Pembleton
28-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Yep. As I said on the jumper thread- If a nan can't knit it, it's no good.

The best jumpers for me are unique while still remaining simple. If you are not able to do both, settle for simple.

My mum knitted the current jumper without any trouble, so i don't like that as a test.

Rocco Jones
28-01-2010, 06:01 PM
My mum knitted the current jumper without any trouble, so i don't like that as a test.

Until you have kids, the test is valid.

Pembleton
28-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Until you have kids, the test is valid.

hahaha, plenty of little cousins have already put the evidence on display to the public.

Rocco Jones
28-01-2010, 06:18 PM
hahaha, plenty of little cousins have already put the evidence on display to the public.

Still not a nan! I stick to my words, even though nans are probably greater knitters than mums and aunts.

Pembleton
28-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Still not a nan! I stick to my words, even though nans are probably greater knitters than mums and aunts.

oh, i see your angle now...

Rocco Jones
28-01-2010, 09:39 PM
oh, i see your angle now...

Yep. I like how this little convo has inflated the thread's reply count. I recently discovered I can view the all-time top replied to threads by clicking on replies. Very disappointed to see that only two of my creations are in the top two pages.

LostDoggy
28-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't care what the mascot looks like. as long as it can stand up at the end of this year and hold a Premiership cup along side the Boys. I've cried too many times.:(:mad::(:mad:

LostDoggy
28-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't care what the mascot looks like. as long as it can stand up at the end of this year and hold a Premiership cup along side the Boys. I've cried too many times.:(:mad::(:mad:

And way too damn early in the year in those times!

The Coon Dog
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Remember these Rocco?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk207/boxy_09/mascots.gif

hujsh
09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't remember what I own that has it (might be a towel) but I see that Bulldog picture all the time

Rocco Jones
09-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Do I ever! Great work TCD.

I remember being dazzled as a young boy by those mascots coming on the screen and dancing to celebrate whenever their club won a game.

AndrewP6
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Remember these Rocco?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk207/boxy_09/mascots.gif

Hey, I remember those too! Duffle coats with numbers on the back, badges on the front... ah , good times.

Cyberdoggie
10-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Do I ever! Great work TCD.

I remember being dazzled as a young boy by those mascots coming on the screen and dancing to celebrate whenever their club won a game.

Yes i'm a fan of the brown muscle bulldog as well.

Also take a look at the Saint in the picture, he looks like a drunk that is in the midst of falling over.

azabob
01-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Mark Stevens via Twitter agrees with you Rocco and so fo I,

Rocco Jones
01-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Mark Stevens via Twitter agrees with you Rocco and so fo I,

That's inspired me to start up a Bring back the Proud Bulldog facebook group. Just search for it and join the revolution.