I dont know what to say.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21495454-11088,00.html

Sockeye Salmon
03-04-2007, 03:26 PM
I dont know what to say.

Here's a word for you - ****!

Twodogs
03-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd even let fly with &*^% &^^^ @#$!$#@ &^&%&$$#@&* &^^$@#$@ )((*%$#@ *&** *(*@#$!$#@ &^&%&$$#@&* &^^

(*&#!!!!!

Topdog
03-04-2007, 05:50 PM
That is horrible news. I really hope that I get to see the great man in action again.

alwaysadog
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
It's a blow, but the ten weeks is a max guestimate. Other sources say closer to 8. Still he doesn't need it.

He'll be back in time to find fitness and form for the finals. Not exactly a silver lining but if we look for a positive, it won't be bad having him fresh when others are starting to struggle.

I've just put up a blog in appreciation of all Chris has done for us. Follow the link Our Humble Champion (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=497)

LostDoggy
03-04-2007, 08:48 PM
When I heard about this my first thought was it must be a pretty painful condition for Chris Grant to submit to surgery now rather than later. He's one tough cookie. Disappointing he'll be out for a few weeks, but obviously a sensible decision. I read somewhere else today that surgery now rather than later is better for his long term health and well being.

BulldogBelle
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Distraught! That describes how I feel, a Hawks supporter at work had great delight in telling me the news this morning. :rolleyes:

For the betterment of Chris's health is all that matters, and the great warrior will be back in the second half of the season to do battle again.

alwaysadog
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Distraught! That describes how I feel, a Hawks supporter at work had great delight in telling me the news this morning. :rolleyes:

For the betterment of Chris's health is all that matters, and the great warrior will be back in the second half of the season to do battle again.

Love your posts BB, you've got a great heart and I bet you bleed red, white and blue. All those who care fro Chris wish him well, but know adversity is no barrier.
An absolute champion.

BulldogBelle
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Love your posts BB, you've got a great heart and I bet you bleed red, white and blue. All those who care fro Chris wish him well, but know adversity is no barrier. An absolute champion.

Thanks aad, you are not to shabby yourself! :) When it comes to Grant, I bow to the great man and want him to be at his best when he returns hopefully to lead the finals onslaught. This more likely than not being his last year, he is trying to get himself in the best possible shape. He really is a something special, he could have played on, but to be at his best he chose to do this elective surgery. As you said, an absolute champion.

alwaysadog
03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks aad, you are not to shabby yourself! :) When it comes to Grant, I bow to the great man and want him to be at his best when he returns hopefully to lead the finals onslaught. This more likely than not being his last year, he is trying to get himself in the best possible shape. He really is a something special, he could have played on, but to be at his best he chose to do this elective surgery. As you said, an absolute champion.

Wouldn't it be a fitting farewell for him to play his last game in a grand final.

BulldogBelle
03-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Wouldn't it be a fitting farewell for him to play his last game in a grand final.

Yes, instead of bringing one box of tissues to his last game, if that happened I would have to bring a truckload of kleenex. Will be a very emotional day and I hope like hell the players do their utmost to deliver the dream to Chris Grant. Fingers crossed!

alwaysadog
03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes, instead of bringing one box of tissues to his last game, if that happened I would have to bring a truckload of kleenex. Will be a very emotional day and I hope like hell the players do their utmost to deliver the dream to Chris Grant. Fingers crossed!

Strangely enough while I'm usually fairly pesimistic about our chances if we made a GF I'd be fairly bullish about Eade's capacity to get us up and over the line.
Now that's something to look forward to!