HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Dale Morris
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Josh Hill, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Shaun Higgins, Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Picken, Callan Ward
Emg: Brennan Stack, Stephen Tiller, Wayde Skipper

In: Callan, Higgins, Ward
Out: Robert Murphy (hamstring), Andrejs Everitt (foot), Dylan Addison (knee)

AFL Website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/77307/default.aspx)

Happy Days
21-05-2009, 06:05 PM
About what I expected. Callan & Higgins were a must, but I would have liked to see Tiller come in over Ward, purely on the like-for-like basis.

Exciting to see Stack on the emergancies, hopefully he's not far off. Fair enough not to debut him in such a big game, but who knows? ;)

Go_Dogs
21-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd be pretty surprised if Tiller still didn't come in as I feel we're one tall short. Is Higgins on the interchange perhaps a sign ? I guess we'll know tomorrow.

Good to see Higgins back from injury and Callan getting his first chance to impress for the year.

Happy Days
21-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Geelong
B: Andrew Mackie, Matthew Scarlett, David Johnson
HB: Joel Corey, Tom Harley, Harry Taylor
C: Jimmy Bartel, Corey Enright, David Wojcinski
HF: James Kelly, Max Rooke, Gary Ablett
F: Paul Chapman, Tom Hawkins, Steve Johnson
Foll: Mark Blake, Cameron Ling, Joel Selwood
I/C: Shane Mumford, Mathew Stokes, Travis Varcoe, Ryan Gamble
Emg: Tom Lonergan, Simon Hogan, Nathan Djerrkura

In: Ablett, Chapman, Gamble, D. Johnson
Out: Shannon Byrnes (hamstring), Cameron Mooney (susp), Darren Milburn (ankle), Tom Lonergan

Go_Dogs
21-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd be pretty surprised if Tiller still didn't come in as I feel we're one tall short.

Well...Maybe not looking at the Geelong side.

Happy Days
21-05-2009, 06:27 PM
So much for Tiller coming in, their forward line's lookign a little bit mosquito fleet-ish.

EDIT: Sorry Griffen#16, looks like you just beat me in :)

Go_Dogs
21-05-2009, 06:28 PM
So much for Tiller coming in, their forward line's lookign a little bit mosquito fleet-ish.

Must have learnt a thing or two off that other side with no tall forward...whoever they are.

The Pie Man
21-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Sockeye's call of Lonergan either going forward or to the VFL on another thread is spot on. I'm surprised he hasn't gone forward - so which if Lake or Williams takes Hawkins? I'd rather see Williams take him and Lake either play loosish (as in 3rd man up, attacking defender type of thing) in defence or go forward.

bulldogtragic
21-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Sockeye's call of Lonergan either going forward or to the VFL on another thread is spot on. I'm surprised he hasn't gone forward - so which if Lake or Williams takes Hawkins? I'd rather see Williams take him and Lake either play loosish (as in 3rd man up, attacking defender type of thing) in defence or go forward.
Surely Gaz and Chappy need the extra week, afterall, it's a long season.

The Adelaide Connection
21-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Gee Gamble is a fairly handy in. I rate him and am suprised there has been no suggestion at potential Gold Coast dollars flying at him. You would have to say if he doesn't start getting some serious game time someone will come knocking.

LostDoggy
21-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Good to see Stack being listed as an emergency. Can anyone give some insight into what type of player he is? I've never seen him play.

comrade
21-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Good to see Stack being listed as an emergency. Can anyone give some insight into what type of player he is? I've never seen him play.

Stack is a flashy flanker who can take a strong contested mark. He is a good size, is pretty quick, definitely has some good evasive tricks and can perform the sublime and the silly within minutes of each other.

At this stage he fades in and out of games, which would either mean his fitness or work rate is an issue he needs to work at.

A definite talent who needs to put together a string of solid games. He'd be a handy inclusion for the Bulldogs at some stage, purely to inject some much needed pace into the side.

Mitcha
21-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Higgins if fit is a walk up start, Callan and Ward are back in because their attack on the ball is unquestioned, a necessity against Geelong. Can't see Stack playing first up against the juggernaut from Geelong. I too think that another tall would be a good option to allow us more flexibilty either forward or back. Also struggling to find a match up for Harbrow down back. He's been good recently but I cant see him playing on a Chapman or similar. The call on Gamble in an earlier post is a bit generous, he doesn't win a lot of his own ball preferring to hang out and get a lot of uncontested footy, overated but unfortunately the type that comes out and can hurt us.

Mantis
21-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Higgins if fit is a walk up start, Callan and Ward are back in because their attack on the ball is unquestioned, a necessity against Geelong. Can't see Stack playing first up against the juggernaut from Geelong. I too think that another tall would be a good option to allow us more flexibilty either forward or back. Also struggling to find a match up for Harbrow down back. He's been good recently but I cant see him playing on a Chapman or similar. The call on Gamble in an earlier post is a bit generous, he doesn't win a lot of his own ball preferring to hang out and get a lot of uncontested footy, overated but unfortunately the type that comes out and can hurt us.

Stokes?

Mitcha
21-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Stokes?
Stokes would be too quick and smart for Harbrow I would think.

Mantis
21-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Stokes would be too quick and smart for Harbrow I would think.

Stokes would be no quicker than Betts whom Harbrow did pretty well on and no smarter than Milne who was nullified by Harbrow.

I think it's a match-up that will eventuate, unless of course Harbrow is shifted up forward.

The Adelaide Connection
21-05-2009, 10:53 PM
The call on Gamble in an earlier post is a bit generous, he doesn't win a lot of his own ball preferring to hang out and get a lot of uncontested footy, overated but unfortunately the type that comes out and can hurt us.

I am not saying the bloke is Ablett, in fact I don't think he is in their best 22. But I think he is a bit of a Farren Ray, in another team he will be a walk up start and there is only so long he will sit on the outer getting a game here or there before an offer will be too good to refuse.

God I hope he doesn't hurt us on the weekend. :(