PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Motlop on AFL Teams on Fox Sports

LostDoggy
22-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Didn't know where else to post this, but I had to share it.

For those who didn't see:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video/0,,AFL%20News_6305,00.html

I'm hoping this was not doctored in anyway - because these would be a great way for players to "advertise" themselves for Super coach duties...kind of like how NFL players do in the USA.

Unbelievable stuff.

comrade
22-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I think it took a number of takes to get it right but I’m certain it wasn’t doctored like the NFL clips.

Motlop is a freak show but he’s still not good enough to conquer Dale Morris.

Scraggers
22-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Freakish goals ... pretty to watch though

Topdog
22-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I saw that last night aswell, unbelievable stuff esp. the first one.

LostDoggy
22-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I think it took a number of takes to get it right but I’m certain it wasn’t doctored like the NFL clips.

Motlop is a freak show but he’s still not good enough to conquer Dale Morris.

No one conquer's the human glove. :D

LostDoggy
22-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Stevie Johnson would beg to differ - but I hope that was only a once off!

LostDoggy
29-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Stevie Johnson would beg to differ - but I hope that was only a once off!

There's been a few comments floating around that Johnson 'towelled' up Morris, but I just didn't see it that way at all. Apart from the two times Johnson clearly outmarked Morris, there wasn't a whole lot wrong with Dale's game. Johnson had a pretty average night by his standards, despite kicking 5 goals (2 gifted by the ump).. a quiet 5 goals, if that's possible (well, Buddy kicked 5 on Williams last year but it certainly wasn't a great game by Franklin).

I think Johnson was kept to below half his usual output possession wise, but he's just such a clever player he just found an avenue to make an impact by kicking a few goals.

boydogs
30-05-2009, 12:21 AM
There's been a few comments floating around that Johnson 'towelled' up Morris, but I just didn't see it that way at all. Apart from the two times Johnson clearly outmarked Morris, there wasn't a whole lot wrong with Dale's game. Johnson had a pretty average night by his standards, despite kicking 5 goals (2 gifted by the ump).. a quiet 5 goals, if that's possible (well, Buddy kicked 5 on Williams last year but it certainly wasn't a great game by Franklin).

I think Johnson was kept to below half his usual output possession wise, but he's just such a clever player he just found an avenue to make an impact by kicking a few goals.

A few on here have commented it was not the right matchup, but with Hargrave out of the side was probably the best option. Geelong did well with this in isolating the mismatch, and so probably fared better with Mooney out than we did without Hargrave.

I think Eade will be getting desperate for Williams or Lake to show something up forward, because not only could we do with some contested marks up there, we are flush with tall defenders which is causing mismatches against some sides. Tiller forward and Everitt to the wing should also be looked at seriously as both are arguably in our best 22 but I can't remember when they last played in the same side together

ratsmac
30-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Motlop is a freak. I would like to see Williams up forward. He would at least have to have a tall defender on him which might allow Mitch Hahn to play on someone his own size. Minson is ok too, sometimes, but not as good as Williams at ground level. I think it would be worth a try at some point.

The Underdog
30-05-2009, 10:38 AM
That flip kick is incredible as is the snap from the terraces. If only he were a consistent footballer. He got ripped off for goal of the year whenLloyd won it a few years ago. He kicked a banana from 50 against Brisbane on the run that was unbelievable.

mighty_west
30-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I have seen the footage a few times on tv, and it's just amazing, the freakish skills he does have...

BUT

How does he go under pressure after the siren with the ball 30 metres out STRAIGHT IN FRONT?