PDA

View Full Version : Should Welsh have had a shot?

Happy Days
23-05-2009, 12:41 PM
He was about 55 out, and he can make that distance. Instead he gave off a terrible pass that may or may not have gone the 15.

Just a though.

LostDoggy
23-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I think Aker got man handled like i have never seen before by Johnson.

The Coon Dog
23-05-2009, 12:55 PM
No, thought the pass to Aker was the right option.

You could ask that question to a number of scenarios throughout the night that resulted in a outcome other than that that was intended.

SonofScray
23-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Any other forward, at any other time in any other game would have drawn the free in that instance. Dogs v Geelong in the dying stages, play on.

Yes, Welsh should have had a shot, because we rarely got a fair go all night and should have taken that issue out of the equation.

AndrewP6
23-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Thought it wasn't a bad decision. Would've had to roost it, AND ignore Aker... risky call :)

LostDoggy
23-05-2009, 01:08 PM
And how good were Welsh's stab passes to Aker in the third? Has really developed his all-round game since he's come over to the Dogs. Really, really smart player too. We look a lot better when Scott's out there.

angelopetraglia
23-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Yes. I thought he should have gone long for goal.

There was no one home ... at worst it would have been in space with players running back onto the ball and with Geelong not allowed to rush a behind anything could have happened.

He could have afforded the ball to bounce in the square and go through.

Aker had about five hanging off him, the pass needed to be millimeter perfect and always had a high chance of failure.

bornadog
23-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Did you see how much the man on the mark crept over which made the distance look worse than it could have been and then putting doubt in Welsh's mind about making the distance.

The pass to Aker was high but his opponent fell on his back, no free kick?

LostDoggy
23-05-2009, 01:42 PM
No, thought the pass to Aker was the right option.

You could ask that question to a number of scenarios throughout the night that resulted in a outcome other than that that was intended.

Spot on it should have been a free to Aker Johnson the footballer in league was holding him the whole time

Desipura
23-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Spot on it should have been a free to Aker Johnson the footballer in league was holding him the whole time
Who's Aker Johnson? Are they one player? The footballer in league?

AndrewP6
23-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Who's Aker Johnson? Are they one player? The footballer in league?

:D:D:D I didn't understand this one either... thought I might have missed a joke, and just didn't want to appear uninformed.

Scraggers
24-05-2009, 12:22 AM

It's time to cut back on the coffee intake ;)

Sedat
24-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Was the right option but the kick hung a little too high in the air and showed too much of it to the defender.

Bulldog Revolution
24-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Welsh's ability to spot up people was super on Friday. Out of range, made the right decision.

LostDoggy
25-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry I was tired I meant it should have been a free to Aker because David Johnson (WORST AFL PLAYER GOING AROUND) was holding him. Sorry again guys