PDA

View Full Version : Round 10 Ins and Outs Vs Sydney

Rance Fan
23-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Any changes needed? There may be a few injured players on the list. Maybe a few sore and tired players from the Geelong match.

Hopefully Williams, Aka and Higgins are all fine. Any other possible injuries known?
Hargraves, Everitt where are they at?

In - Okeefe
Out - Higgins

LostDoggy
23-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Out: Callan
In: Hargrave

GVGjr
23-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Any changes needed? There may be a few injured players on the list. Maybe a few sore and tired players from the Geelong match.

Hopefully Williams, Aka and Higgins are all fine. Any other possible injuries known?
Hargraves, Everitt where are they at?

In - Okeefe
Out - Higgins

I'm surprised with your ins and outs. O'Keefe didn't go that well today and might not have the form to push for a senior spot and I wouldn't be looking to drop or rest Higgins. Stack named as an emergency for Friday night didn't even play for Williamstown today.

Mofra
23-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't be looking to drop or rest Higgins.
I though Higgins looked like he played under some serious duress as the game wore on. I'd expecting him to be out or be strongly hampered. In any case, he has to be a chance to be rested.

Reid looked good for Willy I though, but not sure about his form in the weeks leading up to today.

GVGjr
23-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Reid looked good for Willy I though, but not sure about his form in the weeks leading up to today.

He's been a solid performer for most of the recent games.

Mofra
23-05-2009, 07:08 PM
He's been a solid performer for most of the recent games.
Good to hear. Given the Swans style of play and Reid's strength over the ball he would at leats be considered for a senior call up I'd expect.

LostDoggy
23-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Shaggy might not even be ready yet

Gilbee is in doubt if anyone..

If he has to miss a week you'd hope Shaggy comes back

boydogs
23-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I though Higgins looked like he played under some serious duress as the game wore on. I'd expecting him to be out or be strongly hampered. In any case, he has to be a chance to be rested.

Anyone know more about how Higgins pulled up? Hope its not OP

bulldog
23-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I think Shaggy is going to be another week possibly Tiller as he played really well against Swans last year As a Forward and Defender someone will be stiff but can I ask why to people want Tim Callan out really think he makes us look stronger in defence

AndrewP6
23-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Will wait for injury reports etc.. but think Gilbee might miss... hope not... Tiller could be a good in... I like Tim Callan, hope he gets another go.

LostDoggy
23-05-2009, 10:39 PM
John Ralph at half-time in the game tonight said that Higgins will be out for 4-6 weeks, or could be longer if it is OP. Didn't he play out the game last night? I hope he can get up and overcome this!

Gilbee is also in quite a lot of trouble too.

AndrewP6
23-05-2009, 10:53 PM
John Ralph at half-time in the game tonight said that Higgins will be out for 4-6 weeks, or could be longer if it is OP. Didn't he play out the game last night? I hope he can get up and overcome this!

Jeeeeeeeez... we can't take a trick at the moment... I hope this is another case of "accurate journalism"...

boydogs
24-05-2009, 01:39 AM

Gilbee is also in quite a lot of trouble too.

I swear they both played the game out. Link below shows they racked up dream team points in every quarter

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/game/byquarter.php?id=3265

Found this on Gilbee on the club site - scans tomorrow

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/77426/default.aspx

Rocket Science
24-05-2009, 02:41 AM

I understand someone has to make room for Hargrave if fit...but what's the argument for dumping Callan after one solid game?

He's finally back and makes our defence that much more resolute.

LostDoggy
24-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I understand someone has to make room for Hargrave if fit...but what's the argument for dumping Callan after one solid game?

He's finally back and makes our defence that much more resolute.

Thought he struggled on Friday, and made so big errors late on that cost us.

Topdog
24-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Thought he struggled on Friday, and made so big errors late on that cost us.

He did make some big errors but I'd rather he be given at least 2 weeks in the senior side.

Stefcep
24-05-2009, 11:57 AM
higgins is the real worry here. i was glad that he played against geelong but will it end up costing him more time off? Maybe he should have been rested, he didn't look 100% all game on Friday.

DOG GOD
24-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Id be suprised if missy got up to play...it looks like O.P to me. Gilbee could be out for awhile too.

LostDoggy
24-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Peter Larkin just said on Channel 9, that Gilbee should be right to play.

Scorlibo
24-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Out: Higgins
In: Reid

Remi Moses
24-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Out Higgins
In O'keefe

Mantis
24-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Mark Stevens (the Herald Sun journo) said today on the radio that he had spoken to someone within the club and was told that Higgins will play this week.

Scorlibo
24-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Mark Stevens (the Herald Sun journo) said today on the radio that he had spoken to someone within the club and was told that Higgins will play this week.

I'm not sure whether or not to be pleased about that. He's important and it would be disappointing for him to miss 4-6 weeks but if it will truly get rid of the injury then it would be better to habe a full strength Missy for the run home and September.

LostDoggy
24-05-2009, 10:02 PM
I doubt O'Keefe will come in. From what I saw on Saturday at Williamstown he is a long way from Seniors. Scott West got 30+ possession late year at Williamstown on a bung knee by hardly moving out of the centre square. O'Keefe does the same. There is no room for small guys that don't run in our side.

ralphsclimbing
24-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Looks like Higgo will miss. If he doesnt miss it might be shortsighted....we need him at the pointy end of the season. I heard Gilbs might have a cracked bone in his leg. Tim Callan should be given a couple more weeks to adjust. He was one of our more solid players and gave us toughness in his first 8 weeks last year....before his hammy

Bulldog Revolution
24-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Looks like Higgo will miss. If he doesnt miss it might be shortsighted....we need him at the pointy end of the season. I heard Gilbs might have a cracked bone in his leg. Tim Callan should be given a couple more weeks to adjust. He was one of our more solid players and gave us toughness in his first 8 weeks last year....before his hammy

I agree RC

Callan looked like he'll need a few more weeks to get up to speed.

Clearly caution should be taken with Higgins - and we'd have to assume it will be

Against the Swans Reids clearance skills might be useful

LostDoggy
25-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Out: Higgins, Gilbee
In: Reid, Tiller

Injury list: Murphy; Hargrave; Higgins; Gilbee (all first choice players); Everitt; Addison
With Hargrave / Gilbee out of the backline - it looks pretty shaky!

B: Callan / Lake / Morris
HB: Harbrow / Williams / Picken
C: Ward / Boyd / Cross
HF: Akermanis / Hahn / Giansiracusa
F: Johnson / Minson / Welsh

R: Hudson / Griffen / Cooney

Int: Tiller / Reid / Eagleton / Hill

Emg: Skipper / OKeefe / Wood

becmatty
25-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Gilbee is fine.

OUT: Higgins
IN: Hargreave

boydogs
27-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Outs
Callan - needs to work on keeping his feet, and we need more height this week
Higgins - Injured

Ins
Everitt - A few mid to tall athletic Sydney forwards he could take that Addison/Callan would struggle against - O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, Goodes
Grant - Need someone to step in for the injured Higgins and Murphy, he is due for another run if Rocket's call on playing him in 10+ games still holds

Will be hard for DFA to get back in with Harbrow now down back and Callan, Everitt, Tiller, Gilbee, Morris, Lake, Williams and as of probably next week Hargrave all in the mix

LostDoggy
27-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Outs
Callan - needs to work on keeping his feet, and we need more height this week
Higgins - Injured

Ins
Everitt - A few mid to tall athletic Sydney forwards he could take that Addison/Callan would struggle against - O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, Goodes
Grant - Need someone to step in for the injured Higgins and Murphy, he is due for another run if Rocket's call on playing him in 10+ games still holds

Will be hard for DFA to get back in with Harbrow now down back and Callan, Everitt, Tiller, Gilbee, Morris, Lake, Williams and as of probably next week Hargrave all in the mix

No chance.
That is Higgins won't miss, Callan won't be dropped and Grant won't come in.

Mantis
27-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Depends on how our injured players come up, but I think there will be no change this week.

From what you hear I think Higgins & Gilbee will be ok and think Hargrave possibly needs another week off.

Sleeve1970
27-05-2009, 11:37 AM
In: Skipper

Just to give another marking forward a crack. If not SKIPPER lets give GRANT some game time. Yeah I can hear the screaming now three ruck in.....:rolleyes:

The Coon Dog
27-05-2009, 11:55 AM

Just to give another marking forward a crack. If not SKIPPER lets give GRANT some game time. Yeah I can hear the screaming now three ruck in.....:rolleyes:

As much as I'd love to see Grant get a game, his form at Williamstown is hardly deserving of promotion & he's just not physically up to it yet, something he acknowledged himself after his debut v Carlton.

Can't see any change if Higgins comes up as we're led to believe he will.

LostDoggy
27-05-2009, 12:42 PM

I have alway wanted Skipper to play in the AFL, but Skipper is not helping himself in the VFL in kicking (Please don't quote me on this) 4 goals 25 behinds.
If it was the other way around, I would think that he would play in the AFL. Has been name best play for the Seagulls on many occassions.

GO SKIPPER!!!!!!!:

Mantis
27-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I have alway wanted Skipper to play in the AFL, but Skipper is not helping himself in the VFL in kicking (Please don't quote me on this) 4 goals 25 behinds. If it was the other way around, I would think that he would play in the AFL. Has been name best play for the Seagulls on many occassions.

GO SKIPPER!!!!!!!:

That stat was brought up a few weeks back and it's not correct. I'm reasonably certain that 25 refers to the number of votes he has received and not behinds.

Bulldog Revolution
27-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I have alway wanted Skipper to play in the AFL, but Skipper is not helping himself in the VFL in kicking (Please don't quote me on this) 4 goals 25 behinds.
If it was the other way around, I would think that he would play in the AFL. Has been name best play for the Seagulls on many occassions.

GO SKIPPER!!!!!!!:

T-BONE if you look here you'll see Axe Man explains this well that it nots behinds but where Skipper has polled in the best on ground voting

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4919&page=2

LostDoggy
27-05-2009, 06:04 PM
T-BONE if you look here you'll see Axe Man explains this well that it nots behinds but where Skipper has polled in the best on ground voting

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4919&page=2

Thanks for the info Bulldog Revolution, that would mean that Skipper is doing very well in the VFL. 4 goals goals for a ruckman who goes forward is fantastic. Lets play him in oue forward line....

hujsh
27-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the info Bulldog Revolution, that would mean that Skipper is doing very well in the VFL. 4 goals goals for a ruckman who goes forward is fantastic. Lets play him in oue forward line....

Really? Minson has 6 from 9 games (Skipper 4 from 6) playing AFL and no one has said that he's been fantastic as a forward.

LostDoggy
27-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Really? Minson has 6 from 9 games (Skipper 4 from 6) playing AFL and no one has said that he's been fantastic as a forward.

Fair call.

LostDoggy
27-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Out- Gilbee, Higgins, Hargrave
In- Everitt, Tiller, Ried

The Coon Dog
27-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Out- Gilbee, Higgins, Hargrave
In- Everitt, Tiller, Ried

He's been out for a few weeks already there BF. ;)

hujsh
27-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Don't you get it TCD?

We say we're dropping Hargrave and get 5 players on the bench!

Go_Dogs
28-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't you get it TCD?

We say we're dropping Hargrave and get 5 players on the bench!

Brilliant tactical ploy. ;)

LostDoggy
28-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Hmm been hearing all week Higgins & Gilbee in doubt and Shaggy not a chance to return..

I can only see Addison, Tiller, Everitt coming in but I hope Reid or Okeefe get a chance.

Higgins & Gilbee out messes around my Supercoach & Dream Team and im sure im not the only one..how inconsiderate of them to be injured :P

Bulldog Revolution
28-05-2009, 11:17 AM

With Roughead injured and Cordy, Grant etc alredy talls up forward most Willy watchers have suggested that Skipper is predominantly rucking, and not spending a lot of time up forward

The Underdog
28-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Official teams from afl.com.au

WESTERN BULLDOGS v SYDNEY SWANS
Western Bulldogs
B: Liam Picken, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Nathan Eagleton, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
HF: Josh Hill, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason AKermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C: Daniel Giansiracusa, Shaun Higgins, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward
Emg: Tim Callan, Dylan Addison, Jarrod Harbrow

In: Hargrave, Tiller
Out: Tim Callan, Jarrod Harbrow

Sydney Swans
B: Craig Bolton, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Martin Mattner
HB: Rhyce Shaw, Heath Grundy, Jared Crouch
C: Adam Goodes, Brett Kirk, Amon Buchanan
HF: Ryan O’Keefe, Ted Richards, Kieren Jack
F: Jarred Moore, Barry Hall, Michael O’Loughlin
Foll: Darren Jolly, Jarrad McVeigh, Jude Bolton
I/C: Luke Ablett, Paul Bevan, Nick Malceski, Jesse White
Emg: Craig Bird, Mike Pyke, Kristin Thornton

In: Roberts-Thomson
Out: Craig Bird

Named Hargrave who was going to miss another week as of yesterday. Suspect Harbrow might play instead.

boydogs
28-05-2009, 08:08 PM
No chance.
That is Higgins won't miss, Callan won't be dropped and Grant won't come in.

2 to you 1 to me ;). On the Thursday team sheet at least. We have included a tall defender for a small, just Tiller instead of Everitt. I hope Higgins is fit and plays, but if he doesn't I will be concerned if we just include Callan, Addison or Harbrow from the Emergency list in his place.

Happy Days
28-05-2009, 09:27 PM
We need a smallish defender to come back in to play on Moore and/or Jack anyway.

LostDoggy
28-05-2009, 10:50 PM

:cool:

boydogs
28-05-2009, 11:12 PM
We need a smallish defender to come back in to play on Moore and/or Jack anyway.

From the lineups named tonight here are the likely matchups

HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave

HF: Ryan O’Keefe, Ted Richards, Kieren Jack
F: Jarred Moore, Barry Hall, Michael O’Loughlin

Morris v O'Keefe
Lake v Hall
Hargrave v O'Loughlin
Williams v Richards
Picken v Jack
Gilbee v Moore

Only thing I don't like about those is Picken in the backline, I wouldn't have dropped Harbrow but agree with one extra taller defender with Hargrave/Tiller/Everitt in for Callan. Remember as well we have Tiller on the bench and they are likely to use Goodes, Jolly and White forward at some stage, so dropping Harbrow, pushing Picken back when needed and having the second extra tall defender in the side may pay off.

All this assumes the sides play as is of course, 2 of the 3 in doubt in Gilbee and Hargrave are defenders and all 3 on the emergency list are small defenders

Happy Days
29-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Only thing I don't like about those is Picken in the backline, I wouldn't have dropped Harbrow but agree with one extra taller defender with Hargrave/Tiller/Everitt in for Callan. Remember as well we have Tiller on the bench and they are likely to use Goodes, Jolly and White forward at some stage, so dropping Harbrow, pushing Picken back when needed and having the second extra tall defender in the side may pay off.

Despite being named in the back pocket, I have no doubts he will play in a tagging role in the midfield.

I just can't help but feel we're one small short as we stand now, so hopefully Callan is the one who comes in.

mjp
29-05-2009, 01:33 AM
:cool:

Yeah yeah. Has there been a single week when Eade hasn't played one of his emergencies?

It aint over till they run out.

becmatty
29-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Higgins is to be replaced by Harbrow

LostDoggy
29-05-2009, 08:57 AM
2 to you 1 to me ;). On the Thursday team sheet at least. We have included a tall defender for a small, just Tiller instead of Everitt. I hope Higgins is fit and plays, but if he doesn't I will be concerned if we just include Callan, Addison or Harbrow from the Emergency list in his place.

:) Sorry I was wrong.
Is there no small forward matchups?

aker39
29-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Has there been a single week when Eade hasn't played one of his emergencies?

Last week

LostDoggy
29-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I hope Picken tags McVeigh who went had a good game last year..

angelopetraglia
30-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Let us hope that someone shuts down McVeigh, he certainly has enjoyed playing against us in recent times.

Agree that Picken could be the man for the job.

Rocco Jones
30-05-2009, 12:50 PM
McVeigh is a tough one to tag. He tends to go to the opposition's most dangerous player and burn them the other way. The job he did on Judd after he burnt Shaw in the first 1/4 was awesome. Huge games for Cooney and Griffen, we really need a lift in workrate from the pair today (don't get me wrong, I think I rate Griffen's season a lot higher than most).

dogman
30-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Final Teams. I didn't see this one coming:mad: Whats wrong with him now?

WESTERN BULLDOGS v SYDNEY SWANS
Western Bulldogs
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Jarrod Harbrow, Ryan Hargrave
C: Nathan Eagleton, Ryan Griffen, Daniel Cross
HF: Stephen Tiller, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Scott Welsh, Callan Ward
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Daniel Giansiracusa, Adam Cooney, Josh Hill, Will Minson

Changes to the selected side
In: Jarrod Harbrow
Out: Tom Williams

BulldogBelle
30-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Final Teams. I didn't see this one coming:mad: Whats wrong with him now?

Williams has a sore foot that's why he is not playing, Eade just mentioned it on the Pre Game Show on Foxtel.

Happy Days
30-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Williams has a sore foot that's why he is not playing, Eade just mentioned it on the Pre Game Show on Foxtel.

Uh-oh.

Hasn't he already had problems with his foot?