PDA

View Full Version : Poor Nathan Brown

Sleeve1970
27-05-2009, 11:49 AM
In all the troubles going on at Richmond poor old Nathan Brown must be thinking he stepped back in time. First he went through the Terry Wallace thing at the Dogs and then he left the Dogs to go to Richmond because I believe he said "I wanted to play with a premiership side" forgive me if I'm wrong.

News flash Nathan, I think you should have stayed with the dogs.... Just shows you money aint everything in footy.:rolleyes:

mighty_west
27-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Haven't we had enough is this subject now, it's becoming very boring.

I'm not into listening to broken records over & over & over again.

The Coon Dog
27-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think you'll find too many posters on here shedding a tear for Nathan. You reap what you sew!

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 12:15 PM
NB left for money, no surprises here. He seems to have used it very well. He will have more money from his investments than from footy which will cover his entire life and be richer than most on this forum. So good luck to him.

I don't think footy and being a 'real' team player and clubman was ever, ever his thing. I think he would spend more time thinking about making his empire bigger than what is going on around him at the moment. He is selfish but that seems to work for him. Many successful people are selfish.

I don't care anymore. He left and everything in that trade was poison for all the clubs and individuals pretty much. I love watching Richmond implode, don't get me wrong, but it has taken a long time but i am now over it. Especially because i think his leaving made the club a better place and David Smorgons comments over the years suggest this. He is the example, you want to hold the WBFC to ransom for $50,000 or $100,000 a year. Leave, be like Nathan Brown and Terry Wallace who chased the buck.

Our club became stronger, and Nathan got more money and invested it wisely.

I couldn't care less about Nathan, and especially when he is delisted at seasons end and especially after his footy career and the things he never got to achieve.

The Coon Dog
27-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I couldn't care less about Nathan, and especially when he is delisted at seasons end and especially after his footy career and the things he never got to achieve.

Do people really think that will happen?

If so, would a club with its window open look at him as a PSD choice?

In my view he's still a clever bastard on the field (& just a bastard off it) & I could see him & a club like Brisbane being a good fit, that is assuming he wants to leave Melbourne.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 12:33 PM

In my view he's still a clever bastard on the field (& just a bastard off it) & I could see him & a club like Brisbane being a good fit, that is assuming he wants to leave Melbourne.
I think a new coach should come in and wipe the over 30's ala Hawthorn. Trade, delist, sack whatever.

And it would free up a heap of cash to sign their young guns from going to GC17.

A club could take him. I can't see the last years top 4 taking him. Perhaps North or Brisbane. If O'Loughlin retires, maybe Sydney too - would be that Sydney style pickup too. But Nathan may have to take a massive paycut and i'm not sure if that enhances his marketing of his products, if so he may move.

But if i was dropped on my head as a child several times and thought coaching Richmond was something i wated to do, i would wipe COUSINS, Johnson, Brown, Richo, Bowden and maybe Simmonds. Secure our guns kids with cash savings and maybe even go out chase a big name player with left over dollars. Lucky for me i have no AFL experience and i wasn't dropped on my head as a baby, so i wont be coaching Richmond next year (That's a WOOF exclusive by the way).

Sockeye Salmon
27-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Richmond can't really afford to dump all 6 over 30's in one year, for starters what sort of talent is going to be left at pick 70, especially when the draft year is only 8 months?

If they dump Simmonds who's going to ruck? Pattison? Ha ha.

Johnson will go and Bowden should to.

Brown has skill - not like there's too much of that in the place - and Cousins will get another year as well unless the body gives up.

Richo deserves to stay as long as he likes for what he has given that club.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Richmond can't really afford to dump all 6 over 30's in one year, for starters what sort of talent is going to be left at pick 70, especially when the draft year is only 8 months?

Johnson will go and Bowden should to.

Brown has skill - not like there's too much of that in the place - and Cousins will get another year as well unless the body gives up.

Richo deserves to stay as long as he likes for what he has given that club.
On Cousins, wouldn't he love to be at St Kilda right now. If only he made correct decisions about things.

Sleeve1970
27-05-2009, 01:01 PM
On Cousins, wouldn't he love to be at St Kilda right now. If only he made correct decisions about things.

I hear him saying D'OH right at this very time........:D

azabob
27-05-2009, 01:02 PM

If he made the correct decision about things he'd still be playing for West Coast!!

Sleeve1970
27-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Haven't we had enough is this subject now, it's becoming very boring.

I'm not into listening to broken records over & over & over again.

Never have enough of this greedy little bugger....

Sleeve1970
27-05-2009, 01:06 PM
I think a new coach should come in and wipe the over 30's ala Hawthorn. Trade, delist, sack whatever.

And it would free up a heap of cash to sign their young guns from going to GC17.

A club could take him. I can't see the last years top 4 taking him. Perhaps North or Brisbane. If O'Loughlin retires, maybe Sydney too - would be that Sydney style pickup too. But Nathan may have to take a massive paycut and i'm not sure if that enhances his marketing of his products, if so he may move.

But if i was dropped on my head as a child several times and thought coaching Richmond was something i wated to do, i would wipe COUSINS, Johnson, Brown, Richo, Bowden and maybe Simmonds. Secure our guns kids with cash savings and maybe even go out chase a big name player with left over dollars. Lucky for me i have no AFL experience and i wasn't dropped on my head as a baby, so i wont be coaching Richmond next year (That's a WOOF exclusive by the way).

Mate I love your work...... LMAO.:D

Mofra
27-05-2009, 01:09 PM
News flash Nathan, I think you should have stayed with the dogs.... Just shows you money aint everything in footy.:rolleyes:
Depends which way you look at it - if you worked for a company, improved your performance, and were told you may have to take a pay cut, would you stay?

Now having met him personally I think he is a pri!ck, but I'm not sure we can hold to moral high ground years after the event given nobody here really knows what went on contractually.

Sleeve1970
27-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Depends which way you look at it - if you worked for a company, improved your performance, and were told you may have to take a pay cut, would you stay?

Now having met him personally I think he is a pri!ck, but I'm not sure we can hold to moral high ground years after the event given nobody here really knows what went on contractually.

Good call, just thought that it was funny how history repeats...

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 01:36 PM
On associated topics, Wallet made his own bed and he needs to sleep in it.

I do not like him, with a passion. But it is something of a shame Hawthorn don't consider him one of theres, we wont and Richmond will add him to the scrap heap. Usually a 500 gamer player/coach will be known for a particular club.

Wallace seemed upset when Hawthorn left him out of the team of the decade/century or whatever it was, and i don't see him being invited to 15 year reunion from 1995. Nor any Richmond.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves everything he gets as he is a selfish twat motivated by the media, money and his ego and this is his making. But there is a teny-tiny part of me that say's it's a shame no club will probably claim him. But that's life and about the quality of decision people make and the type of personalities involved.

On the other hand, i love the Eade wants to be known as a doggies man. 200 games with Hawks, grand final at Swans, but has a real passion to go down in the record books as a doggies man. Sign him now Smorgo.

Sedat
27-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I will forever give my eternal thanks and gratitude to Brown for relieving us of significant salary cap pressure. Your kind gesture ultimately played a part in helping us keep such fringe dwellers at the time as Cooney, Gilbee, Hargrave, Cross, Boyd, Lake and Gia on our list for the long-term.

Remi Moses
27-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Who?

azabob
27-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Who?

We are talking about Nathan Brown; the key position player for Collingwood. ;);)

The Pie Man
28-05-2009, 02:11 PM

Return to sender TCD? :D

In all seriousness, one of their old talls would be nice

ratsmac
28-05-2009, 02:58 PM
True story -

The day NB had that terrible incident where he broke that leg, I had some friends over for some drinks and a movie. Just before I put the movie on the Richmond V Melbourne game was on TV. I saw NB and I said to my friends "I Hope that so and so breaks his leg." After watching the movie I caught the end of the football coverage where they were talking about the horrific injury to NB. You can imagine the look on our faces when we saw it. My friends thought that I was some kind of witch doctor. I did Feel sorry for him though i got over it pretty quickly. As it turns out I'm not a witch doctor because I've since tried it again with no results. Just kidding, no one deserves an injury like that, but he does deserve what he would be going through at Richmond now.

Anyway that boat sailed along time ago, let us worry about making the finals then top four and then the big one. CARN THE DOGGIES!!!!

Mofra
28-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Wasn't Cousins' call to make. Two influential members of the board convinced the others to say no. The Saints board had the final say.

bornadog
28-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Wasn't Cousins' call to make. Two influential members of the board convinced the others to say no. The Saints board had the final say.

I believe a few football boards didn't want him.

The Coon Dog
28-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I believe a few football boards didn't want him.

I know ours didn't.

bornadog
28-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I know ours didn't.

Yes, your right there.;)

bulldogsman
29-05-2009, 01:33 AM

Angus Graham is very handy. I think Simmonds should get dumped

macca
29-05-2009, 02:32 AM
how much is a premiership worth ? Some players would swap all there games just to play in a grand final. Maybe footy is just a business for some players.

LostDoggy
30-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Who?

and.........Who cares? :p You reap what you sow, or what goes round, comes round, or Karma - gotta love it!

GetDimmaBack
30-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't think I've ever been as annoyed/angry - in a football sense - as when Browny left.
I remember the days of Dempsey, Round, Quinlan et al going, and I hated that, but when Browny left it rankled for a few years. Probably still does a bit.

He was notorious at the Dogs for shirking off field responsibilities, for leading some of the young guys astray (read Gilbee), and for general smart**** behaviour.
It was galling to hear him say, "I want to be a mentor to the young guys", when he went to Richmond. He said that purely to get up the noses of Dogs people.

So, as much as I hate to admit it, I have harboured a few grudges and have not really wanted him, or the Tiges, to succeed while he's there. Even my kids ahve told me many times to "let it go", and they're passionate Dogs fans...

I've just read the current thread on Chris Grant, and it warms my heart. Yin & yang, aren't they?

AndrewP6
30-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Don't have an ounce of sympathy for Nathan Brown, or admiration for his successful business ventures. Couldn't care less how financially successful he is, I'd prefer to sleep at night, and have a clear conscience. Hope we trounce him/them next weekend. And that Plough gets the arse after the game. Then once we fix global warming and the global financial crisis, all will be right in the world. ;)

strebla
30-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Angus Graham is very handy. I think Simmonds should get dumped

Tyrone Vickory is gong to be a player aswell

FrediKanoute
31-05-2009, 06:07 AM

Short answer, no.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 02:20 AM
He was in the coaches box tonight, and looked very 'sad' throughout the night.

We can only wonder why?

His mentor that taught him you leave for money is leaving?
His old club made his new club look like shite?
His career maybe over?
Others?

Remi Moses
06-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Now I know who,the bloke crying on terry's shoulder after the game:p:p

The Pie Man
06-06-2009, 10:53 AM
He was in the coaches box tonight, and looked very 'sad' throughout the night.

We can only wonder why?

His mentor that taught him you leave for money is leaving?
His old club made his new club look like shite?
His career maybe over?
Others?

That was pure regret oozing out of his expression, tinged with a bit of 'how can we be this bad?'

Question earlier in the thread - would you take a pay cut if you actually were performing well? Probably not in my current financical situation - but if it was a pay cut from $350K to $320K and in the interest of the football club, I'd be confident to say yes I would.

I'm never going to be in the situation so in a way it's impossible to judge.... but in another way, he's a mercenary prick who deserves all the failure his football career has now handed him.

MrMahatma
08-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Karma's a bitch. He'll probably be gone at the end of the year (not sure of his contract situation though?) where as if he'd stayed with us, given our situation, would be kept on for another 2-3 years. Not only would he be playing in finals, but the financial net result would probably be better too.

Muppet.

hujsh
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Can't see him being delisted. Might be an Ok pickup for the GC if Richmond are that desperate to be rid of him.

He's absolutely in their best 22 and there's no reason to tank after this year so can't see him going

The Coon Dog
18-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Game over for ex-Tiger Brown

Jake Niall | November 18, 2009

NATHAN Brown ended his career yesterday, the gifted 220-game Bulldog-turned-Tiger confirming what he had more or less accepted since Richmond decided he was surplus to its plans at the end of the 2009 season.

Brown had been holding out until yesterday, in part because St Kilda had been in contact with his management and had shown some interest in recruiting the player who, at his zenith, was among the game's best players and arguably its most damaging mid-sized forward.

''The final decision was made today, but probably since the the end of the season I knew that I was going to go down that path,'' Brown said. ''There was a bit of interest from St Kilda late, we decided that my groin probably wasn't going to stand up to another year of football.

[B]Article in full... (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/game-over-for-nathan-brown/2009/11/17/1258219839868.html)

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Game over for ex-Tiger Brown

Jake Niall | November 18, 2009

NATHAN Brown ended his career yesterday, the gifted 220-game Bulldog-turned-Tiger confirming what he had more or less accepted since Richmond decided he was surplus to its plans at the end of the 2009 season.

Brown had been holding out until yesterday, in part because St Kilda had been in contact with his management and had shown some interest in recruiting the player who, at his zenith, was among the game's best players and arguably its most damaging mid-sized forward.

''The final decision was made today, but probably since the the end of the season I knew that I was going to go down that path,'' Brown said. ''There was a bit of interest from St Kilda late, we decided that my groin probably wasn't going to stand up to another year of football.

[B]Article in full... (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/game-over-for-nathan-brown/2009/11/17/1258219839868.html)
If he stayed with the Bulldogs he might have had better luck. Is Richmond going to remember him in years to come. Most of us Bulldogs only remember him as a money hungry traitor. It's a shame because he was a great player for us, just proofs the team is bigger than the individual. Terry Wallet might offer him a free feed.

Cyberdoggie
18-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I guess it came down to that broken leg.

If he hadn't of changed clubs you could say he never would of hurt his leg.

I won't lose any sleep over it regardless. :p

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Pretty much Hate Nathan Brown.

AndrewP6
18-11-2009, 10:36 PM
No change in my thoughts towards him. This part I actually smiled at:

"Brown, while disappointed that his career had been ''pretty much ended by injuries'' and the fact his decision to leave the Bulldogs for Richmond did not yield team success, saw an optimistic bottom line. ''If I'd been told when I was 17 years of age, I was going to play 220 games in 13 years, I would have taken that every day of the week.''

As others have noted, it's called karma.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Good, I hope that the bitterness towards Nathan Brown can now be finally put to rest. He did what so many other players have done at other clubs, including McPhee this week walking out on Essendon to go to Freo:eek: Don't tell me he is seeking team success.

We have to move on otherwise we will be hit by the karma bus ourselves....although remember....any male offspring belongs to us...............:cool:

BulldogBelle
18-11-2009, 11:06 PM
and the fact his decision to leave the Bulldogs for Richmond did not yield team success

Yielded success to his bank accounts

Nathan, there is no 'I' in team

He knows he stuffed up by leaving, just too arrogant to admit it

aker39
19-11-2009, 09:09 AM
He did what so many other players have done at other clubs, including McPhee this week walking out on Essendon to go to Freo

I have no problems with players changing clubs, my issue with him was that he played his final year at the bulldogs with 0% effort.

He knew he was leaving at the end of the year, and he gave nothing.

The Coon Dog
19-11-2009, 09:10 AM
I have no problems with players changing clubs, my issue with him was that he played his final year at the bulldogs with 0% effort.

He knew he was leaving at the end of the year, and he gave nothing.
And said that if Luke Darcy re-signs he'll stay too.

The Pie Man
19-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Despite playing over 200 games of footy, it's a career that could've achieved a lot more.

Now just a has-been (and I'm a never-was clearly)

Nuggety Back Pocket
19-11-2009, 08:28 PM
And said that if Luke Darcy re-signs he'll stay too.

Not the first League player to take a mercenary approach. I would prefer his future allegiance be with the Bulldogs who have found it extremely hard to attract former players back to the club. Brown is close friends with Robert Murphy and maybe that is the link for a future relationship with the Bulldogs. I would prefer to remember him for his great skills
and talent. At the end of the day we all make mistakes.

LostDoggy
19-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Not the first League player to take a mercenary approach. I would prefer his future allegiance be with the Bulldogs who have found it extremely hard to attract former players back to the club. Brown is close friends with Robert Murphy and maybe that is the link for a future relationship with the Bulldogs. I would prefer to remember him for his great skills

I agree, he was young, arrogant and stupid, but it is time to move on and allow him to move on.

Dancin' Douggy
19-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree, he was young, arrogant and stupid, but it is time to move on and allow him to move on.

Yes you are right he is arrogant and stupid.

AndrewP6
19-11-2009, 11:16 PM

I would prefer he never set foot into the Whitten Oval again. I wouldn't want his type back there, even if former players are hard to entice back. And he showed what his type really is.

Pedro Sanchez
20-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Probably my favourite player up until he left. Still remember one of his first games back when he had the pony-tail and he jagged a great goal against Freo at Princess Park. Back in the days when Winston Abraham and Scott Chishom were playing for the Dockers.

Anyway it’s a shame things have turned out how they have as for such a talented player – arguably good enough to be a dead-set superstar – he’s petered out of the game with a whimper. Given how good a bloke Bob Murphy appears to be, surely Brown isn’t that bad himself except for the decision to choof off of course.

Anyway best of luck to him in future. Bring on Callan Ward!

KT31
20-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I would prefer he never set foot into the Whitten Oval again. I wouldn't want his type back there, even if former players are hard to entice back. And he showed what his type really is.

I agree, Iwouldn't want him anywhere near Ward, Hill or any of the other impressionable kids.

anfo27
21-11-2009, 12:59 PM
and the fact his decision to leave the Bulldogs for Richmond did not yield team success

Yielded success to his bank accounts

Nathan, there is no 'I' in team

He knows he stuffed up by leaving, just too arrogant to admit it

As the great Micheal Jordan said in his hall of fame speech ' there is no I in team but there is an I in win' what a legend.

angelopetraglia
21-11-2009, 01:06 PM
As the great Micheal Jordan said in his hall of fame speech ' there is no I in team but there is an I in win' what a legend.

Just finished reading Phil Jackson's book "Sacred Hoops". It wasn't until Jordan actually began being a team player that they actually started winning championships.

AndrewP6
21-11-2009, 02:03 PM

Comparing Naf to the great Michael Jordan? :eek::eek:

Twodogs
21-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Mmmmm-there's quite a few 'I's in individual as well. That kind of statement says more about the type of sport basketball is than anything else.

Team sports are about collective glory, co-operation with one another and occasionally doing a job you dont want to do for the overall good of the team.

LostDoggy
21-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Would've been a Bulldog great, and probably still playing in our team right now.

Never forgive him and the way he left, a wasted talent in the end.

EasternWest
22-11-2009, 11:47 PM
At the end of the day we all make mistakes.

So so true. Some of us even swallow our pride and admit them.

And some of us behave like arrogant turds.

Which group does Judas belong in?

(hint, it's the 2nd group).

1eyedog
23-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Super player who let his arrogance get in the way of his reponsibilities during his final year. His kicking for goal was appalling during his final season with us....I've always wondered about that.

LostDoggy
25-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't really care about Nathan Brown anymore, but was very peeved with his body language on the field in his last season with us. He obviously didn't want to be out there playing for the Bulldogs. :(

Remi Moses
25-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Who? Looooooooong forgotten:D:D

Remi Moses
25-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Good, I hope that the bitterness towards Nathan Brown can now be finally put to rest. He did what so many other players have done at other clubs, including McPhee this week walking out on Essendon to go to Freo:eek: Don't tell me he is seeking team success.

We have to move on otherwise we will be hit by the karma bus ourselves....although remember....any male offspring belongs to us...............:cool:

little bit different when comparing an A grader to Mcphee [just a footballer] Let's be honest he wont have kids because nobody loves Nathan like he loves himself:eek:

Mofra
26-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I think it's a little sad people keep obsessing over it.

McPhee hates Knights so is moving on, pure & simple. Apparently almost every player on the list hates Knights, with Lloyd's relationship with Knights being quite frosty as well.

1eyedog
26-11-2009, 10:52 AM
little bit different when comparing an A grader to Mcphee [just a footballer] Let's be honest he wont have kids because nobody loves Nathan like he loves himself:eek:

McPhee is more than just a footballer, IMO he's a very good footballer who is only inferior to Brown in the sense that he fails to create like Brown used to.

EasternWest
27-11-2009, 01:44 PM

McPhee hates Knights so is moving on, pure & simple. Apparently almost every player on the list hates Knights, with Lloyd's relationship with Knights being quite frosty as well.

I don't think it's so much obsessing over it, at least not for me. It's not just footy I love, but the characters and stories it throws up. We (I) need heroes and villains. It's an emotional thing.

Would you define the love that we all feel for Grant as obsessing? It's the same as that with Nathan, only opposite. Everything we loved about Chris (loyal, brave) was inversely propoprtional with Nathan (disloyal, opportunistic).

It's just heroes and villains. Nathan had wonderful ability, but he was (is) a prick.

Sedat
27-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Wallace (with Brown riding shotgun in the coaches box) gave the Dogs a wonderful and unexpected going-away present on Friday June 5th. I have barely given either of them a moment's thought since that fantastic Friday night and my intense dislike for Richmond has now dissipated to virtually nothing.

With Wallace and Brown now nothing but artifacts in football history, that war has been well and truly been run and won.

EasternWest
27-11-2009, 02:02 PM
With Wallace and Brown now nothing but artifacts in footnall history, that war has been well and truly run and won.

Aaah, the ox is slow......

Mofra
27-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Would you define the love that we all feel for Grant as obsessing? It's the same as that with Nathan, only opposite. Everything we loved about Chris (loyal, brave) was inversely propoprtional with Nathan (disloyal, opportunistic).
It's much different. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. I find the lingering bitterness amongst supporters over an incident that occurred years ago (one we still don't know the details of) a bit sad. AND Bulldogs players are still mates with him.

Don't know why people don't move on. Plenty of other football issues to worry about.

LongWait
27-11-2009, 04:32 PM
It's much different. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. I find the lingering bitterness amongst supporters over an incident that occurred years ago (one we still don't know the details of) a bit sad. AND Bulldogs players are still mates with him.

Don't know why people don't move on. Plenty of other football issues to worry about.

When the Coach and his favourite star player both leave a struggling club for glory and more money elsewhere - and in doing so lie through their teeth to all and sundry, you should not be surprised that many will never forgive nor forget them.

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 04:41 PM
When the Coach and his favourite star player both leave a struggling club for glory and more money elsewhere - and in doing so lie through their teeth to all and sundry, you should not be surprised that many will never forgive nor forget them.
Here Here !
It just proves the saying "the club is greater than the individual".
Whilst I always thought Aker was a great footballer, when he was with Brisbane, I thought he was a wanker, now he is a bulldog, I think he is the best thing since sliced bread.

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 05:17 PM
This animosity towards Brown and Wallace is ancient history now and really not worth the traffic this thread is getting. I can't believe people still care.

AndrewP6
27-11-2009, 06:29 PM
This animosity towards Brown and Wallace is ancient history now and really not worth the traffic this thread is getting. I can't believe people still care.

Yep, people still care. Still love the Bulldogs - and Wallet and Naf are still a***holes.

EasternWest
28-11-2009, 11:25 AM

I think that's entirely your opinion and a fairly stated one. It's just that mine is different.

LostDoggy
28-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Yep, people still care. Still love the Bulldogs - and Wallet and Naf are still a***holes.

The 'care' part has nothing to with the loving the Bulldogs, its the hatred people still carry towards Wallace and Brown.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-11-2009, 12:56 PM

He'll have four daughters to Mrs Thumb.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Libba didn't like him much either.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-11-2009, 01:10 PM

If fear is the basis of anger and hate then maybe the enduring animosity towards Brown is because his Judas act really threatened our club because it was saying it was not worthy of its own great player who it had developed and who had became an important part of who it was. His departure, piggybacking Wallace's was saying we are not worthy.
Hell hath no fury like a scorned football club.
Ironically he has added value to loyalty and devalued talent.

EasternWest
28-11-2009, 01:56 PM
If fear is the basis of anger and hate then maybe the enduring animosity towards Brown is because his Judas act really threatened our club because it was saying it was not worthy of its own great player who it had developed and who had became an important part of who it was. His departure, piggybacking Wallace's was saying we are not worthy.
Hell hath no fury like a scorned football club.
Ironically he has added value to loyalty and devalued talent.

Amen brother.

mighty_west
28-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Reading and hearing people go on & on & on about this kind of issue is like listening to the mother in law repeat herself over & over & yawnnnnnnnn.;)

Obviously people have their own opinions, views etc, i don;t see the point in holding onto this subject, i know alot of people who in life hold a grudge over the smallest of issues, and go on about them like you wouldn't believe, they never see happy, maybe they just can't move on? who knows.

But, we are all a passionate bunch, and footy can bring out the best & worst in us all.

EasternWest
28-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Reading and hearing people go on & on & on about this kind of issue is like listening to the mother in law repeat herself over & over & yawnnnnnnnn.;)

Obviously people have their own opinions, views etc, i don;t see the point in holding onto this subject, i know alot of people who in life hold a grudge over the smallest of issues, and go on about them like you wouldn't believe, they never see happy, maybe they just can't move on? who knows.

But, we are all a passionate bunch, and footy can bring out the best & worst in us all.

I'm happy in life. I'm also happy to hold the grudge. It costs me zero energy at all. If you don't want to hear/talk about it, why would you read the thread/contribute when you can just as easily not click on it? Respectfully of course.

mighty_west
28-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm happy in life. I'm also happy to hold the grudge. It costs me zero energy at all. If you don't want to hear/talk about it, why would you read the thread/contribute when you can just as easily not click on it? Respectfully of course.

Don't get me wrong, i understand most supporters feeling this way about Nathan, i felt the same way myself, i guess my whole attitude about the issue kind of changed when he snapped his ankle, when i first heard it happening, my first thoughts were INSTANT KARMA! when i actually watched the replay and saw how bad it was, it was like my attitude about the situation changed, and even Nathan didn't deserve an injury as bad as that.

My opinions are that issues don't need to drag out, to me, it is wasted energy, it's like people bagging our own players at games, i hate that with a passion, and with the Nathan issue, i could ignore it on here, but you can't escape it at the footy, and yes, it does remind me of the mother in law when she asked me if she told me about what she got up to today "yes love, only 6 times now"..:p

EasternWest
28-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, i understand most supporters feeling this way about Nathan, i felt the same way myself, i guess my whole attitude about the issue kind of changed when he snapped his ankle, when i first heard it happening, my first thoughts were INSTANT KARMA! when i actually watched the replay and saw how bad it was, it was like my attitude about the situation changed, and even Nathan didn't deserve an injury as bad as that.

My opinions are that issues don't need to drag out, to me, it is wasted energy, it's like people bagging our own players at games, i hate that with a passion, and with the Nathan issue, i could ignore it on here, but you can't escape it at the footy, and yes, it does remind me of the mother in law when she asked me if she told me about what she got up to today "yes love, only 6 times now"..:p

He he he. Nice reply.

Well, I do hold a lot of vitriol for NB, but that certainly doesn't mean I was happy when he had that terrible injury-I'm with you there.
FWIW I absolutely HATE when supporters bag out our players too. That is wasted energy. If all you're doing is focussing on the bad things, you miss all the wonderful things that happen. I remember in about Cooney's third game some knuckle behind me spent the whole time yelling out how he was a wasted pick and he'll never be worth the number 1. I couldn't believe it. He was a little fat kid with terrible hair, but even then you could see he had something special. Of course this guy couldn't, because he only saw the negatives.
Don't get me wrong, I'll groan and roll my eyes at horrible clangers and disastrous brain fades, but that temporary heart attack is forgotten the next time Harbrow goes for a daring run or Lake clamps his iron paws around another contested grab. I love the Dogs so much, and all the more for the emotional fluctuations that come with being a Dogs man.

chef
28-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Nathan who?

AndrewP6
28-11-2009, 10:26 PM
i know alot of people who in life hold a grudge over the smallest of issues, and go on about them like you wouldn't believe, they never see happy,

Holding a grudge over a small issue is silly. Holding a grudge over what Brown did to the Bulldogs (not a small issue at all) is warranted.

AndrewP6
28-11-2009, 10:30 PM
The 'care' part has nothing to with the loving the Bulldogs, its the hatred people still carry towards Wallace and Brown.

As soon as I find a reason to change my opinion of them , I'll do it.

LostDoggy
28-11-2009, 10:46 PM
As soon as I find a reason to change my opinion of them , I'll do it.

Who said you have to change your opinion? I doubt any bulldog fan thinks highly of Brown or Wallace. Whats sad is some will be bitter forever and never get over it.
My point was this is ancient history, this subject has been done to death and is getting really boring.

AndrewP6
28-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Who said you have to change your opinion? I doubt any bulldog fan thinks highly of Brown or Wallace. Whats sad is some will be bitter forever and never get over it.
My point was this is ancient history, this subject has been done to death and is getting really boring.

Fair enough...

GVGjr
28-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

LostDoggy
28-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I was quoted in the Footscray Mail (will have a rummage at home when I get there to find out exactly when) vox pop section answering the question as to whether the Bulldogs should trade Nathan Brown? I answered no, because he had the capability to be a match-winner.

mighty_west
29-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I was quoted in the Footscray Mail (will have a rummage at home when I get there to find out exactly when) vox pop section answering the question as to whether the Bulldogs should trade Nathan Brown? I answered no, because he had the capability to be a match-winner.

When young Nathan was starting to become an extremely good player, i always thought he could win a Brownlow one day, he would have if he stayed with us imo, it was a shame the way he left, in his prime at the Dogs, geez he was a gun.

KT31
29-11-2009, 11:47 AM

Could be a TV show in it.
My Name Is Terry.
And Judas can play the dumb brother.:D

mighty_west
29-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Holding a grudge over a small issue is silly. Holding a grudge over what Brown did to the Bulldogs (not a small issue at all) is warranted.

Yeah i was just making an example of some people just needing the smallest of reasons to hold a grudge, was probably a personal dig at a certain few people i know in life [not you DexterT:D], and you just don't want to be around people like that, who always bring you down to their levels, and unfortunaltly when it's family, you can't exactly just walk away.

I understand the Brown issue wasn't a small issue, i already said i was pretty pissed at the time, and for some time after that, likewise with Wallet, but, at the end of the day, what is the point? You just get on with things and try & control what you can, those things you cannot, they are done, and me personally, i just find it a waste of energy.

bornadog
29-11-2009, 12:19 PM
My Name Is Terry.

I wonder what Terry's list would look like:D

BornInDroopSt'54
29-11-2009, 01:09 PM
My Name Is Terry.

That got a laugh out of me. All and sundry are contemtible, lacking character yet 2.5 men is very popular. So were Brown and Wallace.

KT31
30-11-2009, 01:15 PM
That got a laugh out of me. All and sundry are contemtible, lacking character yet 2.5 men is very popular. So were Brown and Wallace.

What about "Two and a Half wins" ?

That would sum up both Wallets and Judases careers at Richmond.:D

BornInDroopSt'54
30-11-2009, 08:31 PM
What about "Two and a Half wins" ?

That would sum up both Wallets and Judases careers at Richmond.:D

Ha ha. Yeah and they'd take the half too.

Doc26
30-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I must be one of those negative hold a grudge types ;)

Thanks for the fond memories and good riddance.