Andrejs Everitt (foot) available
Lindsay Gilbee (ankle) test
Brennan Stack (thigh) test
Henry White (knee) test
Ryan Hargrave (quad) 1 week
Shaun Higgins (groin) test
Robert Murphy (hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Paul O'Shea (hip) indefinite

End of last year there was a lot of discussion on Paul O'Shea and if he should be kept on the list or not.
With him being injured for most of the season and not an optimistic outlook for his injury, will we keep him on the list next year or move him on?

Or is it possible we are playing funny buggers and he is ready to go but we want Picken on the list until Mid Year when we can elevate him without an injured player?
I would hope this is not the case as it wouldn't be good for O'Shea's confidence if that was the case.

Mofra
27-05-2009, 01:58 PM
End of last year there was a lot of discussion on Paul O'Shea and if he should be kept on the list or not.
With him being injured for most of the season and not an optimistic outlook for his injury, will we keep him on the list next year or move him on?

Brave fella, but we need to ask the hard question - what does he add to the list?

As a tall backman he would be behind Lake, Williams, Everitt, Wight & Boumann, possibly Mullgan as well, and Tiller plays tall for his height.

We need to move 4 players on (as we'd assume Picken will be elevated to the senior list).

Tough call might be made.

Mantis
27-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Brave fella, but we need to ask the hard question - what does he add to the list?

As a tall backman he would be behind Lake, Williams, Everitt, Wight & Boumann, possibly Mullgan as well, and Tiller plays tall for his height.

We need to move 4 players on (as we'd assume Picken will be elevated to the senior list).

Tough call might be made.

That really won't be that hard.

Wight & Skipper are probably gone.

Welsh will retire

Aker & Johnson and maybe even Eagleton will have questions asked of them and alot will depend on their form in the 2nd half of the year ( incl. finals - most importantly)

We also have Lynch, O'Shea and maybe Stack who will probably be looked at.

BulldogBelle
27-05-2009, 03:05 PM
According to this article Two key Dogs in doubt (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25545850-19742,00.html) in The Herald Sun, Gilbee did not make the training track today and Higgins did some light drills both apparently are rated a little better than a 50/50 chance to play and will be named in the team tomorrow and see how they pull up.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 03:06 PM

Welsh will retire

Aker & Johnson and maybe even Eagleton will have questions asked of them and alot will depend on their form in the 2nd half of the year ( incl. finals - most importantly)

I agree 100%.

O'Shea is a Gold Coast boy from memory. Perhaps he can be the first uncontracted player (and non compensatable) from the WBFC to go up there...

Clayton likes him enough to draft him, a few years on a senior list, brave and courageous, good tall backman for them...

A tad optimistic? :)

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 03:06 PM
According to this article in The Herald Sun, Gilbee did not make the training track today and Higgins did some light drills both apparently are rated a little better than a 50/50 chance to play and will be named in the team tomorrow and see how they pull up.
Thanks BB.

Not what anyone of us wanted to hear...

Mantis
27-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree 100%.

O'Shea is a Gold Coast boy from memory. Perhaps he can be the first uncontracted player (and non compensatable) from the WBFC to go up there...

Clayton likes him enough to draft him, a few years on a senior list, brave and courageous, good tall backman for them...

A tad optimistic? :)

Rockhampton boy.

Cyberdoggie
27-05-2009, 03:59 PM
He would be a good rookie list option.

delist Skipper, Wight, Lynch and one of the older lads perhaps.

Mofra
27-05-2009, 04:05 PM

Welsh will retire

Agree with Wight, and Welsh's back will perhaps make that decision easy.

Aker looks set to play on, Johnson I'd expect to play on, Eagleton would be under pressure although has certainly maintained his spot in the side well this year (one or two games notwithstanding).

2 probables & 3 maybes, I'd expect at least one of the last 3 you mentioned may get a sad tap on the shoulder.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Rockhampton boy.
Darn. But still i'd like to volunteer him as our first and only free uncontracted player.

Shame really. His courage can not be questioned. But his skills in the NAB cup were very poor if being brutally honest and haven't (from a far) improved that much. But boy i love his attack on the ball.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2009, 04:50 PM

Aker looks set to play on, Johnson I'd expect to play on, Eagleton would be under pressure although has certainly maintained his spot in the side well this year (one or two games notwithstanding).

2 probables & 3 maybes, I'd expect at least one of the last 3 you mentioned may get a sad tap on the shoulder.
Eagleton to the veterans list next year.

I'd have him go on in 2010 if it is between him and a round 5 selection in the rookie draft.

No brainer, surely. If he wants to play on, which i would assume he would.

LostDoggy
27-05-2009, 05:28 PM
The new Gold Coast team can have O'Shea. :D

bornadog
27-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Surprised Stack is injured when he was named as an emergency on Friday and then did not play on Saturday. I wonder when he got his injury?

Go_Dogs
27-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Surprised Stack is injured when he was named as an emergency on Friday and then did not play on Saturday. I wonder when he got his injury?

Yes, very mysterious. The poor guy just can't take a trick - whenever he is seemingly close to selection he gets injured. Same thing happened last year too IIRC.

Mitcha
27-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I believe his injury was sustained during Williamstowns training session on Friday after he was told he was not required for the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Mantis
27-05-2009, 07:15 PM

Must have been at the same training session at which Hargrave got injured.

Mantis
27-05-2009, 07:20 PM

You missed Skipper who will struggle especially if Cordy & Roughead continue to improve.

With the 3 older guys I will be really interested in how these guys perform in the finals (when we make them) before making a decision on them. You would say at present all 3 have done enough, but we really need these guys to perform on the big stage so I guess it will be a wait and see. With Johnson & Eagleton both eligible for the veterans list it probably works in their favour and Aker is skilful enough that he could probably sit in a FP next year and kick 40 or 50 goals.

Mofra
27-05-2009, 07:36 PM
You missed Skipper who will struggle especially if Cordy & Roughead continue to improve.

Another interesting one. Doubt Cardy will have the body for AFL next year (even as a back up) but Roughead certainly would.

Is Eagleton able to go on the veterans list though? Is his ten years at the club around already? Time flies.

The Coon Dog
27-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Is Eagleton able to go on the veterans list though? Is his ten years at the club around already? Time flies.

Yes, in 2010.