PDA

View Full Version : Ins and Outs Versus Richmond

bulldogtragic
30-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Tough with such a good win.

Not sure about DFA, Bob or Tommy.

But i question the worth of Josh Hill the last few weeks. He might get looked at?

LostDoggy
30-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Hill was quiet today. Murph for Hill if available.

I like DFA but who do you drop? Callan Ward certainly isnt going anywhere.

Tough to get a run in this side!

Madone
30-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe give Johnno or Aker a rest to help freshen their legs up

The Coon Dog
30-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't be dropping Hill. Thought he did some good things in tight today, not great, but I certainly wouldn't drop him on today's effort. Should have punched from behind at one stage though.

mighty_west
30-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Will Welsh have a holiday for a few weeks? His bump looked a bit reckless.

comrade
30-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Maybe give Johnno or Aker a rest to help freshen their legs up

Last week they were our most influential against the best team of the last 5 years. Wins are so crucial this year that you're tempting fate by resting star players.

The split round is coming up so they'll have an extended break where they can freshen up and set themselves for the run into finals.

G-Mo77
30-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Will Welsh have a holiday for a few weeks? His bump looked a bit reckless.

Seriouslly does any decent bump now get rubbed out? I thought there was nothing in it at all.

I'd be more worried about Shaggy's elbow on Bolton.

firstdogonthemoon
30-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Are you in a hurry to post the thread first? Do I have to look at "Ins and Our Versus Richmond" all week?

LostDoggy
30-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Are you in a hurry to post the thread first? Do I have to look at "Ins and Our Versus Richmond" all week?

What are you talking about?

My round 22 ins and outs:

In: Murphy
Out: Eagleton

LostDoggy
30-05-2009, 08:50 PM
If Williams is available, then i would drop Tiller.

I don't think Murphy will be back anytime soon, will he?

Happy Days
30-05-2009, 10:19 PM
If Williams is available, then i would drop Tiller.

I don't think Murphy will be back anytime soon, will he?

Agree with your call on Stevie T, but jeez is he stiff.

Murphy's still got a week to go, and I'd think he'd come back via Williamstown.

firstdogonthemoon
30-05-2009, 11:15 PM

I am talking about the title of the thread.

Jasper
30-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Tough with such a good win.

Not sure about DFA, Bob or Tommy.

But i question the worth of Josh Hill the last few weeks. He might get looked at?

The Williamstown game might tell a few stories but my guess is that there would be no more than one change.

AndrewP6
31-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Slightly off topic, but is Ben Cousins stupid or what? After everything he's gone through just to be allowed to play again, he gives the camera the finger... simply stupid.

Remi Moses
31-05-2009, 02:06 AM
nothing in the Welsh incident,should receive a slap for bumping that pest Crouch.

soupman
31-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Care to justify why you would drop Eagleton?

My selections would be Murphy in for Welsh, who I think will be suspended. Thats provided Murphy is fit obviously. I also predict Tommygun will come in for Tiller, but I'm not sure I want to drop Tiller.

Mantis
31-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I would be seriously looking at giving Gilbee a rest. His ankle obviously isn't right and he doesn't strike me as a player who can play with a niggle.

LostDoggy
31-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Is Murphy going to be right to come back this week? What about Dylan Addison and Tommy Williams? Tim Callan also apparently played a good game at Williamstown.

Happy Days
31-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Is Murphy going to be right to come back this week? What about Dylan Addison and Tommy Williams? Tim Callan also apparently played a good game at Williamstown.

Williams shoud be alright. According to the club he is a dead cert to play.

Addison won't be playing next week. He was okay today but he needs a bit longer a spell.

Callan was just about BOG, and probably should come in to accomodate for Gilbee.

In: Callan, Williams
Out: Gilbee, Tiller

lemmon
31-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I wouldnt mind giving Tommy another week rest even if hes right, Richmond probably only has one guy who's over 6'3 in their forward line in Riewoldt so he probably wont be needed.

I'd be looking at going in unchanged against Richmond.

becmatty
31-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Williams and Tiller not required against the toothless tigers, no match ups for them.

So, should only be one change.

Murphy in
Tiller out

Tim Callan will be an unlucky emergency, but too hard to force his way in.

LostDoggy
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
OUT: Tiller, Hill
IN: Williams, Murphy

I don't think Hill warrants automatic selection each week and he has gone quiet to me. I'd much rather have Williams and Murhpy in the team and the two I listed are most likely to go out. Callan is also very unlucky that Harbrow put in a great game.

Sedat
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Williams and Tiller not required against the toothless tigers, no match ups for them.
They were truly toothless in Round 1, but in every game since then they have shown patches of good form (interspersed with some top-drawer crapness it must be said). Their midfield looks much better on paper than it did in Round 3, featuring a better mix of grunt and polish. As such, I wouldn't expect them to cough it up anywhere near as often as they did on Easter Monday. IMO they are better than 2-8 would suggest.

We set the bar for intensity of effort against Geelong, and if we match that level for the majority of Friday night we should win comfortably. But we can't expect just to turn up and collect the 4 points.

Agree that we don't need the key defensive cover this week, so I'd be inclined to err on the side of running depth to counter Richmond's recent strength in the middle.

dog town
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
They were truly toothless in Round 1, but in every game since then they have shown patches of good form (interspersed with some top-drawer crapness it must be said). Their midfield looks much better on paper than it did in Round 3, featuring a better mix of grunt and polish. As such, I wouldn't expect them to cough it up anywhere near as often as they did on Easter Monday. IMO they are better than 2-8 would suggest.

We set the bar for intensity of effort against Geelong, and if we match that level for the majority of Friday night we should win comfortably. But we can't expect just to turn up and collect the 4 points.

Agree that we don't need the key defensive cover this week, so I'd be inclined to err on the side of running depth to counter Richmond's recent strength in the middle. I agree Sedat. They could easily be sitting in the 8 the tigers. We should be a bit strong for them but they are far from the worst side going around. Pretty good inside from the games I have seen.

ledge
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM
They worry me, even when they are shit they give us hell, dare i say dont be surprised if we lose.
Its my nightmare.

BulldogBelle
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Tigers have a presso at 12.30 today. -sen

bulldogtragic
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Out: Wallace.

In: ???

Mofra
01-06-2009, 02:01 PM
No change, unless a niggle forces Callan in who was good yesterday. If Gilbee is out with a niggle, I'd be tempted to give Everitt a run as his disposal was sublime, and I'm not sure the other defenders (save Shaggy) have the disposal to play quarterback, although Harbrow does this with run.

Addison should not come in, I though he was close to the worst Bulldogs listed player at Willy yesterday.

Tiller would be stiff, I thought his game was better than most give him credit for.

mighty_west
01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Welsh & Lake both cop a week, Welsh for his bump on Crouch & Lake for tripping, had a prior.

Scorlibo
01-06-2009, 05:52 PM
If Murph isn't ready do we give Grant another run? Sounds as though he worked quite hard at Willi on the weekend.

chef
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Out Lake, Welsh and Tiller
In Williams, Murphy and Callan

Callan to play on Nahas who's been in good form.

Rance Fan
01-06-2009, 05:58 PM
If Lake is reported, Williams if still not 100%, Tiller id drop - Id bring in Everitt or Wight.
Murph in for Welsh (reported)
Callan in for Gilbee if needed

Dazza
01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Did they really get reported?

AndrewP6
01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Out: Wallace.

In: ???

:D:D:D Hilarious call.

IMHO - Out : Wallace In: Campbell

LostDoggy
01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Out
Welsh Suspended
Lake Suspended

In
Williams
Murphy

Chef Harbrow will look after Nahas

Go_Dogs
01-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Could be a terrific matchup. Have followed Nahas pretty closely over the last month, and he is electrifying. Looks to be a good player, and one who can kick a bag.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Could be a terrific matchup. Have followed Nahas pretty closely over the last month, and he is electrifying. Looks to be a good player, and one who can kick a bag.

Nahas has done pretty well and if he was in a better side surrounded by better delivery, one could only feel he'd be even better. Richardson not playing can't help his type of role either, but he's done a pretty good job for them IMO.

Harbrow is the perfect match-up and it'll be interesting to see them head to head. Both very quick and can change direction on one step.

GVGjr
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM

I think there is a case to say that Callan might be the better match-up for Nahas and Harbrow on someone else.

Sedat
01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
I think there is a case to say that Callan might be the better match-up for Nahas and Harbrow on someone else.
Hargrave could also be an option for Nahas, if his near 100% blanket job on Milne last year is any indication.

GVGjr
01-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Hargrave could also be an option for Nahas, if his near 100% blanket job on Milne last year is any indication.

My assumption was that with Lake out I think Morris and Hargrave might be required on a couple of the Richmond taller guys. Riewoldt has caused us problems in the past so we might not have the luxury of pitting a 190cm player like Hargrave against the 176cm Nahas.

Sedat
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
My assumption was that with Lake out I think Morris and Hargrave might be required on a couple of the Richmond taller guys. Riewoldt has caused us problems in the past so we might not have the luxury of pitting a 190cm player like Hargrave against the 176cm Nahas.
Has he? I don't remember how he played against us in the drawn game last year, but in round 3 this year Williams completely blanketed him - he ended up with only about 7 or 8 possessions and was a complete non-factor.

Of course my Hargrave on nahas suggestion is predicated on Williams being available to come back into the side this week. If not, you're dead right and we'll need Hargy and Morris to 'play tall' this week.

boydogs
01-06-2009, 11:26 PM

I don't think Hargrave is the match up for Nahas but we will by no means be stretched for height by Richmond's forwardline. Williams, Morris, Hargrave, Tiller and Everitt are still available.

Rocco Jones
01-06-2009, 11:39 PM

I would prefer to play an extra tall defender than play Shaggy on a tall opponent. Forget about Shaggy's height, the role that fits him best is playing against small forwards. He has done some great jobs against very dangerous small forwards in the past 12 months, I actually think he is the most underrated player on our list.

Mitch Morton is another potential dangerous match up. He can be a bit slack with his defensive pressure at times and I would put Shaggy on him and try to burn him going the other way. Nahas forward line defensive pressure is as good as it gets.

Richmond don't have many tall forwards anyway do they? I actually think Morris is more suited on a guy like Jack Riewoldt (or Nick, Pav or Fev for that matter) than a clever quick small forward like Nahas. Not sure whether we can find a match up for both Williams and Tiller such is the smaller structure of their forward line.

I would go with:
Morris on Riewoldt
Shaggy on Morton
Harbrow on Nahas
Tiller/Williams on Pattinson/Simmonds

GVGjr
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Has he? I don't remember how he played against us in the drawn game last year, but in round 3 this year Williams completely blanketed him - he ended up with only about 7 or 8 possessions and was a complete non-factor.

Of course my Hargrave on nahas suggestion is predicated on Williams being available to come back into the side this week. If not, you're dead right and we'll need Hargy and Morris to 'play tall' this week.

Young Jack kicked a few goals against us from memory and he looked alright on Saturday night. I rate him as a decent prospect so perhaps I'm just giving him too much respect.

Max469
01-06-2009, 11:54 PM
They worry me, even when they are shit they give us hell, dare i say dont be surprised if we lose.
Its my nightmare.

My sentiments exactly. They will be out to prove something now.

If we are contenders we need to put them away.

Forget about the "Sacked Coach Syndrome" and just get on with it.

Harbrow should play on Nahas.

BulldogBelle
02-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Williams shoud be alright. According to the club he is a dead cert to play.

Maybe not - WESTERN BULLDOGS (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25572358-19742,00.html) defender Tom Williams will miss Friday's clash against Richmond with a foot injury.

But then again...not everything we read in the paper is correct.

LostDoggy
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
So if Williams doesn't play you'd think that Everitt would have to come in? I hope Williams can get up, we really need him, especially with Lake out.

chef
02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I would go with:
Morris on Riewoldt
Shaggy on Morton
Harbrow on Nahas
Tiller/Williams on Pattinson/Simmonds

Doesn't Shaggy usually get Judas?

Mofra
02-06-2009, 02:47 PM
So if Williams doesn't play you'd think that Everitt would have to come in? I hope Williams can get up, we really need him, especially with Lake out.
Everitt should be able to get the job done, I find his real weakness is body on body work which isn't a forte of too many Richmond forwards. Provided he gets to run at it to spoil, his defensive work will be right. His rebound will be a handy addition if he comes in.

G-Mo77
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe not - WESTERN BULLDOGS (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25572358-19742,00.html) defender Tom Williams will miss Friday's clash against Richmond with a foot injury.

Maybe so - :D

Ryan Hargrave, Dale Morris and Tom Williams (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25574896-19742,00.html) all missed Dogs' training today but Eade said he expects Williams to play.

He also said Robert Murphy was expected to return from a hamstring injury.

ledge
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I think we should look at our forwards on their backman as match ups because thats where it will be won, in our forward line not theirs.
If Murphy plays he will have a blinder against this mob.

Happy Days
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM

I read this today too..can't help but feel for the bloke.

LostDoggy
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I think we should look at our forwards on their backman as match ups because thats where it will be won, in our forward line not theirs.
If Murphy plays he will have a blinder against this mob.

I hope so, but you'd think he'd need to get consecutive games under his belt first.

boydogs
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Out: Welsh, Tiller
In: Murphy, Williams

comrade
03-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Why not give Murph a longer break and bring him back after the split round, fit and firing for the run home? His body is struggling to cope and I'm concerned we're bringing him back too soon.

I'd bring Williams in and play Tiller forward where he can take a grab but also bring a good defensive work rate to ensure the ball doesn't get out too easily.

If Murph does play I hope he proves me wrong, plays a corker and finishes the game full of running.

boydogs
03-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Why not give Murph a longer break and bring him back after the split round, fit and firing for the run home? His body is struggling to cope and I'm concerned we're bringing him back too soon.

I'd bring Williams in and play Tiller forward where he can take a grab but also bring a good defensive work rate to ensure the ball doesn't get out too easily.

If Murph does play I hope he proves me wrong, plays a corker and finishes the game full of running.

Not a bad alternative, but a fit Murphy would likely outperform Tiller and we need our best side out there to give ourselves the best chance of winning games. Depends whether he is fit enough to perform well and whether bringing him back earlier includes a high risk of injury or delayed recovery to beyond round 13 after the break

Mantis
03-06-2009, 08:39 AM

Not a bad idea and one which I would think the match committee would be giving some serious thought, but if he doesn't play this week you would think that he wouldn't play at the highest level until after the break which would be too long a break. Going by Eade's comments in the past Murf is seen as an extremely important player and I'm sure they wouldn't be playing him if he was underdone with a muscle injury.

I also hope that they are thinking about giving Gilbee a rest, his ankle seemed to really bother him on the weekend and it seemed that his lack of confidence in the injury effected his performance.

bornadog
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
In: Williams, Murphy

Out: Welsh, Tiller

Sedat
03-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Murph's problem is double-edged; not only is he recovering from injury, he also desperately needs to get some match fitness under his belt. In reality, he has only played 5 quarters of productive football for us this season as he was extremely rusty in his first couple of matches. Factor in his virtual non-preseason and he needs to get some miles on the clock ASAP.

I totally agree with you that if he's not quite 100% for Friday night (and 20 days is touch and go for a hammy) then rest him. But he should definitely come into the team next week. I'd also give him a run for Willy during the mid-season break so that he can maintain his continuity and continue to ramp up to 100% match conditioning for the latter part of the season.

LostDoggy
03-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Put the best injury free side in we have available. We need the 4 points!

AndrewP6
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Just read on Supercoach that Browny and Robin Nahas will miss the match tomorrow...awww, what a shame...Jordan McMahon has been named...