PDA

View Full Version : Slaps and Sledges - Sydney

bulldogtragic
30-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Slaps:

1st Half. WOW.
Harbrow. DFA may have stif competition for that role down back.
Gia answered some questions
Welsh - What value for money with a PSD pick.
Eagle - Took some hits today for the team and did some nice tings
Ward - Coming on nicely.
Tiller - Although Goodes sliced and diced him, he never stopped trying. I think he will learn a lot form that and i'm glad Eade gave him the opportunity to spend a long time on him for his education.
Backline generaly - Lake good, Morris outstanding, Picken has courage.

Sledges:

Didn't put them away in the 2nd half.
Josh Hill - Love the boy, but not sure what he has done to be a certain starter with some many top tier players out and due to return.
Selling home games. But if we need to, we need to.

Rance Fan
30-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Slaps:

1st Half. WOW.
Harbrow. DFA may have stif competition for that role down back.
Gia answered some questions
Welsh - What value for money with a PSD pick.
Eagle - Took some hits today for the team and did some nice tings
Ward - Coming on nicely.
Tiller - Although Goodes sliced and diced him, he never stopped trying. I think he will learn a lot form that and i'm glad Eade gave him the opportunity to spend a long time on him for his education.
Backline generaly - Lake good, Morris outstanding, Picken has courage.

Sledges:

Josh Hill - Love the boy, but not sure what he has done to be a certain starter with some many top tier players out and due to return.

Slaps -I agree for the most part. I thought Minson was great also and Morris killed em. Even Hahn showed some good form.
Sledges - Aker had a quiet one, Hill had a poor one and i dont think Tiller is up to the grade. Lake - 6 goals against him - not great!

Overall good tough win, but ideally wouldnt of been nice if we won all the quarters. Still if you said we'd beat Sydney by 40 at the start of the game id take that!

comrade
30-05-2009, 06:43 PM
4 wins in a row against a team that were a huge bogey up until last year.

LostDoggy
30-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Slaps- Harbrow and Ward:)

Sledge- Backline were a bit loose besides Morris and Harbrow!

Great win but should have really put them away in the second half:D

ratsmac
30-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I really loved the way the fellas went about it today. Their attack on the ball was first class. 2nd Half was definalty a let down, although we kept them at bay like all the good sides do. It was a good win with Acka and Johnno down a bit. Mitch Hahn is finally coming into form, I thought he could of got dropped a couple of weeks back. Well done dogs, it wont be long now that we will be back to our very best (for 4 quarters anyhow).

Scorlibo
30-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Slaps- Harbrow and Ward:)

Sledge- Backline were a bit loose besides Morris and Harbrow!

Great win but should have really put them away in the second half:D

Can't say I agree with the backline being loose, I thought they mopped up really well if they didn't mark it - Lake was at his best today.

Jasper
30-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Sledges:

I'd add Harbrows turnover in the 3rd quarter when he was under no pressure at all. He must have missed his man by 20 metres.

Remi Moses
31-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Slaps Gia best match for the season
Higgins For a player half fit [allegedly] he was great
hargrave Very good early
Ist half was outstanding intensity as good as last week.
350,000 in the back pocket
harbrow run from the back half is vital
LRT was outstanding for us

Sledges- None 4 pts had of said at 2.10 we'd win by 7 goals i'd be pleased:D
the second half we dropped off,but we're playing a well coached club with quality players still at it's disposal
Sledge Hall and his bluster,barry it's becoming tedious players are allowed to tackle you without the tough guy B/S from yourself.

Remi Moses
31-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I'd add Harbrows turnover in the 3rd quarter when he was under no pressure at all. He must have missed his man by 20 metres.

The sledge ledger would amount to thousands if you put turnovers in.

LostDoggy
31-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Can't say I agree with the backline being loose, I thought they mopped up really well if they didn't mark it - Lake was at his best today.

Didn't Barry Hall kick 6 goals:confused:

hujsh
31-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Didn't Barry Hall kick 6 goals:confused:

As strange as it sounds i though Lake still did well on Hall regularly beating him in one on one contests. Once we took the foot off the pedal he got a few opportunities which he took well but for the most part Lake did his job well IMO

LostDoggy
31-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Slap
Higgins double tackle from the ground
To myself for having Ward on the bench but not emerg in my SC team
The ability to kick 13 goals in a row against the tight playing swans

Sledge
LRT trying to push Minno around..what a tool.
Last half fadeout..10 goal win was very possible

aker39
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Slaps

Callan Ward
Jarrod Harbrow
Great defensive pressure for the 2nd week in a row
Manuka Oval - like being back at the Whitten Oval (only prettier)
Backing the dogs to win by more than 39.5 points

Sledge

7 hour drive home yesterday

Mantis
01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Slaps

Callan Ward
Jarrod Harbrow
Great defensive pressure for the 2nd week in a row
Manuka Oval - like being back at the Whitten Oval (only prettier)

Sledge

7 hour drive home yesterday

Our second qtr was clinical (I think we discussed that at 1/2 time when I saw you). Our attack on the ball & the player with the ball was first class. We out-numbered the Swans at every contest and through sheer weight of numbers and effort we forced the ball forward and used it well when doing so.

Sedat
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I missed Saturday's game but strange things continue to happen in 2nd quarters against the Swans - from memory we kicked 8 goals to 1 at the SCG early in 2008 and the return bout in Canberra later in the season was 7 goals to 1 in our favour. Now you can throw 8 goals to zip into the mix. We seem to be the only team that has the capacity to score very heavily in a short space of time against a team that is noted for their ability to shut games down.

Must have been poetry in motion to watch our team kick 13 unanswered goals over a 40 minute purple patch.

aker39
01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Must have been poetry in motion to watch our team kick 13 unanswered goals over a 40 minute purple patch.

I can assure it was.

The best day I've had at the footy in a long time.

bulldogtragic
01-06-2009, 10:26 AM
As strange as it sounds i though Lake still did well on Hall regularly beating him in one on one contests. Once we took the foot off the pedal he got a few opportunities which he took well but for the most part Lake did his job well IMO
I think this is the absolute perfect example of midfield dropping pressure and defence paying the cost. Some over the past few years would blame the defensive unit for large scores kicked against us. Whilst some argued it was not Lake and others fault as the midfield were not putting the pressure on upfield to help them out.

Lake beat Baz, no dubt for me. Especially in the 1st half. When we have midfield pressure and possession, and whenever the ball did come down Lake was great. However, in the second half when the midfield pressure dropped slightly, and the ball was was more easily entering the swans 50 and Barry got some goos passes, Lake was helpless to do anything. Lake can't stop Hall to a lead on a bullet pass, others up the ground ideally wold have been in the position to put the swans kicker under more pressure to hopefully make the kick less effective and give Lake a chance at spoiling.

craigsahibee
01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Sledges

Kingston Hotel kitchen staff. Waited over an hour for them to cook 2 pizzas before the game. How long does it take to take the plastic off a McCain frozen pizza and whack it in the oven?

Desipura
01-06-2009, 11:25 AM
slap: Ward & Harbrow
sledge: Minson pulling out of contest by going for a mark one handed. Was right in front of me. Did not look good at all..........

LostDoggy
01-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Slaps

How much were those odds btw? Veryyyy lucky to get over line there :)

aker39
01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
How much were those odds btw? Veryyyy lucky to get over line there :)

$4.50

Sedat
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
The best day I've had at the footy in a long time.
I'm tipping that point by Welsh in the last minute topped off the day beautifully.

aker39
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm tipping that point by Welsh in the last minute topped off the day beautifully.

Absolutely.

I very rarely bet on the footy, but it made the last quarter very interesting.