PDA

View Full Version : Cooney - he needs to Fire up a bit!!!

bornadog
31-05-2009, 11:55 PM
We Know Cooney had the injury early on but I think he has just about got over it. Some how the boy needs to fire up a bit and become arrogant, and show how good he really is. He is still picking up 20 plus possessions but we need more from him. Against Geelong, he just accepted the tag from Ling. Against the SWans he did some very nice things, but really, with his ability, pace and skills, he should be doing a Gary Ablett.

Come on Cooney fire up son, start dominating, brush off the tag, get aggressive and take us to a top four finish, you are the X factor!

mighty_west
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Thought he was very good on the weekend, one of our best, that goal, snap with the left foot was a ripper, his goal against the Cats was also a beauty.

Really starting to show some good form, although i think Ling was still holding onto him in Canberra, not many get away from that cheat.

Looking forward to his second half of the season, and hit peak form come September.

The Coon Dog
01-06-2009, 11:02 AM
I heard Rocket on SEN this morning & he said we'll only really start to see the best on Coons after the mid season break.

AndrewP6
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I think he's coming back to top form. We've seen a few glimpses...Just have a feeling....

The Bulldogs Bite
01-06-2009, 07:32 PM
As long as he isn't injured, I have no problem easing him back to full fitness. He's had no pre-season and so it's going to take half a year at the least to see him get back to his '08 form.

He seems to be slowly improving which is a good sign. I'd expect to see him travelling near full fitness at around R15/16 which would be timed perfectly.

His injury (and Murphs) hurt us in last years Finals.

ledge
01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
How quick was the snap on Saturday? You know its coming when he starts that stuff.

bornadog
02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
He needs to dominate, he just seems a bit like he is holding back. The injury has slowed him down a bit and he is regaining his confidence.

hujsh
03-06-2009, 09:11 PM
He is The Coon (http://www.ohfck.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/the-coon.jpg)

ledge
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
He is The Coon (http://www.ohfck.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/the-coon.jpg)

Thats hilarious .. now there is a t shirt screaming to be made!

LostDoggy
03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
He's getting better but he is still well short on last years form. Once he hits his straps we will be able to mix it with the Saints and Cats.

bornadog
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
I think we started to see a bit of last year in Cooney, great second half picking up huge possessions in the third quarter. Some wonderful long passes and some great handballs.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I think we started to see a bit of last year in Cooney, great second half picking up huge possessions in the third quarter. Some wonderful long passes and some great handballs.
And a goal.

alwaysadog
06-06-2009, 09:34 PM
After a Brownlow what he needs is a Premiership Medal and they are won on September form, let's hope they'll have him peaking then and not limping through the final series.

LostDoggy
06-06-2009, 09:43 PM
After a Brownlow what he needs is a Premiership Medal and they are won on September form, let's hope they'll have him peaking then and not limping through the final series.

That cost us dearly last season.