PDA

View Full Version : Slaps and Sledges - Richmond

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Slaps - 2nd half

Sledges - 1st half

Slaps:

Liam Picken & Harbrow. Between them DFA might find getting back into the side takes some seriously good games in a row at Willi.

Johno - Leading all night.

Eagle - His gut running is amazing. He sprinted 100 twice to get a shot on goal for 1.1

Ward - For the soon to be de-listed McMahon. hahahahahahaha. Great deal for us.

Huddo - Showing some bastard.

Coons - Lifted tonight

Sledges:

Tiller - Makes some poor mistakes. Dropped a mark 1 metre out that led to a goal at a crucial stage. When there is stiff competition for spots, these errors can lead to dropping?

Happy Days
06-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Slaps

The 2nd Half

Eagle's hard running in the last quarter

Hill's 4th term

Coons' game

Harbrow's run off the back flank

Picken adding another string to his bow by being damaging going forward

Pretty much everyone else

Sledges

2nd quarter fade.

Stevie T - Horrid hands and decision making

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I'd like to add a slap for Big Will tonight,

got plenty of taps, good in tight and contributed several clearances.

Slap for Boydy too, this season has seen him improve the offensive side to his game to compliment his great work inside.

And a slap too for Guido again his intelligence with the ball going forward was very good and his finishing was superb.

Team slap for putting a team to the sword for once and going on with the job.

Sledge -Tiller sloppy hands, needs to get the basics right, dropped 2 sitters under no pressure. Can't fault his effort, but maybe just not concentrating enough.

bornadog
06-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Slaps 2nd quarter fade.

actually last 7 minutes fade of second qrt

lemmon
06-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Slaps-
Cooney- Fought his way back into the game well
Johnson- Worked hard all night, further up the ground
Ward- What a little beauty this kid will be, wins the hard ball, clearances, tackles and good enough disposal to be an outside runner
Picken- Take that Deledio
Harbrow- Run out of the backline was a feature
Minson- Better game tonight
Eagle- Worked hard, used the ball well

Sledges-
Tiller- Felt like he was just keeping the spot warm for Tommy boy
Griffen- First half was putrid, the boy simply doesnt work hard enough and it's a shame because he has all the tools to be a champ. Tonight I would've strapped him to Ben Cousins and taught him what gut running is
Defensive midfield running (first half)- Non existant

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Slap:

Just watching the replay, Aker's change of kick from 50 from shot at goal to pass to Gia (who goaled). Amazing skill. Simply amazing.

I don't think you can teach some of the things he does.

AND

re: Hudson's biff. The replay showed Simmonds roughing up Ward around the head. Without blinking he ran over and grabbed Simmonds by the throat, via the jumper and gave it to him. I love when our big boys wont take our pups being roughed up. We need that tough edge and it was great to see Hudson standing up for the pups.

G-Mo77
06-06-2009, 02:34 AM
re: Hudson's biff. The replay showed Simmonds roughing up Ward around the head. Without blinking he ran over and grabbed Simmonds by the throat, via the jumper and gave it to him. I love when our big boys wont take our pups being roughed up. We need that tough edge and it was great to see Hudson standing up for the pups.

Just watched the replay of that on Fox a little while ago. Loved it!

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Just watched the replay of that on Fox a little while ago. Loved it!
Watching it I had memories of Kritter and Southern and an edge to our outfit that said don't even try to tough stuff with us, we more than hold our own. Hudson aggressively took on Simmonds every time he tried to rough up Ward in particular. And Lake wrestled a few times too over the same thing. I hope we have got that edge to our team now. But alas, there was no 'white-line fever' from Minno :(

Great stuff isn't it. The statement of: You touch my (young) team mate, and i grab you by the throat by pulling your jumper tight and give it back twice as hard. (Effectively done it can knock you out if you hold it long enough)

AndrewP6
06-06-2009, 02:44 AM
SLAPS
Johnno... work rate as high as anyone. Ran hard, lead well.
Aker, for that "changed my mind" kick to Gia. God, he's awesome.
Harbrow - provided great run. Took opponents on, made them work harder defensively.
Cooney - to paraphrase another club "They know he's coming!"
Griff - for working his way into the contest.

SLEDGES
The entire team for giving me heart palpitations throughout the first half!
Tiller - costly errors...just not up to it right now.
Fans who walk in part way through a quarter, and then stand in my line of sight while they "find a seat" (Choose one of the 20,000 empty ones you clown!)
Jarrod Harbrow's shorts - how bloody big are they? Just plain silly.

G-Mo77
06-06-2009, 02:47 AM
Watching it I had memories of Kritter and Southern and an edge to our outfit that said don't even try to tough stuff with us, we more than hold our own. Hudson aggressively took on Simmonds every time he tried to rough up Ward in particular. And Lake wrestled a few times too over the same thing. I hope we have got that edge to our team now. But alas, there was no 'white-line fever' from Minno :(

Great stuff isn't it. The statement of: You touch my (young) team mate, and i grab you by the throat by pulling your jumper tight and give it back twice as hard. (Effectively done it can knock you out if you hold it long enough)

There was a little when he tackled a player in front of the Richmond ferals. He does it more subtlely now.

boydogs
06-06-2009, 02:55 AM
There was a little when he tackled a player in front of the Richmond ferals. He does it more subtlely now.

Yep Will had 9 tackles tonight, 4 more than anyone else, he always makes a point of letting them know he's got them

G-Mo77
06-06-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm going to give a huge SLAP to Liam Picken for his work tonight and the last game against the Tiges.

Clearly Picken was still in Dids' head even before the game started, not only did he hardly get a touch tonight he dropped 2 easy marks because Liam was close behind him. It amazes me this kid is a first year player. To come in on your rookie season and have that effect on a seasoned AFL player is remarkable.

Hard work does pay off!

Remi Moses
06-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Slaps- Picken tore the overrated pick 1 a new one
Slaps- Wallace for trading pick 19
Slaps- Eagleton I thought he was good tonight
Slaps-Ward going to be a star
Slaps- Higgins Bruce is right gunna be a future champion
Slaps - Jonno worked his arse off tonight great captains game
Slaps - Second half lifted the intensity

Sledges- 1st half treated the game like a non contact sport.
Sledges - Steve Tiller looked a touch ordinary on occassions tonight

immortalmike
06-06-2009, 04:40 AM
Slaps: The team in the red, white and blue in the second half.
Johnno, Harbrow, Cooney and Picken.

Sledges: The media- apparently Richmond lost to themselves last night.
Tiller- spoil the thing mate.
10 minutes of the second quarter.
Umpires- choose one rule interpretation and stick to it

Topdog
06-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Slaps - can't really add anything that others havn't mentioned.

Sledges - Terry and Ch 7 making this game all about him.
Rocket for making Griffen tag Tuck? at one stage in the 2nd quarter - as mentioned above should have tagged Cousins.
Griffen for making Rocket give Griffen a taggin role.
15 AFL clubs for making Ben Cousins play at Richmond. He is oh so wasted there.

lemmon
06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
15 AFL clubs for making Ben Cousins play at Richmond. He is oh so wasted there.
You can tell he's still got it, seemed a cut above any Richmond player when he had the ball tonight. He's definitely not a spent force.

ledge
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
You can tell he's still got it, seemed a cut above any Richmond player when he had the ball tonight. He's definitely not a spent force.

And he was doing it in his sleep, did you catch the yawn as he woke up on the bench?

boydogs
06-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Slaps

Finishing Richmond off in the last quarter for a 10 goal win
Not letting the occasion get to them or trying to start anything that would distract from the game
Moving Picken to all 3 sections of the ground to continue owning Deledio and Picken for doing it
The half time address - Richmond kicked the last 4 before it, we kicked the next 7 after it. I was pretty riled at half time and that third quarter was just the antidote
Shaun Higgins kicking a goal, going off to the rooms, then coming back and kicking our next goal. You could probably thank the jab he must have gotten but to come straight back on and kick another was tough stuff

Sledges

Letting Morton kick Richmond's first 3 goals
Defensive work from Cooney on Jackson
Putting Cross on Cousins - not quick enough - Griffen was the man
Stephen Tiller's game
Playing Brennan Stack ahead of Grant & O'Keefe