PDA

View Full Version : Anything interesting about these little things?

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Re: Wallace.

Life member at WBFC. No recognition, nor guard of honour. Nor should there have been in my opinion.

And as my wife pointed out to me, as Wallace left the ground, none of the Richmond players were NOT clapping him or showing any emotion. I thought that was very interesting once that was mentioned to me.

Oh, and all the Tigers fans that left early, not staying the applaud him for his service...

LostDoggy
06-06-2009, 01:30 AM
We were all more interested in clapping Hargs off.

With Wallet, I think the term 'persona non grata' comes to mind.

Remember, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. No insult could be greater than just being plain ignored, and not even intentionally at that.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 01:32 AM

Remember, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. No insult could be greater than just being plain ignored, and not even intentionally at that.
That is true. Near where Wallet went off i could hear some booing too. But the cheer form the other end for Shaggy was soo loud.

Throughandthrough
06-06-2009, 01:46 AM
You are either with us, or against us.

hujsh
06-06-2009, 02:25 AM

I've been thinking this and believe it works even more effectively on a guy like Wallace.

As a side note i vote that this be the last Wallace thread for at least 2 months

G-Mo77
06-06-2009, 02:42 AM

That seemed to be the trend of the night. I noticed small pockets of booing here and there as well as some distant singing of Hey, Hey, Hey, Goodbye but not many of our supporteres really cared.

Shaggy got a great send off. Nice to see him get some real apprectiation from the fans. He's been a great player for us over the years and does not get enough credit.

G-Mo77
06-06-2009, 02:43 AM
As a side note i vote that this be the last Wallace thread for at least 2 months

I'd rather not hear about him at all anymore. Sick of it after this week!

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 02:45 AM
I agree. Karma has settled things nicely in our favour. I think going to the game and seeing it was carthartic and I can let go, and focus on the future of debating which local cabinet makers the club should use to extend the trophy case :)

AndrewP6
06-06-2009, 02:47 AM

We might well be critiquing his media work soon!:)

comrade
06-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I agree. Karma has settled things nicely in our favour. I think going to the game and seeing it was carthartic and I can let go, and focus on the future of debating which local cabinet makers the club should use to extend the trophy case :)

BT, there's plenty of room in our trophy case, just needs a good dusting :)

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
BT, there's plenty of room in our trophy case, just needs a good dusting :)
Touche' :)

ledge
06-06-2009, 02:19 PM
My question , why were they clapping him off if it was them that wanted him gone? or were they clapping because he was gone?
Noticed him laughing and carrying on in the box all game, now there is a coach who cares, embarrassing.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Love the banner too. "Thanks Terry. Good bye and good luck".

May as well said "Don't let the door hit you in the arse Terry".

boydogs
06-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Love the banner too. "Thanks Terry. Good bye and good luck".

May as well said "Don't let the door hit you in the arse Terry".

It was 'Thanks Tiger Terry'
They can have him...

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 04:08 PM
It was 'Thanks Tiger Terry'
They can have him...
Happy to be corrected :)