PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane v Carlton - Fight for 4th behind us

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Pretenders or contenders?

And god i wish Brennan slipped one more spot on draft day. We got Tim Walsh and Brisbane got Brennan. And he's putting on a clinic tonight as an aside.

LostDoggy
06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
That third goal from Brennan, magic.

LostDoggy
06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
If Carlton wins tonight, and it looks they are going to, they will be one game behind us with better percentage. We can't afford to drop a game.

LostDoggy
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Just watching it on TV. If Carlton doesn't have the umpiring department on the payroll, I'll eat my hat.

So many obvious frees don't go their opponents' way every week, and they pick up every 50-50, but the umps get tied into knots trying to even up the free kick count so that doesn't look too obvious, but just end up paying soft ones to their opponents in undamaging areas.

Can't tell you how many throws Judd and Murphy get away with every week.

comrade
06-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Rubbish umpring. Brendan Fevola's 'shush'. Obnoxious supporters mugging for the camera.

God, I hate Carlton.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm happy with the result. Leaves us a game clear. Hopefully the Saints can hit the Blues percentage next week, and we knock off Port. Leaves us a game clear with good percentage.

boydogs
06-06-2009, 11:09 PM
If Carlton wins tonight, and it looks they are going to, they will be one game behind us with better percentage. We can't afford to drop a game.

Brisbane would have been 7-4 along with us had they won, Carlton only 1.01% ahead of us on percentage and a game behind still after winning tonight. If we lose to Port and Carlton win next week, they will probably take third but bear in mind they are playing the Saints

bulldogtragic
26-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Brisbane contenders.

Carlton - pretenders.

I hope James Hird and the others that were talking 'Fab 4' make a public apology. Comparing the Brisbane champs to this mob.

69 point thumping by Essendon. Ouch.

LostDoggy
27-06-2009, 12:01 AM

:eek:Ya gotta love it. That'll hurt the pride and percentage, one for you John Elliott!:D

LostDoggy
27-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Brisbane contenders.

Carlton - pretenders.

I hope James Hird and the others that were talking 'Fab 4' make a public apology. Comparing the Brisbane champs to this mob.

You beat me to it.

BUT GO FAB 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are coming and we're still waiting..
Can not wipe the smile off my face.

Go_Dogs
27-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Bombers looked very good last night, Carlton not so much. Good news all round.

bornadog
27-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Well thats the end of that, now who will be fighting for 4th?

bulldogtragic
27-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm affraid of Adelaide. Their run over the next month is pretty damn good. I'd have them 4th by round 17. Depends on how we play/win and how Brisbane and Collingwood go. The run home will be a close run thing, we will need to play well to keep 3rd (obvious statement i know).