PDA

View Full Version : Goal Celebrations

The Coon Dog
09-06-2009, 10:44 AM
There was a mention made on another thread about Eagle's double fist pump after kicking a goal on Friday night. Obviously, that's mild compared to some out there.

Who are some of the noted celebrators & who gets under your skin with it?

For me its Brett Peake at Freo, takes off at a million miles an hour to play up to the crowd.

Another is Kane Pettifer with his knee high run up & down on the spot.

Ozza
09-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm not overly keen on Eddie Betts saluting the crowd and obviously his mate Fev playing up as well.

Buddy is similar - kicks the goal and looks straight to the crowd rather than his teammates.

comrade
09-06-2009, 10:56 AM
No contest for me - Fev’s ‘shush’ to the crowd.

The entire history of Carlton arrogance summed up in one celebratory act.

Desipura
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Andrew Wills aeroplane back in the Freo days
Monty kissing his jumper after kicking a goal for us in an elimination final for memory.

And my favourite
Aker against Geelong in the wet at the Gabba. Kicked a goal from the boundary and put his hand over his mouth and looked to the crowd as if to say "oh my goodness, how did I do that?"

Mofra
09-06-2009, 12:04 PM
I wasn't a fan of Treadrea's phone celebration, may be just a general dislike for Warren.

Chad Cornes also overdoes it at times. I like Aker's point, understated but still acknowledges the crowd.

James Hird's hugging a fan is probably my favourite. That fan would've been over the moon for months.

Cyberdoggie
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of players pumping up their own tyres

Especially when the game is not over.

It reeks of arrogance and will inevitably come back to bite you on the a$$

The Coon Dog
09-06-2009, 12:56 PM
It reeks of arrogance and will inevitably come back to bite you on the a$$

Like it did with Judas.

LostDoggy
09-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm not overly keen on Eddie Betts saluting the crowd and obviously his mate Fev playing up as well.

Buddy is similar - kicks the goal and looks straight to the crowd rather than his teammates.

Umm, I always thought buddy made sure he looked to the big screen straight after his goal kicking :D Seems like he has an incredibly big head once he is out on the field (not sure what he is like off the field :)) - he is always checking out the big screen for a replay, etc.

Desipura
09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Like it did with Judas.

ah yes, the famous one finger salute vs Geelong was it not? Or did he show the opposition the footy just before he kicked a goal from the goal line?

bulldogtragic
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
For me it's anyone doing the over-the-top 'zeppo bullshit that the West Indies brought into the game' is annoying, ala Richomd a few weeks back. Or anyone copying EPL celebrations, ala Fev with the shoosh.

It has to be unique or in an underguarded moment or pure emotion, ala Aker's 'surprise' reaction at Brisbane with the snap against Geelong in the wet. Best celebration ever.

Scorlibo
09-06-2009, 02:28 PM
How about Dale Thomas playing Nancy or rather Daisy to Andrew Embley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzpHh3JX1E8

ledge
09-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I loved Lua Lua at Pompey when he did his head over heals deal and done an injury and missed the next week

G-Mo77
09-06-2009, 03:54 PM
How about Dale Thomas playing Nancy or rather Daisy to Andrew Embley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzpHh3JX1E8

I would just love to grab his head and give him a swift knee in the nose! :D

In reagrds to the topic. Nearly all of Freo's players playing at home, they all seem to go over the top in WA one of the reasons why I hate the Dockers. Brad Dick was getting up my nose yetserday as well!

Topdog
09-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I loved Lua Lua at Pompey when he did his head over heals deal and done an injury and missed the next week

Missed the next week? If my memory servers me correctly Lua Lua broke his leg with one of his celebrations.

Mantis
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Some of Rohan Smith's over the top celebrations used to get under my skin a little.

Shaun Higgins has a habit of looking for love in the crowd before celebrating with his team-mates or thanking the supplier. I suppose Aker is the same with the point to the crowd, but I guess thats his trademark and he always seeks out the supplier to give his thanks afterwards.

The Coon Dog
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
was it Wayne Campbell that snapped his achilles after an over the top celebration?

The Pie Man
09-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Some of Rohan Smith's over the top celebrations used to get under my skin a little.
Shaun Higgins has a habit of looking for love in the crowd before celebrating with his team-mates or thanking the supplier. I suppose Aker is the same with the point to the crowd, but I guess thats his trademark and he always seeks out the supplier to give his thanks afterwards.

Remember Bubba & Hudson dancing a waltz together at Subi? Equal parts cringe and funny.

In the opther footbal, Archie Thompson/Tim Cahill karate tricks at the corner flag always makes me laugh

ledge
09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Missed the next week? If my memory servers me correctly Lua Lua broke his leg with one of his celebrations.

yeah i missed the few in between next and weeks.

Point was as much as it was bad news it was funny as too

aker39
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I remember one goal that was celebrated quite well, only for it to be a point. :(:(:(

Dazza
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Minson loves to pump his fists after a goal.

Wonnameri(?) last year when he jumped up and did the double fist pump was a good moment.

bulldogtragic
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I remember one goal that was celebrated quite well, only for it to be a point. :(:(:(
Why would you hurt me like this, Why Aker?

I was having an ok day, and then this. :( (Only joking) I have never had a moment like that at the final siren, it's meant to be a game, but it felt like my heart was pulled out. Then talk about the obvious of celebration, with the ground punching.

azabob
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I wasn't a fan of Treadrea's phone celebration, may be just a general dislike for Warren.

Chad Cornes also overdoes it at times. I like Aker's point, understated but still acknowledges the crowd.

James Hird's hugging a fan is probably my favourite. That fan would've been over the moon for months.

I didn't mind that. I think it was his attempt at humour, but humour doesnt seem to suit him. From memory around that time he was copping flack for being to straight arrow and taking footy to seriously and wouldnt get excited at all when he or the team kicked a goal. i think it was his way of telling others to mind their own business.

LostDoggy
09-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Russell Robertson from Melbourne is always a bit of a show pony post-goal.

LostDoggy
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
No contest for me - Fev’s ‘shush’ to the crowd.

The entire history of Carlton arrogance summed up in one celebratory act.

Even reading about him re-ignites my hatred for him at once. Ughhh.

And yes, anything Dale Thomas related makes me want to vomit.

Hahahha I found the Mark Williams one from last year kinda funny though. Is that bad?

KT31
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
was it Wayne Campbell that snapped his achilles after an over the top celebration?

It certainly didn't happen with him trying to get a hard ball get.

AndrewP6
09-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Not big on the huge celebrations...especially after EVERY score. Sure, do it on the big scores, important times etc. But some carry on a bit too much for my liking.

bornadog
09-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Cooney has a great celebration:)