C: Danny Meyer, Dom Cassisi, Tom Logan
HF: Robert Gray, Warren Tredrea, David Rodan
F: Brett Ebert, Brendon Lade, Daniel Motlop
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
I/C: Marlon Motlop, Josh Carr, Matthew Westhoff, Justin Westhoff
Emg: Nick Lower, Jason Davenport, Matthew Broadbent

In: Daniel Motlop, Robbie Gray, Danny Meyer
Out: Travis Boak (knee), Alipate Carlile (virus), Nick Lower

AFL Teams (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590510&page=3)

GVGjr
11-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I wonder who will be the 23rd player flown up for the game? Tiller would be unlucky if he didn't make the trip.

ledge
11-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Your a bit hard on the back 3 they dont get capital last names.

The Coon Dog
11-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Your a bit hard on the back 3 they dont get capital last names.

Fixed!

BulldogBelle
11-06-2009, 07:49 PM
We are going to be a bit short in defence???

Suppose Shaggy will play on a tall (Westoff)
Lake to Lade
Morris to Tredrea

Mofra
11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Will Eade pull a surprise and play Murphy back? He went back earlier in the year when he was regaining fitness.

Mantis
11-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Will Eade pull a surprise and play Murphy back? He went back earlier in the year when he was regaining fitness.

Who would be his likely match-up in defence?

Mofra
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Who would be his likely match-up in defence?
Scarily enough, a Westoff if Lade or Brogan are resting in their forward line and a Morris or Shaggy is forced to play on a resting ruckman. Ebert is an option as a small/mid who plays a taller style of game if Morris & Shaggy have to play tall.

Williams would have been really handy this game.

Mantis
11-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Scarily enough, a Westoff if Lade or Brogan are resting in their forward line and a Morris or Shaggy is forced to play on a resting ruckman. Ebert is an option as a small/mid who plays a taller style of game if Morris & Shaggy have to play tall.

Williams would have been really handy this game.

It's going to be really interesting to see how we match up this week, lets hope playing one tall short (if we line up as selected) doesn't backfire.

The Coon Dog
11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
It's going to be really interesting to see how we match up this week, lets hope playing one tall short (if we line up as selected) doesn't backfire.

Is Darwin the one venue where you might be able to get away with it, given the humidity & its effect on the ball?

Mofra
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Is Darwin the one venue where you might be able to get away with it, given the humidity & its effect on the ball?
I'd hope so, unless our defenders get sucked into punching the arm again.

The hope is we kill them on rebound once the ball hits the ground. I think it was 2005(?) when Gilbee was the only Bulldog listed player to oppose a ruckman from all 15 other teams. He took the resting ruckman & slaughtered them on the rebound, I was probably chanelling those memories when thinking of Murphy in defence.

LostDoggy
11-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Still don't think Murphy will play.

bulldogsman
11-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Port Adelaide could potentially play 4 tall forwards in there forward line :eek:

Well this backfired for Frematle

bulldogsman
11-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I'd hope so, unless our defenders get sucked into punching the arm again.

The hope is we kill them on rebound once the ball hits the ground. I think it was 2005(?) when Gilbee was the only Bulldog listed player to oppose a ruckman from all 15 other teams. He took the resting ruckman & slaughtered them on the rebound, I was probably chanelling those memories when thinking of Murphy in defence.

Griffen is another who could also play forward. I don't expect this to happen, but I am expecting a big game from him.

Mantis
11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Port Adelaide could potentially play 4 tall forwards in there forward line :eek:

Well this backfired for Fremantle

In our rd 1 game against Freo we had Lake, Williams, Everitt & Tiller playing key defensive roles. For this Saturday nights game we have just one of those players listed in our starting 22.

Answering TCD's question I think you can get away with it in Darwin due to the reasons listed and as long as our midfield & forwards pressure the oppositions ball carriers.

boydogs
11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I wonder who will be the 23rd player flown up for the game? Tiller would be unlucky if he didn't make the trip.

Yep it's Tiller - refer article on the Dog's Day forum
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5185