PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall Article

The Doctor
12-06-2009, 07:39 AM
We were linked heavily with him during the last trade period. What if he becomes available this year?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/i-want-to-stay-at-the-swans/2009/06/11/1244664795735.html

GVGjr
12-06-2009, 07:45 AM
We were linked heavily with him during the last trade period. What if he becomes available this year?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/i-want-to-stay-at-the-swans/2009/06/11/1244664795735.html

Tough call to add him because at best he would be a one year option.

The Coon Dog
12-06-2009, 07:46 AM
If he fell out of contract & we could secure him via the PSD I'd consider it, but definitely wouldn't trade for him.

He'd have 1 year left so it would be a huge risk, particularly given his rap sheet.

The more I think about it, the less enamored I feel about it.

Sockeye Salmon
12-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Pass.

The game has passed Barry by, he never adjusted to the rule changes, and his last two years have been ordinary.

He would always be a time bomb ticking away.

Bulldog Revolution
12-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Pass.

The game has passed Barry by, he never adjusted to the rule changes, and his last two years have been ordinary.

I'm inclined to agree on the Pass - It was last year or never for me

In what way do you mean by the game has passed him by?

He certainly probably does not love the forward line pressure role, but does he get done for hands in the back a lot?

The Coon Dog
12-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Pass.

He kicked 6 against us a fortnight ago. Been a while since we had someone kick 6 in a game.

Agree with the time bomb anology.

Desipura
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Beat me to it, kicked 6 against us and looked far from finished. Is a time bomb waiting however is the sole 'go to forward' in their team.
For a last round pick, I would take him as he would not be our only forward. Would be good for at least 60 goals IMHO.
With the way Sydney play the game, is it any wonder why he goes off his nut? Would get quality delivery from the likes of Cooney, Griffen, Gilbee & Ward.

aker39
12-06-2009, 02:23 PM
The only way I would take him is in the pre season draft.

I don't think he would get through to the pre season draft. Sydney are a team prepared to trade.

The Coon Dog
12-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't think he would get through to the pre season draft. Sydney are a team prepared to trade.

If he was out of contract he would hold all the aces.

Desipura
12-06-2009, 02:49 PM
If he was out of contract he would hold all the aces.
which he will be by seasons end ;)

wimberga
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
With the team we have, almost feel like we could only accomodate one of him or Akermanis

NoParkingOnMatchDays
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Do we need another leading forward whether tall or not? Does he take many pack marks? Isn't our problem that we have to pick out targets and under finals pressure this is where we struggle?

Also I don't know him personally but I think he looks like he has poor dental hygiene so do we really want someone like that at the club?

AndrewP6
12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Also I don't know him personally but I think he looks like he has poor dental hygiene so do we really want someone like that at the club?

WTF????

Dry Rot
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I have read that a young Chris Grant was really helped by having some hulk called Coleman in the forward line his early year(s).

If the cost was bugger all, could Hall likewise help a young Grant and/or Cordy in 2010?

Remi Moses
13-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I think we should seriously look at it,we need a key forward urgently. I think he's still got a bit to offer personally. the only thing holding him back obviously is the undisciplined acts.
We have a premiership window opening up quickly and I don't think Young Grant is ready yet.

bulldogtragic
13-06-2009, 06:12 PM
If he came out and said i retire from footy unless the WBFC pick him up in the PSD, then we would have to look at it.

In my mind O'Shea, Skipper and Wight go, so we have our 3 picks.

Eagle and Picken swap around techincal spots - vets/rookie.

We would have to delist a 4th player- Likely to be Lynch. So the question then needs to be do we keep Lynch and do we want to keep him?

If so, no to Barry.
If we are going to cut or don't mind cutting Lynch, then we could.

OR

Welsh gets assessed. If does not continue we are a season tallish target down for next year. If Welsh reitres he opens up a 4th spot, which could be used. If Welsh is still very fit and in form, i'm inclined not to rock the boat. But if he goes, Hall could be a pinch hitter for a one year deal.

I would prefer we do our list management first and assess whether how many draft picks we will have. Then look at our needs. From there it could be a scenario of Lynch (can he make it?), Welsh (can he go another year uninjured) or Hall (will he get rubbed out and waste a spot on the list?).