PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Player Awards - Dogs vs Crows

GVGjr
08-04-2007, 09:13 PM
There are two awards that you can vote on.

The first one is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground

Cast your votes and it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

LostDoggy
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
4. Higgins
3. Wight
2. McMahon
1. Power

2. Higgins
1. Wight

GVGjr
08-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Joe Marmo
4: Eagleton - Some errors in his game but he fought it out.
3: West - Tried hard and got plenty of it but not quite his normal effort
2: Power - Started very well and was moved forward
1: Higgins - Poised and decisive and a shining light for the younger group.
Apologies to McMahon (who just made a few errors too many) and Gilbee (who had too many goals kicked on him)

Ron James
2: Higgins
1: Wight - battled away

Mofra
08-04-2007, 10:40 PM
4: Wight - Slightly bias, but I really felt he offered us something with his second efforts. Tackle in teh first quarter resulted in a turnover & subsequent Bulldogs goal.

3: Higgins - Our only option up forward. Should have had 4 goals, bad miss after the siren but gave us something to take away from the game.

2: McMahon - ran hard as did Cross, Boyd & Power, but his footskills give him the nod.

1: Power - Really worked hard, actually kicked the ball longer than a few other which is a change.

RJ:

Wight
Higgins

bornadog
08-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Joe Marmo
4: Wight
3: Eagleton
2: West
1: Higgins -

Apologies to Power as I thought he played better in defence than forward, even thou I prefer him forward. His first half was good.

Ron James
2: Higgins
1: Wight

GVGjr
08-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Apologies to Power as I thought he played better in defence than forward, even thou I prefer him forward. His first half was good.

Thats a big concession for you BAD :) For as long as I have known you, Mr Power hasn't been in your good books. It was strange that Eade moved him from defence because early on he was very good. Starved for opportunities once he was moved up forward.

BulldogBelle
08-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Marmo

4 - Wight ( he just keeps on improving each week )
3 - Higgins For someone who has played 7 games only, he is playing with so much confidence.
2 - Eagleton I felt he really tried hard today
1 - Power Another one who tried hard, I thought he deservied a vote

Ron James

2 - Wight
1 - Higgins

GVGjr
08-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Did I miss something but was Wight really that good tonight? He did well in a number of contests but he hardly stemmed the tide. To me he was good without being regarded as our best contributor.
Don't get me wrong I was happy with him but I cant be believe they accolades he is getting both here and on BF.

LostDoggy
08-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Re Wight. He caught my eye because he seemed to be trying really hard all night - especially noticeable as he is such a tall lad but can still be pretty mobile. Also, the ball just kept on coming back there all night. What a tough night for the defenders. So many players didn't seem to put in the effort Wight (and only a handful others) did.

GVGjr
08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Re Wight. He caught my eye because he seemed to be trying really hard all night - especially noticeable as he is such a tall lad but can still be pretty mobile. Also, the ball just kept on coming back there all night. What a tough night for the defenders. So many players didn't seem to put in the effort Wight (and only a handful others) did.

No one could question his endeavor and I certainly wasn't but I didn't think he was BOG.

Anyone else think Morris has been a bit quiet the last 2 weeks? Missed a chunk of pre-season games with a wrist injury and I wonder if he is just short of a game or two in preparation.

Raw Toast
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Did I miss something but was Wight really that good tonight? He did well in a number of contests but he hardly stemmed the tide. To me he was good without being regarded as our best contributor.
Don't get me wrong I was happy with him but I cant be believe they accolades he is getting both here and on BF.

I think Wight it getting accolades because he was one of the few players who offered us a bit of hope. Not BOG for mine, but he competed fairly well. Was impressive early and late he started imposing himself on contests, taking a few good marks where he left his opponent and backed himself. In between he, like all our defenders, was swamped and like the others, struggles to compete with his opponent when running back towards goal. Given where he was at the start of last year, and I think many are still enjoying the glow of that.

Bulldog Revolution
09-04-2007, 05:16 PM
4. McMahon - made mistakes but played with a purpose, dashed, took on his man and provided drive, probably should have been moved onto the ball sooner
3. Higgins - a bright light in a miserable performance, attacked the ball well in the air, two nice contested marks, a lovely left foot crumbing goal
2. Eagleton - again made mistakes, but ran hard, tried to lift the team by taking guys on, hanballed into trouble but tried really hard
1. Hargraves - was given too much to do, as the midfield really didn't perform, but was very solid in his role, spoiled well, clean hands and rebounded well.

apologies SPower - a very solid first half before fading up forward

2. Higgins - super hands for a young guy
1. Wight - positive contribution, lost his man on occasions but there was too much room in the crows forward 50 and it was in there too much

Go_Dogs
10-04-2007, 06:29 PM
1. McMahon - Made a few mistakes, but one player who looked like they gave their all during the match, and could've possibly broken the game open in our favor.

2. Eagleton - ditto.

3. Wight - another great performance by Wight, tried hard all day and really looked good - will be great to have Harris back this week to help him out too.

4. Higgins - Great game, not outstanding, but whenever he did something, he usually did it with class, got caught a few times, and a couple of his goals were late, cheapish ones, but generally was very impressed by what he did.

Crossy also worked hard, but wasn't anywhere near as effective as Goodwin, McLeod and Edwards were.

1. Wight
2. Higgins

Go_Dogs
10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I think Wight it getting accolades because he was one of the few players who offered us a bit of hope. Not BOG for mine, but he competed fairly well. Was impressive early and late he started imposing himself on contests, taking a few good marks where he left his opponent and backed himself. In between he, like all our defenders, was swamped and like the others, struggles to compete with his opponent when running back towards goal. Given where he was at the start of last year, and I think many are still enjoying the glow of that.

I'd have to agree. Out of our 22 about, 3 or 4 broke even or better against their opponents, Wight was one of them. His desperation and ability to at least provide a contest in the defensive half were crucial to us not getting absolutely flogged, the Crows poor kicking also helping a lot. Wight has really impressed though, with Harris back this week he should continue to improve too.

Raw Toast
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
4. Higgins - didn't get too much of it, but I credit more than 25% of our goals to him, and he provided hope and kept on fighting.
3. Wight - Not great, but good and started imposing himself on contests late in the game which is a good sign (that is, if he can do it all through a game).
2. Power
1. McMahon

2. Higgins
1. Wight

firstdogonthemoon
10-04-2007, 09:11 PM
4 Eagle - I know I was looking out for him especially but he kept on turning up anyway
3 Missy - Star in the making
2 Cam - Another star in the making
1 Jordy - good hair

2 Missy
1 Cam