PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Dale Morris

The Coon Dog
14-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Dale Morris has played 99 games now for the Western Bulldogs.

No one could ever forget his debut against Adelaide (round 5, 2005) in Chris Grant's 300th game where he was pitted against Andrew McLeod, Mark Ricuitto & Simon Goodwin.

He's not only earnt the respect of all Bulldogs supporters & his team mates, but the entire football community, culminating in him being picked in the All Australian team last season.

Another rags to riches story of someone overlooked, but believed enough in himself (sounds familiar) to persevere.

Congratulations on your upcoming 100th game. Nice for a change for one of our bloke to have a milestone match v the Kangaroos.

LostDoggy
14-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Congrats Dale, loved watching you at Werribee, and new you had the talent, so glad we get to see your 100th game here in Melbourne.

Even though its Norths home game i really hope all Bulldog fans get out to the MCG to cheer on Dale and the rest of the team, and make a whole lot of noise..

LostDoggy
14-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Congrats Dale, stand out defender of the comp.

And a great story to get where he is.

Go_Dogs
14-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Well done to Dale. Been a fantastic inclusion in the side - barely played a bad game and always gives everything he has to give.

Scorlibo
14-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Also Mitch Hahn's 150th is it not? Can't wait to give the Roos a taste of their own medicine ;)

lemmon
14-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Well done Dale, couldnt have happened to a more deserving bloke. The ultimate professional and a top fella.

LostDoggy
14-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Also Mitch Hahn's 150th is it not? Can't wait to give the Roos a taste of their own medicine ;)

You mean he has to share the banner? I'm not OK with that. :p

Congrats to Dale, he really deserves it.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Congratsulations to the guy, he's been fantastic.

Has he missed a game yet?

aker39
14-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I don't want to hear anyone say he is under rated.

All Australians can not be considered under rated.

LostDoggy
14-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Congratsulations to the guy, he's been fantastic.

Has he missed a game yet?

I'm pretty sure he's only missed the two, both through injury. One was in 2005, I'm thinking the game in Darwin or against Port or both maybe, and the Geelong game in 2007 during our horrible end to the year.

Mantis
14-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he's only missed the two, both through injury. One was in 2005, I'm thinking the game in Darwin or against Port or both maybe, and the Geelong game in 2007 during our horrible end to the year.

Did you lock yourself in your room when Dale was out of the team?

LostDoggy
14-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't want to hear anyone say he is underrated.

All Australians can not be considered under rated.

Everyone going on about him being underrated is really starting to annoy me. If everyone says it, how can he still be considered underrated?

LostDoggy
14-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Did you lock yourself in your room when Dale was out of the team?

Haha not quite, he was a late withdrawel for the Geelong game, but it was the only time in '07 that I was on level 1 as my nana took me so we bought seats (otherwise we just sit up on level 3)...and when the team came on for the warm up and I could not find him I was not impressed, but it gave me an excuse as to why we lost. I'm really not that bad...really.

As to him being 'underrated', I really don't think he is anymore, as commentators go on about him a lot these days. I'd consider Hargrave to be more underrated by everyone outside the club really.

hujsh
14-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Everyone going on about him being under rated is really starting to annoy me. If everyone says it, how can he still be considered underrated?

There's a process (similar to the 20 game rule)

1: First a player is underrated.

2:Then some people start to notice he's underrated.

3:Soon the media will notice him and say how great he is and how he's so underrated.

4:He may win an award or two and people now universally talk of how good he is and how he is so underrated..

5:Now people watch him more closely and notice his failures and he is more often criticized (fairly) for poor performances. Still a few underrated remain.

6:The last stage is that people label him as overrated (not applicable to all cases).

Morris is in the 5th stage and shouldn't reach the 6th

aker39
14-06-2009, 05:45 PM
As to him being 'underrated', I really don't think he is anymore, as commentators go on about him a lot these days. I'd consider Hargrave to be more underrated by everyone outside the club really.

I heard them say last night that he has not had 1 brownlow vote in his 150 games. (They either work for Chubb security and have seen this years votes or they're assuming he hasn't got a vote this year)

bornadog
15-06-2009, 12:02 AM
I heard them say last night that he has not had 1 brownlow vote in his 150 games. (They either work for Chubb security and have seen this years votes or they're assuming he hasn't got a vote this year)

and Morris has had one vote.

BulldogBelle
15-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Haha not quite, he was a late withdrawel for the Geelong game, but it was the only time in '07 that I was on level 1 as my nana took me so we bought seats (otherwise we just sit up on level 3)...and when the team came on for the warm up and I could not find him I was not impressed, but it gave me an excuse as to why we lost. I'm really not that bad...really.

Uh - huh ;)

Congrats to Dale, puts in a top effort every week :)

Mofra
15-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Congrats to Dale, puts in a top effort every week :)
Any team full of players with his commitment would win a flag. Full stop.