PDA

View Full Version : What Changes for Round three

bornadog
09-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Its already round three and we have had a bad loss, what does Eade do, make some wholesale changes or persist with the current players. We know Aker is out with a Hammy and I presume Harris comes straight in. Lots of players were well down against Adelaide and the short backline was found out. It aint gunna be any different against the Saints.

What would you do as we build up to Saturday night.

bornadog
09-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I really think we need to bring Street back in and play Darcy as a permanent full forward and get the team used to having a big target up there. Too often against Adelaide we were scared to kick the ball into the goal square and several opportunities were lost when we started looking for a short pass, but missed the target. In the ruck duals, Minson was constantly looking at his man and not the ball and with Darcy still on the comeback trail, we shouldn't have to put pressure on him to play in the ruck.

If Street comes in, then I would drop Robbins and let him find some form at the Bee's.

The Coon Dog
10-04-2007, 06:11 AM
I really think we need to bring Street back in and play Darcy as a permanent full forward and get the team used to having a big target up there. Too often against Adelaide we were scared to kick the ball into the goal square and several opportunities were lost when we started looking for a short pass, but missed the target. In the ruck duals, Minson was constantly looking at his man and not the ball and with Darcy still on the comeback trail, we shouldn't have to put pressure on him to play in the ruck.

If Street comes in, then I would drop Robbins and let him find some form at the Bee's.

Interesting that you suggest Robbins find form ay Werribee yet promote Street for doing exactly the opposite. It appears Street's saving grace is that so few people saw just how poor his form for Werribee actually was on Saturday. If he'd have played as poorly for the Dogs as he did for Werribee people would be calling for him to be dropped.

alwaysadog
10-04-2007, 09:24 AM
If players are to be dropped for a poor game, then not many would hang on.

What we do depends on what is in the final analysis identified as the reason things went so horribly wrong.

Yes we have a few passengers at the moment but that is a conscious decision about how best to either complete their rehab or bed them into the team, and by en large the problem IMO was elsewhere.

Adelaide didn't do anything extra technically cute or inovative what they did was prevent us using our strengths and exploited our weaknesses, by blocking up our run and handball and breaking quickly to open space to isolate our defenders.

I think we had been drinking our own bath water again (as we did after beating Collingwood in the final last year) and thinking it tasted like champagne, so we played like millionaires and allowed the junk yard dog to take a big bite out of our expensive pants on the way past.

This was another unacceptable performance. Whether Rodney was awake to what was going on I don't know but it has raised the first slight alarm bell for him. He has assured us that he has plans in place to address both our physical and mental toughness issues. Well that display questions the efficacy of both.

Minimal changes to personnel, but big changes to attitude. Don't think it's rocket time but time to he should challenge the players to respond by appealing to their pride and team orientation. Save the tantrum for when it is needed as it has a very limited life.

bornadog
10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Interesting that you suggest Robbins find form ay Werribee yet promote Street for doing exactly the opposite. It appears Street's saving grace is that so few people saw just how poor his form for Werribee actually was on Saturday. If he'd have played as poorly for the Dogs as he did for Werribee people would be calling for him to be dropped.

The reason I suggest Street is for team needs. I think we need another ruckman as I wouldn't want to rely on Minson and Darcy. I think we have placed some unfair pressure on Darcy by throwing him into the ruck when he has hardly played a game for two years Also with two knee operations, I would have thought the ruck is the last place to play. Minson, is still learning the game and is not a number one ruckman yet.

I suggested Robbins to be dropped to make way for Street, because I think we have enough small forwards and with Higgins playing so well, maybe Robbins would be the one to go back to Werribee. I take your point with Streets form at Werribee, I didn't know he played so badly, but then again what options do we have, and would he be more fired up playing for the firsts?

Your changes, suggestions would be welcome. Would you stay with the same team and not drop any one?

mjp
10-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Harris in. Akermanis out.

I was surprised Robbins was promoted, but really dont think the coaches will want to turn him into a yo-yo just yet - he will get one more.

Quite a few players were poor, but not all that many have played consecutive poor games so I suspect things will stay much the same. It is not the week for Everitt, but I think he will play pretty soon. Baird might be a consideration if the coaches want to change the forward structure - whatever else he does, he leads to the kicker and that was sadly lacking on Sunday night.

The Coon Dog
10-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Your changes, suggestions would be welcome. Would you stay with the same team and not drop any one?

If it was up to me I'd only make one change, Harris in for Aker. I accept that Street has a role to play & that might just be this week, but he'd want to improve a fair bit.

Go_Dogs
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Out: Akermanis, Robbins
In: Harris, Addison

Faulkner must be close too IMO, depending on how he went on the w/e, I have no idea.

GVGjr
10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Out: Akermanis, Robbins
In: Harris, Addison

Faulkner must be close too IMO, depending on how he went on the w/e, I have no idea.

Most of our Bulldogs listed players were quiet on the weekend for the Bees. Good in's and out's and I'd agree that Faulkner should be in the mix.

bornadog
12-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Surprise to see Doogs out, but I guess he didn't get many possessions last week. Robbins dropped for Addison and Streets in along with Harris.

The match ups on Saturday will be very interesting.

Go_Dogs
13-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I was close, damn Street! Faulkner was named an emergency too. Do you think there'll be a last minute change or anything this week?

The Bulldogs Bite
13-04-2007, 12:54 PM
I was close, damn Street! Faulkner was named an emergency too. Do you think there'll be a last minute change or anything this week?

If Clarke goes out, it's likely I would of thought.