PDA

View Full Version : The game that doesn't exist

The Adelaide Connection
21-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Was just looking ahead at the old broadcast schedule to see who has the bulldogs games over the next few weeks (plan my pub time as I dont have fox) and have stumbled upon something that has made my blood boil.

Round 14's game, against Hawthorn no less, is not being shown in Adelaide at all.

It is a channel ten game but due to the Power and Crows games both being on the same day (and that they are both fox games) it creates a black hole situation where channel ten use the fox games and the channel ten game never gets shown here.

Is this something that happens regularly around the country?

To add insult to injury, there is probably no chance of being able to stream the game as usually people only put streams up of fox games (as they are the ones people don't have access to).

:mad:

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 12:17 AM
I feel your pain....

Scraggers
22-06-2009, 03:52 AM
Was just looking ahead at the old broadcast schedule to see who has the bulldogs games over the next few weeks (plan my pub time as I dont have fox) and have stumbled upon something that has made my blood boil.

Round 14's game, against Hawthorn no less, is not being shown in Adelaide at all.

It is a channel ten game but due to the Power and Crows games both being on the same day (and that they are both fox games) it creates a black hole situation where channel ten use the fox games and the channel ten game never gets shown here.

Is this something that happens regularly around the country?

To add insult to injury, there is probably no chance of being able to stream the game as usually people only put streams up of fox games (as they are the ones people don't have access to).

:mad:

This is a regular occurance in WA, particularly with neither WA team looking at playing finals again this year; therefore neither seven or ten want to broadcast the WA games, meaning foxtel has too. With that happening Bulldog games are very rarely played on any form of tv or radio in WA ... I rely on the internet to listen to (and sometimes watch) most Bulldog games

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I have fox so its a disgrace when I still cant watch the game, I had been planning to go to Melbourne for the Hawthorn game but I am not now. My usual fix for this is to turn off the phone tv internet etc and watch the replay which is usually on fox directly after the game finishes.

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 12:18 PM
This is why Melbourne is the best place for footy :D

With Foxtel & F2A we get access to every game every round.

Topdog
22-06-2009, 01:10 PM
What about the Foxtel Main Event channel? I know they show the Friday Night game live into other states.

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 01:37 PM
This doesn't happen in Melbourne. We get every game here. That's our home game anyway isn't it?

Topdog
22-06-2009, 06:45 PM
This doesn't happen in Melbourne. We get every game here. That's our home game anyway isn't it?

I know. I am talking about Adelaide as per the OP.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I respect your passion AC and I share your frustration. I'm in Frankston, don't have Foxtel and the local pubs don't either. In this case I can go to the game anyhow. Rely on the WOOF posters to let you know how the game unfolds.

Throughandthrough
22-06-2009, 08:37 PM
boo!

Someone somewhere should bang peoples heads together

Surely Foxtel would rather show a different game then what's on FTA.

Wont be on the radio either, we will have 3 channels all on the same game.

The Adelaide Connection
22-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I respect your passion AC and I share your frustration. I'm in Frankston, don't have Foxtel and the local pubs don't either. In this case I can go to the game anyhow. Rely on the WOOF posters to let you know how the game unfolds.

It's a Bulldogs home game so I am guessing the only action on Woof will be the occasional tumble weed blowing through.

Sheesh, even radio will be tied up with the two Adelaide based teams. Might have to bite the bullet and stream triple M and put up with all the "my boy gets his dukes on the prune, can you check the acer gemstone for how many carlton draughts he has for the "good guys" where you can't be beaten on prices". Vomit.

aker39
23-06-2009, 10:19 AM
It's a Bulldogs home game so I am guessing the only action on Woof will be the occasional tumble weed blowing through.

Sheesh, even radio will be tied up with the two Adelaide based teams. Might have to bite the bullet and stream triple M and put up with all the "my boy gets his dukes on the prune, can you check the acer gemstone for how many carlton draughts he has for the "good guys" where you can't be beaten on prices". Vomit.

You could stream 3AW, you'd just have to put up with Rex

Throughandthrough
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
PS

Can no one talk about this game, i'm waiting until Wednesday when Fox shows the replay to see how we went

:D

PPS Crows Richmond game was on Fox and FTA last night and it was crap.

mjp
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
This is a regular occurance in WA, particularly with neither WA team looking at playing finals again this year; therefore neither seven or ten want to broadcast the WA games, meaning foxtel has too. With that happening Bulldog games are very rarely played on any form of tv or radio in WA ... I rely on the internet to listen to (and sometimes watch) most Bulldog games

HUH? Channel 7 and 10 show both the Dockers and Eagles game EVERY weekend in Perth. Every weekend.

When the Dogs games aren't on (it is 3-4 times per year), what happens is this:

1/.Foxtel have the rights to either a Dockers or Eagles game (that is on at the same time / same day as a Dogs game). Remember, that 7 and 10 are only able to show 1 game Friday, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday...Foxtel have 'exclusive' rights to 3 games.

2/.In Perth (and Adelaide), there is an arrangement whereby the local teams games are shown on Free-to-air EVERY week. This is regardless the game that Foxtel is showing.

3/.Foxtel show the game they are licensed for...the Eagles/Dockers. Channel 7/10 then show the exact same broadcast (Fox commentators etc) of the same game. And the game shown on FTA tv in Melbourne is not covered at all...except by replay on Fox.

Foxtel claim it isn't their fault as the AFL allows the FTA channels to show games they dont technically own the rights too. Channel 7/10 say 'well, we are honoring the broadcast policy whereby we have to show the local sides'. And the AFL says nothing.

It is a joke and a disgrace and on a few occasions each footy season the one reason I subscribe to Foxtel - to watch the dogs - is proven to be complete folly. And further, because there are a relatively low number of impacted supporters there is no reason for the AFL to act to remedy the situation...