PDA

View Full Version : The prodigal son?

LostDoggy
21-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I have a feeling Nathan Brown won't be at Richmond next year. Not sure if he will continue playing or do t-shirts full time.
Given the right price and would you want him back?
I think he has something to offer to a good team.

Happy Days
21-06-2009, 11:51 PM
It depends if Aker stays on or not. We don't really need another small forward, which is all he is these days.

Having said that, never in a million years would he be welcomed back as a player; at least not with Smorgon as president.

The Coon Dog
21-06-2009, 11:52 PM
No if it was my choice & mine alone. Agree he would fit into a good team nicely, but there's just too much bad blood there.

bornadog
21-06-2009, 11:54 PM
No if it was my choice & mine alone. Agree he would fit into a good team nicely, but there's just too much bad blood there.

agree, he is not a team man, he is only in it for himself, and at age 32, forget it.

comrade
21-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I have a feeling Nathan Brown won't be at Richmond next year. Not sure if he will continue playing or do t-shirts full time.

He may have something to offer but not for us.

We already have an aging small forward line and I can't see the benefit of adding a bloke who's best football was four years ago, when Aker, Johnno, Murph and Hahn are all in a better position to provide effective scoring options.

The little matter of his disgraceful departure only adds to the general negativity I feel for him.

I wish him luck with his t-shirts though.

BulldogBelle
21-06-2009, 11:58 PM
No way!!

l am sure at his age it would not be worth it.

Possible bad blood between some players and him??

Thinks of himself not the team.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-06-2009, 12:09 AM
No.

He's an average footballer now IMO.

He's never recovered from the broken leg.

AndrewP6
22-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Good god NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 12:24 AM
No! There is only one redeeming feature for Judas and that is that he is still friends with Bob. Wasn't he accused of bullying some of the players including Gilbee if my memory serves?

lemmon
22-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Even in a purely footy sense I would say no. Ageing small forward who's best football is behind him wouldnt add anything to our already ageing forward line.

And besides this is Judas we're talking about

Sockeye Salmon
22-06-2009, 01:09 AM
No! There is only one redeeming feature for Judas and that is that he is still friends with Bob. Wasn't he accused of bullying some of the players including Gilbee if my memory serves?

Luke Penny was one.

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Luke Penny was one.

Now there was a man of substance - rightly named - not worth two bob.

bulldogtragic
22-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Trading Nathan was a line in the sand for our club. Let's not waiver in our determination to have a club without the off-field likes of Judas.

mighty_west
22-06-2009, 11:39 AM
No.

He's an average footballer now IMO.

He's never recovered from the broken leg.

Ditto.

He wouldn't offer us anything we haven't got already, we have enough small forwards & midfielders to bring in a 32 year old, the game has just about passed him imo, plus the bad blood.

He has [unfortunatly] been a shell of the player he was since snapping his ankle.

Topdog
22-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Leaving all the history beside you would have to say no to the proposal.

Even for a PSD he wouldn't be worth it. He is injured every 2nd week now and not half the footballer he used to be. His best assest was his kicking but that has been shocking this year.

Cyberdoggie
22-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't even trade Nathan Eagleton for him! ;)

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I say no, just because I see it as he left the club for bigger crowds, money and on field success, and now that we are well on the way towards that success (and have succeeded in various areas for a few years now), why should he come back and have that after just bailing on us?

Plus I agree that he's a shell now. I try not to watch him as often as possible, but I think it is quite evident he's a mere shadow of the footballer he once was. Plus his age. Nah.

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 02:29 PM
he can bugger off.

not having my heart broken twice!!

mighty_west
22-06-2009, 02:47 PM

The term "Prodical Son" is embressed when talked about in the same light as Nathan Brown, Chris Grant is a Prodical Son, Nathan certaintly isn't.

Rocket Science
22-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Peeps!

It's prodigal!

And, Chris Grant's certainly no prodigal son...technically he'd have to have left for greener pastures with some degree of acrimony/ill-will and then come crawling back when it all went pear shaped.

The definition fits Browny to a 'T' should the latter eventuate, but will thankfully never, ever apply to Granty.

That's it for your daily dose of pedantry.

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 03:22 PM
This is even better than the "Tiller as Forward" thread.

BulldogBelle
22-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Even for a PSD he wouldn't be worth it. He is injured every 2nd week now and not half the footballer he used to be. His best assest was his kicking but that has been shocking this year.

Yep, totally agree with you - his 'use by' date has just about expired.

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Not a chance at all, i would boo him every week.

Smorgon wouldn't allow it also.

The Pie Man
22-06-2009, 06:34 PM
So I take it the general vibe is no then?

I dunno, a bit of return to sender could be the ultimate hatchet burial for me.....

Still, he's no Montgomery is he? I was RAPT to have him back

GetDimmaBack
22-06-2009, 07:28 PM
If Browny came back, he'd be the first player in the history of the game to be booed every week by his own "supporters" !

A fitting end to his career, perhaps...

LostDoggy
22-06-2009, 07:45 PM
The term "Prodical Son" is embressed when talked about in the same light as Nathan Brown, Chris Grant is a Prodical Son, Nathan certaintly isn't.

How can Chris Grant be a prodigal son? The story is about a son leaving home with the inheritance, squandering it then the father welcoming him back with open arms.

I could forgive Nathan Brown if he made us a better side, I'm not sure he wants to ask for forgiveness let alone play next year and play well.

BulldogBelle
22-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Perhaps he should be invited back. then the players can set him up and break his other leg.

Bitter, me, no - I'm not bitter?

No, Judas is a has-been now.

Message for Judas - ha ha ha ha ha, you clown.

You and your mate Wallet, you got rich going to Richmond, but are you really happy. Nobody respects you.

KT31
22-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Must agree fully.
Nathan is another sought of son.

Rocco Jones
22-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I think some people don't get what the term "prodigal son" means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son

I'm not a preacher, just an educator. :)

strebla
23-06-2009, 02:02 AM
IF he returned I would leave. Our football club has grown in leaps and bounds in the last 5 years need him we do not!!!!

mighty_west
23-06-2009, 02:22 AM
I think some people don't get what the term "prodigal son" means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son

I'm not a preacher, just an educator. :)

So does make Libba a prodigal son of sorts, now expressing his apology and wanting to bury the hatchet?

After all, didn't he try & take the club to the cleaners for some kind of super payout?

Religion, never been my strong point...:p

ratsmac
23-06-2009, 10:28 AM
If you were healed of cancer would you invite it back into your body? let alone pay it to be there! HELL NO. They might be able to use him in the bulldog shop though, I heard he is good with T-shirts. Maybe because he is one!!

Rocco Jones
23-06-2009, 07:26 PM
So does make Libba a prodigal son of sorts, now expressing his apology and wanting to bury the hatchet?

After all, didn't he try & take the club to the cleaners for some kind of super payout?

Religion, never been my strong point...:p

Yep. I think Libba is even a stronger example of a prodigal son than Nathan Brown, so well done.

mighty_west
23-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep. I think Libba is even a stronger example of a prodigal son than Nathan Brown, so well done.

Cheers Rocco, there is proof that you can never teach an old dog new tricks! :D

LostDoggy
23-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure Chris Grant is a Prodical Son strictly speaking, but then the Bible is a mysterious book. Nathan would be if he came back. Which he won't, given his age and the aforementioned T-shirt empire.

Rocco Jones
23-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure Chris Grant is a Prodical Son strictly speaking, but then the Bible is a mysterious book. Nathan would be if he came back. Which he won't, given his age and the aforementioned T-shirt empire.

Yeah Chris Grant definitely isn't a prodigal son. He is more like his loyal brother without all the resentment or the bloke with the beard who could perform awesome party tricks with wine.

bornadog
23-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah Chris Grant definitely isn't a prodigal son. He is more like his loyal brother without all the resentment or the bloke with the beard who could perform awesome party tricks with wine.

Chris is the Messiah:D

Dancin' Douggy
23-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Would you sew a gangrenous limb back on because you remember how easy it was to wank with that particular limb?

hujsh
23-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Would you sew a gangrenous limb back on because you remember how easy it was to wank with that particular limb?

Maybe...:o

comrade
23-06-2009, 10:28 PM

That's just...odd.

Dancin' Douggy
23-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Yes but strangely compelling..........

The Underdog
23-06-2009, 10:41 PM
That's just...odd.

That's a very polite way of putting it.

AndrewP6
23-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Chris is the Messiah:D

He's not the Messiah... he's a very naughty boy!

(Couldn't resist - and surprised no one beat me to it!)

strebla
25-06-2009, 12:54 PM

I thought we all agreed that Nathan was not welcome back at our club!!

LostDoggy
26-06-2009, 06:04 PM
If you were healed of cancer would you invite it back into your body? let alone pay it to be there! HELL NO. They might be able to use him in the bulldog shop though, I heard he is good with T-shirts. Maybe because he is one!!

Love it......I can just see Browny in the Bulldog shop, selling Tshirts :D That really appeals to my sense of humour! No, we don't want or need him back, he is past his use by date!

KT31
27-06-2009, 02:48 PM

Hudson ?