Paul O'Shea, Hip-One week
Stephen Tiller, Hip-Two weeks

Sedat
23-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Ayce Cordy, Concussion-Test
Lindsay Gilbee, Ankle-Test
Paul O'Shea, Hip-One week
Stephen Tiller, Hip-Two weeks
Does this mean Liam Picken becomes ineligble for selection as soon as O'Shea is taken off the LTI list? Quite an unfortunate circumstance in light of his rapid personal improvement and his importance to the team structure at the moment.

The Coon Dog
23-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Does this mean Liam Picken becomes ineligble for selection as soon as O'Shea is taken off the LTI list? Quite an unfortunate circumstance in light of his rapid personal improvement and his importance to the team structure at the moment.

No.

Refer here:

Look at post #26 (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5013&page=2)

G-Mo77
23-06-2009, 04:04 PM
When did Tiller get injured?

Mantis
23-06-2009, 04:12 PM
When did Tiller get injured?

I heard at the Williamstown game on Saturday that he was injured at training in some simulated match practice.

Sedat
23-06-2009, 04:36 PM
No.

Refer here:

Look at post #26 (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5013&page=2)
Thanks for clarifying TCD. That is a very timely change to the rule in light of Picken's progress this season.

Rocco Jones
23-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for clarifying TCD. That is a very timely change to the rule in light of Picken's progress this season.

Yeah, probably more timely for the likes of O'Shea, Lynch or Wight though. I think we would have taken one out behind the shed with a cricket bat before putting The Mitten back onto the rookie list.

LostDoggy
24-06-2009, 03:24 PM
News on Gilbee.

AFL Website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/79274/default.aspx)

Happy Days
24-06-2009, 03:56 PM
News on Gilbee.

AFL Website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/79274/default.aspx)
Gilbee reinjures ankle in training mishap
By Jennifer Witham
12:57 PM Wed 24 June, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs defender Lindsay Gilbee will be named for Sunday's clash with North Melbourne, but is no certainty to play after reinjuring his troublesome ankle at training on Wednesday.

Gilbee, who has been struggling with ligament damage for the past month, was visibly distressed as he left the track shortly before the end of the one-hour session at Whitten Oval.

Coach Rodney Eade said while Gilbee would be named in the final 22 on Friday, he was in doubt for the match.

"He got caught in a bit of a tackle. He hurt it again in Darwin, so it has been going on for a few weeks," Eade said.

"There was some doubt on him anyway. It was the first day that he's trained; he didn't train at all last week, so I suppose there is some doubt now.

"I'll get a further update from the doctor later on, but the doctor did come out and say he's still hopeful he'll be able to play but it's obviously put him in some doubt.

"I'll wait to get an update but we're still hopeful he'll play. We'll certainly give him every chance and certainly name him, but we don't know at this stage."

Eade named Dylan Addison, Tim Callan and one-gamer Sam Reid as possible replacements for Gilbee if he failed to recover in time for Sunday match at the MCG.

Meanwhile, Tom Williams will spend at least another week at Williamstown as he attempts to gain some match fitness.

"He moved very well today, I thought," Eade said.

"We won't risk the temptation. We think he needs some continuity, so we'll give him at least one and maybe two or three weeks at Williamstown to actually get his confidence back in his body."

Callan trained strongly on Wednesday and showed no signs of the concussion he received on the weekend in the VFL, while young ruckman Ayce Cordy was running around after suffering a potentially serious neck injury in the same game.

"Ayce is okay, I think. They're going to do another concussion test to see if he's lucid, but I think they're confident he'll play [VFL]," Eade said.

"We won't take any risks with him. Everything was clear; it's just a matter of him being clear-minded and that he's okay."

Eade said Sunday's match loomed as a danger game for the third-placed Bulldogs, with North Melbourne set to make their first appearance under caretaker coach Darren Crocker.

"The Kangaroos have shown for 30 years they have a great resilience, and they are very much a club that thrives on hard work and their persistence and perseverance," he said.

"They're a very competitive side so there's no doubt, to use their new coach's phrase, they'll freshen up.

"They've got some talent coming back in so it's going to be a difficult game from that aspect."

Remi Moses
24-06-2009, 04:12 PM
don't think Gilbee will play. Come on down Reid,Callan

bulldogtragic
24-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Reid deserves a game. Chuck himin the middle and give Ward the Gilbee job.

LostDoggy
24-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Eade named Dylan Addison, Tim Callan and one-gamer Sam Reid as possible replacements for Gilbee if he failed to recover in time for Sunday match at the MCG.

Hes def not impressed with Everitt then..

GVGjr
24-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Gilbee's injury has been a while in the making because he has been playing with that injury for a number of weeks. In hindsight he should have been rested against Port.

By the way, whilst touching on the subject on player management I thought the older guys like Akermanis, Johnson and Eagleton were going to be rested through the season and other than Aker's enforced week off that hasn't been the case. I wonder why?

ledge
24-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Gilbee's injury has been a while in the making because he has been playing with that injury for a number of weeks. In hindsight he should have been rested against Port.

By the way, whilst touching on the subject on player management I thought the older guys like Akermanis, Johnson and Eagleton were going to be rested through the season and other than Aker's enforced week off that hasn't been the case. I wonder why?

I wondered this too but maybe they are travelling so well themselves or maybe later in the year.
They all certainly look very hungry for football and arent injured, as was the case last year.

Mantis
24-06-2009, 07:58 PM

I would hope this will happen closer to the finals and think the home games against West Coast and Fremantle would be the perfect opportunity to rest a few of the older or 'sore' players and give a few of the younger guys a run.

GVGjr
24-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I would hope this will happen closer to the finals and think the home games against West Coast and Fremantle would be the perfect opportunity to rest a few of the older or 'sore' players and give a few of the younger guys a run.

That wasn't the original plan that Eade was working to though was it? Basically the older guys were going to be given a spell through the season mainly around interstate games and that really hasn't happened.
I think the Gilbee injury possibly could have been avoided because I know you were pointing out the extent of his injury a few weeks back.

bornadog
24-06-2009, 08:36 PM
That wasn't the original plan that Eade was working to though was it? Basically the older guys were going to be given a spell through the season mainly around interstate games and that really hasn't happened.
I think the Gilbee injury possibly could have been avoided because I know you were pointing out the extent of his injury a few weeks back.

He aggravated it during the Port match when he was tackled.

Mantis
24-06-2009, 08:54 PM

He has been carrying the injury since before the Sydney game and I thought that he should have been rested from the Port game.

It's pretty disappointing that he has re-injured it again as I'm sure the week off over the split round would have done him the world of good.

Sedat
24-06-2009, 11:23 PM
He has been carrying the injury since before the Sydney game and I thought that he should have been rested from the Port game.

It's pretty disappointing that he has re-injured it again as I'm sure the week off over the split round would have done him the world of good.
That's right, he hurt it early in the match against Geelong the week prior. To my untrained eye, it looks like it could be something as severe as ligament damage; my concern is that he will be jabbed up every week for the remainder of the season and not have the chance to properly recover until the off-season, much like Murph and Coons were playing under duress late last season. Gilbs is such a crucial component of our side - I hope his injury is not as serious as I suspect it might be.