LostDoggy
24-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Dale Morris

Number: 38
Height: 190cm
Weight: 92kg
DOB: 29-12-1982

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Kate_n/scan0001-1.jpg

Dale had been playing for Werribee in the VFL while trying to get drafted, after having not made the final team in the Calder Cannons under 18’s team. He spent 4 years trying to make an AFL list and was eventually rookie listed by the Western Bulldogs in December 2004 (pick 19), with great help from Leon Cameron, Chris Bond, Alan Richardson and Barry Prendergast who recommended him to new coach Rodney Eade, who had not heard of him.

He was elevated to the senior list after Ben Harrison sustained a long term injury and debuted in Round 5 2005, which was also Chris Grant’s 300th match. He played on Andrew McLeod for much of the game and also matched up on Simon Goodwin and Mark Ricciuto throughout the night- McLeod had 8 disposals for the match.

He has missed two games since debuting that night, both through injury. Some of his best games have been against the league’s best forwards, having beaten players such as Matthew Pavlich, Nick Riewoldt and Brendan Fevola, as well as smaller players such as Shannon Grant, Paul Chapman and Nathan Brown. He led the team for spoils in 2007 and spent the most time on the field for us in 2006, often not using the bench at all.

Achievements:
2005- Selected for the International Rules Squad coached by Kevin Sheedy

2006- Finished 4th in the Best and Fairest

2007- Played his 50th game in Round 9.
Finished 6th in the Best and Fairest
Won the Coaches Award

2008- Included in the Leadership Team
All-Australian Back Pocket
Finished 4th in the Best and Fairest
Won the Match Committee Award

This week Dale plays his 100th game- hopefully the team can get up for a win.

The Coon Dog
24-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Congratulations to someone who should act as an inspiration to all young hopefuls that are initially overlooked.

bornadog
24-06-2009, 04:05 PM
What a great player. He must be the most underrated player in the AFL by non bulldog supporters. Week in week out he is rarely beaten. Look forward to his next 100 games.

Mantis
24-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice work dales.girl, I'm sure that would have been pretty easy writing about you really admire (have a crush on :D ;))

Morris has been a super player for us over the past 99 games so lets hope we can reward him with a win for his 100th game. He is one player we can really depend on in the back half which most make him a pleasure to coach.

Who do we think he might line up on this week? I guess with his versatility he could pick up any number of opponents which I suppose has made him such a valuable player.

Dazza
24-06-2009, 08:15 PM
He's definately not underrated anymore. Great find by the dogs. One of those players you always feel safe when he is around the ball. Seems to always find a way to beat his man and then pick out a safe option by foot.

lemmon
24-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Well done Dale, inspirational story, truly deserved.

Sockeye Salmon
24-06-2009, 09:19 PM
DG38, has the intervention order been lifted yet?

LostDoggy
24-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice work dales.girl, I'm sure that would have been pretty easy writing about you really admire (have a crush on :D ;))

Actually I struggled to keep it as un-biased as I could...

But really, he has a baby now so it's just not cool to be obsessed with him anymore...not in that way anyway ;) And I just won't dignify SS's comment with an answer.

strebla
25-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I am finding it hard to believe he is on the verge of his ton. what an absolute remarkable achievment from a bloke who never says can't! Not only a great role model for those who want to be footballers but a great role model for all young people thanks DG38

Ozza
25-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm just glad he plays for us - and didn't get snapped up elsewhere first!

What a terrific player. He is one player we couldn't win a premiership without. And I hope he keeps getting acknowledged by All Australian honours and the like because he really is a gun player.

Mofra
25-06-2009, 03:18 PM
He is one player we couldn't win a premiership without.
He's the type whose contribution to the team is always going to be higher than his individual ability. That's the sort of commitment that wins games.
Given our lack of resources, we really have done well out of the rookie draft in the past few years. Arguably, 4 of our best 22 are rookies.

BulldogBelle
25-06-2009, 05:25 PM
This week Dale plays his 100th game- hopefully the team can get up for a win.

Well done to Dale - I think of his first game and now it's his 100th how quickly that came on. Hope he has a 100th to remember.

Dancin' Douggy
25-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I am in love with him.

KT31
25-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Congrats Dale on your 100th.
Now if you an DG38 get together your sons can play for us under the father son rule.

LostDoggy
26-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I am finding it hard to believe he is on the verge of his ton. what an absolute remarkable achievment from a bloke who never says can't! Not only a great role model for those who want to be footballers but a great role model for all young people thanks DG38

Yes, it seems to be the quickest 100 but maybe that's because he is just so easy to watch! Go Glove, enjoy your 100 and may there be at least 100 more :)

LostDoggy
26-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Dales.Girl - how many goals has he kicked and what were the circumstances of each?

He seems to have been around forever. Fantastic player.