25-06-2009, 06:05 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Lindsay Gilbee
HB: Robert Murphy, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Shaun Higgins, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
Int (from): Tim Callan, Nathan Eagleton, Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Picken, Sam Reid, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

In: Callan, Reid, Tiller.
Out: -

Tiller?

More mind games?

G-Mo77
25-06-2009, 06:10 PM
And Norf's

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Nathan Grima (17) Scott Thompson (16) Leigh Harding (39)
HB: Daniel Pratt (30) Michael Firrito (11) Josh Gibson (38)
C: Brady Rawlings (3) Brent Harvey (29) Liam Anthony (44)
HF: Scott McMahon (42) Drew Petrie (20) Ben Warren (35)
F: Lindsay Thomas (12) David Hale (31) Lachie Hansen (6)
R: Hamish McIntosh (1) Andrew Swallow (9) Adam Simpson (7)
INT (from): Daniel Harris (4) Sam Power (5) Gavin Urquhart (14) Ben Ross (15) Corey Jones (21) Todd Goldstein (22) Cruize Garlett (32)
5:01 In: Anthony, Goldstein, Hale, Harvey, Warren
Out: Ziebell, Edwards

Remi Moses
25-06-2009, 06:14 PM
And Norf's

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Nathan Grima (17) Scott Thompson (16) Leigh Harding (39)
HB: Daniel Pratt (30) Michael Firrito (11) Josh Gibson (38)
C: Brady Rawlings (3) Brent Harvey (29) Liam Anthony (44)
HF: Scott McMahon (42) Drew Petrie (20) Ben Warren (35)
F: Lindsay Thomas (12) David Hale (31) Lachie Hansen (6)
R: Hamish McIntosh (1) Andrew Swallow (9) Adam Simpson (7)
INT (from): Daniel Harris (4) Sam Power (5) Gavin Urquhart (14) Ben Ross (15) Corey Jones (21) Todd Goldstein (22) Cruize Garlett (32)
5:01 In: Anthony, Goldstein, Hale, Harvey, Warren
Out: Ziebell, Edwards

Edwards? :eek:Big forward line windy day

Remi Moses
25-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Wouldn't have thought Thomas will play. hamstring in the Adelaide match

Mantis
25-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Big forward line windy day

The only advantage they have over us on paper are their tall forwards so they are going to try and play to their strengths.

bornadog
25-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Tiller?

More mind games?

Didn't even see him at training yesterday

comrade
25-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Everitt is really struggling if Tiller can named ahead of him despite being injured ;)

Mofra
25-06-2009, 06:41 PM
If Gilbee is out injured at the last minute, would it matter who we name anyway?

Nice to see Reid at least named. Reward for effort. Tim Callan looks just a bit too good for VFL too.

lemmon
25-06-2009, 10:02 PM
We look incredibly short down back

bulldogtragic
25-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Everitt a late call up anyone?

Rocco Jones
25-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Everitt is really struggling if Tiller can named ahead of him despite being injured ;)

I think Rocket is making a bit of a statement by not even naming Andrejs.

I would go with Callan for Gilbee.

bornadog
25-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Everitt a late call up anyone?

You mean Williams;)

LostDoggy
26-06-2009, 05:07 AM
We look incredibly short down back

Eade went into last game short too didn't he, and I think the weather will be wet as well.

Hope we win again.

chef
26-06-2009, 07:54 AM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
In: Callan, Reid

My six year old son's name, you should have seen his face when they mentioned Callan Reid in on the news last night.

Mantis
26-06-2009, 09:00 AM
I think Rocket is making a bit of a statement by not even naming Andrejs.

I think that statement might be getting a little stale.

We have already seen that Tiller has been played in front of Everitt on every occassion that there has had be a decision made between the 2.

I have absolutely no idea why you would name Tiller when it was reported on Tuesday that he would be out for 2 weeks, perhaps we might find what they had up their sleeve when the team runs out on Sunday.

Perhaps it's like the St.Kilda game when 2 emergencies missed the VFL game such to keep them guessing which one would play.

LostDoggy
26-06-2009, 01:04 PM
What do people think the key defensive match ups will be if we play as named, Lake to Hale, Morris to Petrie and Shaggy to Hansen?? Or will Gilbee be a late omission with Tiller in to take Hansen as the third tall?? At least two of those match-ups are a concern with Dale and Shaggy conceding a lot of height and bulk to their opponent.

North's lineup would suggest they will try to bomb long from the square hoping to get it to their larger forwards one on one. I would guess Eade is hoping for wind and rain as forecast which will make contested marking more difficult and will allow our smaller backline to crumb the ball and then run off their opponents and bring the ball upfield with run and carry.

Could leave us very exposed if the wind and rain don't turn up!!!

Axe Man
26-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I know the weatherman isn't to be relied on but the forecast for Sunday is not meant to be particularly wet and windy as mentioned in a couple of posts above:

Forecast for Sunday
Cloud increasing. Patchy fog and frost in the morning. Isolated showers during the day. Light winds tending northerly up to 25 km/h around dawn.

City Shower or two. Min 5 Max 15

LostDoggy
26-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Cant remember the last North/Dogs game at the G I went to where it DIDNT rain, tends to rain everytime we play em there. Especially Archers 300th, a dark day that was.

Axe Man
26-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Perhaps my memory is failing me but I was at Archer's 300th and I remember it being overcast but don't recall any rain. The darkest thing that day would have been Rocket's mood when Brian Lake took to the ground in some sort of comatose state and let Petrie kick 37 goals in the first quarter.

Mantis
26-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Final squads, well at least for now.

NORTH MELBOURNE v WESTERN BULLDOGS
North Melbourne
B: Nathan Grima, Scott Thompson, Leigh Harding
HB: Daniel Pratt, Michael Firrito, Josh Gibson
C: Brady Rawlings, Brent Harvey, Liam Anthony
HF: Scott McMahon, Drew Petrie, Ben Warren
F: Lindsay Thomas, David Hale, Lachie Hansen
Foll: Hamish McIntosh, Andrew Swallow, Adam Simpson
I/C: Daniel Harris, Ben Ross, Corey Jones, Cruize Garlett
Emg: Sam Power, Gavin Urquhart, Todd Goldstein

In: Anthony, Hale, Harvey, Warren
Out: Jack Ziebell (leg), Aaron Edwards, Gavin Urquhart, Sam Power

New: Liam Anthony (East Fremantle)

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Lindsay Gilbee
HB: Robert Murphy, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Shaun Higgins, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C: Nathan Eagleton, Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Picken, Callan Ward
Emg: Tim Callan, Sam Reid, Stephen Tiller

No change

comrade
26-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Some good ins for North.

The more I look at it, the more I'm worried about our defence - just the lack of depth if one of their forwards goes nuts and we need to change things around.

I think Rocket is hoping for rain and for us to dominate from the middle. Let's hope it happens.

Sockeye Salmon
26-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Perhaps my memory is failing me but I was at Archer's 300th and I remember it being overcast but don't recall any rain. The darkest thing that day would have been Rocket's mood when Brian Lake took to the ground in some sort of comatose state and let Petrie kick 37 goals in the first quarter.

I reckon you're being harsh on Lake there. I remember Williams having a go and having at least 2 kicked on him and Morris another one. From memory Petrie didn't get another kick after 1/4 time but it didn't matter, game was already over.

The Coon Dog
26-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I reckon you're being harsh on Lake there. I remember Williams having a go and having at least 2 kicked on him and Morris another one. From memory Petrie didn't get another kick after 1/4 time but it didn't matter, game was already over.
An old Sockeye post after that game...

Petrie's first goal was on Harris, his 2nd on Grant, his third was on Morris (Grant was actually his opponent but Grant and Morris got caught out covering for each other), his 4th & 5th were on Williams (the 4th was a hangar that Williams couldn't have stopped) and his 6th was on Harris.

Harris shut him out after that (he did get one more on him) but the horse had already well and truely bolted.

Sockeye Salmon
26-06-2009, 09:45 PM
An old Sockeye post after that game...

I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember details of footy games from years ago.

Desipura
27-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember details of footy games from years ago.
No truer words have been spoken..........Im the same

Dry Rot
28-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Any last minute changes for either side?

LostDoggy
28-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Lindsay Gilbee is roumered to be a late withdrawl which means Tiller (supposibly injured) has to come in because Callan and Reid played yesterday

LostDoggy
28-06-2009, 02:24 PM
No changes to either side

I'm sitting at the G as I type this

Dry Rot
28-06-2009, 02:54 PM
No changes to either side

I'm sitting at the G as I type this

Thanks.

How is the weather looking?