PDA

View Full Version : Why have Carlton troubled us so much recently?

Dry Rot
28-06-2009, 02:06 PM
On BF, there have been many folk who believe that Carlton aren't quite coming yet.

I listened to the Dons giving a Carlton a bath on Friday night. In the second half, it sounded like the Dons beat them across the park.

So why have the Blues troubled us so much recently?

azabob
28-06-2009, 06:59 PM
On BF, there have been many folk who believe that Carlton aren't quite coming yet.

I listened to the Dons giving a Carlton a bath on Friday night. In the second half, it sounded like the Dons beat them across the park.

So why have the Blues troubled us so much recently?

Carlton don't have quick leg speed, but of late they have smashed us in close and had quick hands. At the dome and if you get it quickly and consistantly into your forward line you will score.

GVGjr
28-06-2009, 07:09 PM
A very good midfield that we can't exploit and a key forward that we have a lot of trouble with are the main reasons why we have struggled with them.

Mantis
28-06-2009, 07:35 PM
A very good midfield that we can't exploit and a key forward that we have a lot of trouble with are the main reasons why we have struggled with them.

Last year he kicked 6 out of 18 and most of them came handed on a platter in the last qtr and this year just 3 out of 21.

Fev is the least of our worries against Carlton.

bulldogtragic
28-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I think they match up well against us. But's it's nice to know we are no longer North's bitch.

Topdog
28-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Even the great midfield doesn't wash with me as they had a crap midfield 2 years ago and we still had issues with them. Their poor players always seem to have a day out against us.

Sockeye Salmon
28-06-2009, 09:53 PM
The main reason they've troubled us is because they've played us presicely when we've been struggling.

Do you honestly think they'd get anywhere near us if we played them next week?

Timing is everything.

LostDoggy
29-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm scared of Carlton if they made the finals and we have to play them. I can't remember the last time we actually beat them!

mighty_west
29-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm scared of Carlton if they made the finals and we have to play them. I can't remember the last time we actually beat them!

In Darwin?

Mofra
29-06-2009, 04:36 PM
The main reason they've troubled us is because they've played us presicely when we've been struggling.

Do you honestly think they'd get anywhere near us if we played them next week?

Timing is everything.
Bingo. We were terrible at the start of the year when they beat us; last year we had a training load up for the week and they ran the game out better than we did.

hujsh
29-06-2009, 05:03 PM
In Darwin?

Wherever we played them in 2006. 2007 was when Jordan let Lappin kick those goals and it all began from then.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Bingo. We were terrible at the start of the year when they beat us; last year we had a training load up for the week and they ran the game out better than we did.

And in 2007 McMahon gifted Lappin 5 goals.

strebla
29-06-2009, 08:33 PM

You are kidding right I think it would give us a greater respect to play and beat the blues rather than say an Adelaide or Port we don't need to be scarred of anyone.