PDA

View Full Version : Open Mike

AndrewP6
29-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Just watched a bit of this new show on Foxtel...this week featuring Chris Judd... interesting to hear at the end, Mike Sheahan ask Judd about his efforts for the environment, and Judd agreeing that he does make an effort... by driving a Hyundai i30, and doing some recycling! What a trooper! He went on to admit to having too long showers...thereby undoing any good work in the other areas... quality viewing on Foxtel...

Sockeye Salmon
29-06-2009, 11:19 PM
He's doing a huge amount. He's the Environmental Manager @ Visy FFS!

Rocco Jones
29-06-2009, 11:27 PM
He's doing a huge amount. He's the Environmental Manager @ Visy FFS!

Yeah, how genuine did he make his role sound!

"Um, eer, I chose green electricity and do some recycling, um, I take extra long showers but nobody's perfect" or the like anyway.

Makes Bob Brown look like Steve Fielding.

Dry Rot
30-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Just watched a bit of this new show on Foxtel...this week featuring Chris Judd... interesting to hear at the end, Mike Sheahan ask Judd about his efforts for the environment, and Judd agreeing that he does make an effort... by driving a Hyundai i30, and doing some recycling! What a trooper! He went on to admit to having too long showers...thereby undoing any good work in the other areas... quality viewing on Foxtel...

Yep sounds like REAL quality viewing. :D

Nothing like a knob like Judd and some token environmental stuff.

Much rather have a beer (or ten) with Martin Pyke. At least he's real (for better or worse).

Or go out drinking with Barry Hall, pick some fights and let Baz sort it out.....

AndrewP6
30-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Yep sounds like REAL quality viewing. :D

Nothing like a knob like Judd and some token environmental stuff.

Much rather have a beer (or ten) with Martin Pyke. At least he's real (for better or worse).

Or go out drinking with Barry Hall, pick some fights and let Baz sort it out.....

Haha... I reckon Bazza would be like some feral dog... all you have to do is tell him to bite, and BAM!... he's off!

Dry Rot
30-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Haha... I reckon Bazza would be like some feral dog... all you have to do is tell him to bite, and BAM!... he's off!

Agreed.

Not wanting to derail the thread ;) but what 5 AFL players (past and present) would you like to go out with, get shit faced and cause a lot of trouble?

Baz and Pyke would make two, Cousins for some good gear. But would be the last two?

Didak could bring some interesting mates along, but he's a knob. Fev is an obvious choice, he's a real knob too.

I suspect that a bad Sainter would figure in all this.

Happy Days
30-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Higgy and Gia would get a look-in, purely for wingman potential.

Richo would also be a must. He'd just be the best guy.

Dry Rot
30-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Higgy and Gia would get a look-in, purely for wingman potential.

Richo would also be a must. He'd just be the best guy.

See where you're coming from, and it's an interesting sideline about who might be the best wingmen/chick magnet potential.

But I'm talking about a bad guy night, with lots of trouble.

BTW, my Saints mates reckon that Mad Dog Muir was a fun guy...

Happy Days
30-06-2009, 01:12 AM
See where you're coming from, and it's an interesting sideline about who might be the best wingmen/chick magnet potential.

Ohhhh.

Well then, you'd have Capper in there, because he's just such a tosser that he'd be bound to start some sort of scuffle.

AndrewP6
30-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Well, I'm not much of a trouble-seeker, but for going out on the tiles, and having a bit of fun, I'll pick..

Bazza - to punch out anyone giving me grief.
Mill Winson - as above, but he's a good bloke too!
Shane Crawford - my brother used to be a pub bouncer, and reckons Crawf is the only AFL player he met who wasn't a tosser!
Doug Hawkins - for comedic value
Cooooney - the Charlie around his neck would have to get the ladies' attention...and he's getting married!

Think that'd be a good night...

AndrewP6
30-06-2009, 01:22 AM
OK, for purely trouble-making:

Bazza
Robbie Muir - saw him at the Mentone Pub a few times (when I was about 19, and he was about 50!)
Didak - his little black book would make a complete cast list for the next Underbelly.
Phil Carman - headbutts galore
David Rhys Jones

Emergencies - Setanta O'hailpin, Cousins (he's reformed!), Libba (for biting people on the ankle)

Dry Rot
30-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Wasn't there some bad Pies lads who died in an armed robbery? They might have been good fun to have some beers with.

craigsahibee
30-06-2009, 09:31 AM

I had a beer with Robbie Muir in the Cricketers Arms after we beat them at the G in the Peter Rhode days. Scariest beer I have ever had. :eek:

Twodogs
30-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Agreed.

what 5 AFL players (past and present) would you like to go out with, get shit faced and cause a lot of trouble?

Doug Hawkins and Steve McPherson. Close the thread!