PDA

View Full Version : EJ Whitten Legends game

LostDoggy
30-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Am i the only who thinks its a disgrace now?

I just feel it doesn't have the same feel anymore, not since it first started.

Dogs 24/7
30-06-2009, 09:47 PM

What are your expectations?
Are they just giving the fans more of what they want?

LostDoggy
30-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I always thought the game was about cancer awareness, in the community.

To me it has just turned into another football game, not so much what it was intended for in the first place.

I could be wrong.

LostDoggy
30-06-2009, 10:22 PM
I just wish it was aired outside of Melbourne. I used to watch these games for entertainment which is their purpose. At least they did for me. I never took them too seriously.

The fact that they also raise money for a good cause is nice.

Not even Foxtel is airing it. Why not? It couldn't be that hard could it?

bulldogtragic
30-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes, it's a different game. It is a joke. But someone must like it, as it is catering to a market. I preferred the first few when it was a little more serious.

Whilst it's on in the background, i've barely heard Ej's named mentioned, and nothing about cancer awareness.

Just the way it is now.

AndrewP6
30-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Not sure if I agree with "disgrace"... it's a bit of harmless fun, watching blokes who have no idea what they're doing trying to recreate the game of their heroes... I love it when the game is tight, and the recently retired blokes who are still in pretty good shape, take over - and also get a kick out of watching blokes like Scott Cummings who take up the whole forward line!

Not sure why you find it so bad...they're all in it for the right reasons, whatever cash is raised goes to the Foundation. No one's playing for sheep stations, I reckon the great man would love it.

AndrewP6
30-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, it's a different game. It is a joke. But someone must like it, as it is catering to a market. I preferred the first few when it was a little more serious.

Whilst it's on in the background, i've barely heard Ej's named mentioned, and nothing about cancer awareness.

Just the way it is now.

I think it's always been a light-hearted affair... it could only be that way, with non-footballers making up much of the team.

Don't think anyone isn't aware of the cause ...

AndrewP6
30-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Nice tribute to the great EJ at half time...

LostDoggy
01-07-2009, 12:11 AM
I went. Wasn't as good as last years but still a bit of fun. Does anyone know why the crowd at the Lockett end kept running off?

jazzadogs
01-07-2009, 12:29 AM
The bigger the crowds are, the more money they raise for the EJ Whitten Foundation (is that what it's called?) and crowds and television audiences have increased dramatically the last few years. I agree that it's not so much about promoting cancer awareness anymore, but I guess they are happy to get some money out of it.

The games are more light-hearted because the fans aren't as interested in just watching a bunch of ex-footballers run around. They want to see Strauchanie, and Hamish&Andy.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-07-2009, 12:51 AM
The games are more light-hearted because the fans aren't as interested in just watching a bunch of ex-footballers run around. They want to see Strauchanie, and Hamish&Andy.

I'd rather them put a few more in.

Watching the ex-footballers is boring.

Good cause though and they get good turnouts.

LostDoggy
01-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Its defenitely more entertaining than a serious football game, and I enjoyed it.

The on-field antics for 3 quarters is great, and then you see some competitive football in the last quarter.

LostDoggy
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM

Just the way it is now.

I dont think it was metioned enough either. Thats what the game was set up for. Bring it back to the Whitten Oval!

Go_Dogs
01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
I just wish it was aired outside of Melbourne. I used to watch these games for entertainment which is their purpose. At least they did for me. I never took them too seriously.

The fact that they also raise money for a good cause is nice.

Not even Foxtel is airing it. Why not? It couldn't be that hard could it?

We got it in Adelaide at 8.30pm last night.

LostDoggy
01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I went. Wasn't as good as last years but still a bit of fun. Does anyone know why the crowd at the Lockett end kept running off?

I went as well, its not as good as it used to be, with Billy and Bt not playing, but i still had a good time, i had my photo with Hamish haha i was excited.

Its all just a bit of harmelss fun rasing $$$ for a great cause, although there was nothing at the ground that i saw that was promoting what it was for.

The crowd at the Lockett end.....we were talking to one of the security guys whos always around us at bulldog home games, and he told us there was a big fight.

craigsahibee
02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I went as well, its not as good as it used to be, with Billy and Bt not playing, but i still had a good time, i had my photo with Hamish haha i was excited.

Its all just a bit of harmelss fun rasing $$$ for a great cause, although there was nothing at the ground that i saw that was promoting what it was for.

The crowd at the Lockett end.....we were talking to one of the security guys whos always around us at bulldog home games, and he told us there was a big fight.

What sort of tool gets involved in a fight at a charity event?

Remi Moses
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
heard that also,WTF would you have a punch on at a charity event??:eek:
Night footy always brings out the morons unfortunately

bornadog
02-07-2009, 06:03 PM
heard that also,WTF would you have a punch on at a charity event??:eek:
Night footy always brings out the morons unfortunately

Yeah, and there will be plenty of them at Eithad on Saturday, in gold and brown:D

LostDoggy
03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
What sort of tool gets involved in a fight at a charity event?

Idiots.....

Must have been a big fight tho, or there were a heap of people going to watch, cause people were running from everywhere...