PDA

View Full Version : Best Pre-game pub?

The Adelaide Connection
01-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey all headed over for the game this weekend, are there any pubs nearby where the bulldog faithful gather?

LostDoggy
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
There is heaps. Depends on your pub taste.
Personally the Spencer or Carron tarven aren't too bad. There are closer and busier pubs.

The Adelaide Connection
01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Within walking distance or 5-10 away on the tram preferably, but would certainly travel further if it means compromising the quality of the pub.

Looking for something with a good pre-game vibe, being Saturday night I guess most pubs will be on the busy side but I guess I am looking for the haunts that those going to the game would frequent.

The Pie Man
02-07-2009, 10:11 AM
The Nixon on the Bourke St extension is the closest (757 Bourke St) 2 minute walk to the gate and it's actually not bad for a new pub (they're normally soul-less)

Why it's called the Nixon and has a massive wire structure of his head inside is beyond me

bornadog
02-07-2009, 10:17 AM
You can always visit some of the bars at the ground, great atmosphere.

Ozza
02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I agree with the earlier post - the Spencer is the best for a pre-game. Great feed there and always a swag of doggies supporters.

The Adelaide Connection
02-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Cheers guys, might have to roll around to the Spencer before hitting the social club. Am making a weekend of it, just got tickets to the Friday night game and watching Ebay for the Sunday night game too.

LostDoggy
03-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Gotta agree with Ernie...it's the Carron on Spencer for me, always chocka with Doggies pre match.

Ozza
03-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Guys, to move the discussion now to post-game. I'm meeting up with a couple who are Hawks supporters after the game for a few drinks. Any suggestions on an after game location where we could settle in for a while?

Desipura
03-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Go to the Locker room, I may be there depending on the result

Ozza
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Go to the Locker room, I may be there depending on the result

Whilst I don't mind going to livewire or locker room afterwards for a beer - they usually close about an hour or so after the game - was more so thinking locations in the city that are close to the ground - to kick on to. Was hoping to not just end up at the Waterside - which is pretty standard!