PDA

View Full Version : Sheeds puts his hand up

AndrewP6
02-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Has senility set in? Could it be true?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25719953-19742,00.html

Mofra
02-07-2009, 10:09 AM
A few years ago a family member was at a sportman's night with the then Essendon coach, who strangely mentioned that in some capacity, he expected to finish his AFL career at Richmond. Since then IU'd been waiting for a more formal involvement there than just an "ambassidor".

Mantis
02-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I think this would be a terrible move by Richmond so I hope they do it. :D

ledge
02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Its called public and media pressure, Sydney had it with Roos and it came off, Sheedy? time will tell.

Remi Moses
02-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Silly silly move from the toiges if it happens,this is the same senile bloke who thought they could win the flag this year!Make it happen Richmond:D:DFunny how he has taken the credit for the improvement from the bombres list,strangely subdued about that list last season however.

hujsh
02-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Its called public and media pressure, Sydney had it with Roos and it came off, Sheedy? time will tell.

These (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14957999#post14957999)people like the idea.

Let it gain momentum i say

bornadog
02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I really lost respect for his coaching ability a couple of years ago when he was talking about the interchange bench and how many clubs are using it and to his surprise the amount of interchanges taking place in a game. He was still operating under the old way of the bench, ie using to take players off that weren't performing or were injured, instead of the modern thinking.

I don't see he has the energy, or ability to keep up with modern footy.

Sockeye Salmon
02-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Bring it on. He was a has been years ago.

BulldogBelle
02-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Silly silly move from the toiges if it happens,this is the same senile bloke who thought they could win the flag this year!Make it happen Richmond:D:DFunny how he has taken the credit for the improvement from the bombres list,strangely subdued about that list last season however.

Similar to Terry Wallet taking credit for drafting Cooney and Griff

The Pie Man
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Talk about attention seeking! They won't go there, but as a few of you have said, how absolutely hilarious would it be if they did?

How can I say this without seeming harsh....Bartlett is jumping all over the 'get Sheedy' campaign on SEN.....is he for real? Surely he can't be serious, but then it's the same guy that drove the hands in the back intepretation I guess. I just wonder what he brings to the media, or anything really. Legend of the game though, no doubt (hence why I don't want to be too harsh)

And Sheedy - he was being asked about Paddy Ryder yesterday, and the way he talks it's like he's still at Essendon. 'Oh yes we played him at CHB just to get him on the field' He's annoyed me for years.

LostDoggy
03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Not sure if Sheeds is past it but I have not doubt that an experienced coach is the way to go for the Tigers. Any new coach will be crucified at the tigers. I would be targetting Matthews just as much as Sheeds.

I don't think Sheeds could take them to a flag but think a 2 year appointment (much in the same way Barassi was at the Swans) will fix some of the cultural issues.

BulldogBelle
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Good luck to Sheeds and good on him for putting his hand up for the Richmond job. IMO, I think he would be a very good fit for the Tigers. RFC definitely needs a spark of some type and Sheedy would be just the person to light that fuse.

Bulldog Revolution
03-07-2009, 03:48 PM
As much as he has done for the game I think it has passed him by. Time stands still for no man.

If he were to be appointed it would be very much in the Alex Ferguson managerial role where the Assistant Coaches would do far more of the actual hands-on football coaching