PDA

View Full Version : What team does your partner support?

The Coon Dog
06-07-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm very fortunate in that when I first started going out with my wife she was a Footscray supporter.

No need to convert her.

No worries about whether the kids will barrack for Mummie's team or Daddie's team.

So who does your partner support? Did you need to convert them? What about the kids, who do they support?

Rocco Jones
06-07-2009, 12:39 AM
My partner was a Bulldogs member when I started going out with her so very easy for me, no resentment towards me going to games and the like.

comrade
06-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Mine is originally from Wagga, so she had a loose affiliation with the Swans before we met.

Let's just say that quickly changed.

Now she's a proudly paid up member, and is strangely attracted to Will Minson. Girls love the sax, I guess.

Number 3
06-07-2009, 01:04 AM
My wife goes for Melbourne but in a fairly detached way. When at Demons-Dogs games I think she actually prefers the dogs to win so I don't start sooking. Mostly she just doesn't bother about the footy, and I kinda like it that way.

As such, agreement has already been reached that future children will be dogs fans. However the father-in-law has thrown his hat in the ring and announced that it is his right to try to convince his grandkids to go for his team (the swans). Fair enough. But it is also my right to raise my children in a red white and blue bubble where the only words they will learn will be 'griffen', 'coon', and 'gee Higgins is gonna be a star'. They can exit the bubble when they are sufficiently brainwashed or social services come knocking.

strebla
06-07-2009, 03:03 AM
My wife and her 2 boys followed Essendon when we met no worries I said if we last that will change that will never change she says we are now married and all 4 of us are proud bulldog members.I suppose if you want to live with me it is just esier to agree with what i say otherwise i don't shut up!!!!

Mantis
06-07-2009, 08:45 AM
My wife is an Essendon supporter, but she doesn't follow them with any real passion. She also has a soft spot for the Bulldogs.

Like comrade's better half she has an infatuation with Will.

aker39
06-07-2009, 09:19 AM
My wife is a Geelong supporter. She actually goes to the footy every week, including driving down to Geelong.

We have 2 children and my son supports the dogs and my daughter the cats.

Although she is a very keen cats supporter, I think now that the Cats have won a flag, she would be just as happy if the dogs could win one. Since we have been together we have shared in 4 losing Grand Finals and 5 losing preliminary finals.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Mine was an essendon supporter but converted her to a Dogs member within 12 months

Desipura
06-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Strangely enough, growing up my wife was a one eyed cats supporter when they were playing in all those losing grand finals.
Luckily she has changed her allegiances to the Dogs.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 09:43 AM
My hubby is a Doggie supporter, sadly his 7 brothers and sisters who all lived in Braybrook follow either the Saints or Essendon. He has three daughters from a previous marriage and they are all Carlton, with the youngest being the vice president of the cheer squad:eek: Of our three boys, two follow the dogs and one follows Essendon, although he has a soft spot for the dogs, and if he wasn't so stubborn would probably have changed his allegiance by now:(

chef
06-07-2009, 09:49 AM
My wife was/is American(she's been here for 2/3's of her life but she's still a yank at heart) and didn't have a team until we met. Now she loves the dogs as much as me, especially Gia and Will. My son is a Bulldog but my two daughters are Lions(the eldest one chose to follow the Lions and her younger sister followed(I couldn't compete against the threepeat)).

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
My partner is a Bulldogs supporter or she ouldn't be my partner

bornadog
06-07-2009, 10:16 AM
My wife isn't passionate about the footy, but would say she is a Bulldogs supporter. Even though she doesn't go each week, she will listen to the game.

Sedat
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM
My wife is a filth supporter, and whilst she still supports them in a detached kind of way she has learnt to appreciate the Bulldogs since we met - she was also happy for our kids to support the Dogs. My 2 year old son took a Bulldogs door bell to creche the other week and proceeded to play the song to all and sundry for the entire day. And my 5 year old daughter recently had a football day at school, and she was proudly wearing the jumper around school for the day, despite being the only Dogs supporter in the entire school. As for the newest addition to our family, he is currently batting 4 for 4 since he was born on June 5th.

The Underdog
06-07-2009, 10:28 AM
My wife's a Hawks fan but again not super passionate. She only goes when they play us. She was a member for a year but not anymore. She now has a soft spot for the dogs if only because if we lose I'm a pain in the arse.

craigsahibee
06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
My Scottish wife is not really interested in footy. She doesn't even have an allegiance to any teams in the SPL. (Thinks all football supporters are hooligans - probably a reaction to growing up in the UK during the 70's and 80's).

She is conditioned enough to know that when the fixture is released each year she fills her diary with Bulldogs games and knows not to schedule any appointments that will conflict with said games.

She would be very happy to see the Doggies get up and win the GF. I think she thinks that when we do win one a part of my life will be complete and I may not be as keen to go to the footy in the future.

As far as the kids go, no question.

The Coon Dog
06-07-2009, 10:39 AM
She is conditioned enough to know that when the fixture is released each year she fills her diary with Bulldogs games and knows not to schedule any appointments that will conflict with said games.

That's what I like to see! ;)

Mofra
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I have dated quite a number of Carlton supporters, which is strange considering they are the team I hate most. My current "stalkee" is a West Coast supporter who admitted to having a "soft spot" for Carlton (that's already waning after my little chat with her on Carlton's history). I will have to work hard to convert this one.

The Pie Man
06-07-2009, 10:57 AM
My wife is an Essendon supporter, but she doesn't follow them with any real passion. She also has a soft spot for the Bulldogs.

My situation is almost carbon coby of the above except for the infatuation with Wil....my wife's in love with Gia

ledge
06-07-2009, 10:59 AM
My ex is a braybrook girl and her dad had a little to do with Sunshine in the VFA, her cousin was a statsman for 10 years at the dogs.
Her 2 sisters, mum and dad (who housed a senior bulldog player now) a few years ago means there was never a problem.
The sister-in-laws are members and go to most games at home i believe.

Now i tend to be doing the rounds being single 6 years now so footbal allegiance hasnt entered into it, although i did go to the footy with a kiwi expatriot to the hawks game, she is a North supporter, but that could change.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Collingwood :o

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Coon Dog
06-07-2009, 11:10 AM

Taking the darl' along on Friday night?

Sedat
06-07-2009, 11:13 AM

Feel your pain brother :D

I bet your father-in-law lives in an insular world that is only infiltrated by Collingwood propaganda, and that he wouldn't know the difference between Brad Boyd and Matthew Boyd.

Ozza
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
The girlfriend is a Geelong supporter. She is a member - but isn't as interested now as she was when she was younger. A year after we got together they won the 2007 flag - she went to it (had been at the 4 losing ones) and since then is less passionate about the footy. I think she just needed to see one flag - and now she is pretty relaxed about it.

We have argued before about if we have kids - which team they would support. I pretty much laugh it off - as its a ridiculous suggestion they would be anything but Bulldogs supporters.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 11:44 AM
My girlfriend doesn't like sports at all. But since she lives in Sydney (I moved up here) she "supports" the Swans to get on my nerves since she knows I'm pretty passionate about the Dogs.

I've given up on converting her as she still occasionally calls it gayfl to get to me. Although we are going to 2 games in 2 weeks (Swans v Dons and Dogs v Dons) so maybe there is hope.

Still she likes to think that the kids (if and when they eventually come) will have a choice of who they support. I've told her that if she gets more passionate then maybe she can challenge my Dogs dictatorship.

comrade
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I have dated quite a number of Carlton supporters, which is strange considering they are the team I hate most. My current "stalkee" is a West Coast supporter who admitted to having a "soft spot" for Carlton (that's already waning after my little chat with her on Carlton's history). I will have to work hard to convert this one.

How can anyone who doesn’t support them, have a soft spot for Carlton? They have absolutely no redeeming qualities what so ever.

Or is she into the whole ‘gangland, salary cap rorting, sex scandal’* kind of thing.

*I know I’ve missed more indiscretions

mighty_west
06-07-2009, 12:16 PM
My better half WAS a Richmond supporter :o

But i was able to convert her, she was even a paid up Doggies member for a few seasons, mainly because she wanted to goto games with me, and i would NEVER goto Richmond games, but yeah, she is now a Doggies supporter although not REALLY supporter if you know what i mean, i think it's more she wants the Doggies to win so i'm in a good mood, but on the odd occasion she comes to a few games these days, she dons the red white & blue.

However she hates Wayne Campbell & Richo, she thinks Richo is a big sook.

Like many, her favourite is big Will, she thinks Gia is hot, but she claims her husband is really Luke Darcy!

aker39
06-07-2009, 12:16 PM

Price fixing

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Hawthorn.

:D

chef
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Price fixing

Tanking.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 12:21 PM
My husband supports Hawthorn and our eldest son supports Brisbane, but not that keenly. Our youngest supports the Dogs, but I think this is more because we live in Kingsville and the Dogs do get a lot support from the kids in this area, rather than following who I support, but we do go to the game together most weeks.

We were a bit disappointed on Sat night as we tried to stir hubby by ringing him at half time to say can you come and get us now as the game is over - but he didn't bite.

Mofra
06-07-2009, 12:21 PM
How can anyone who doesn’t support them, have a soft spot for Carlton? They have absolutely no redeeming qualities what so ever.
The re-education process will be very quick methinks. No Orwellian Ministry of Love required.

ledge
06-07-2009, 12:25 PM

Or is she into the whole ‘gangland, salary cap rorting, sex scandal’* kind of thing.

Corporate criminal presidents, who price fixed and one even got barred from holding exec positions and declared himself bankrupt i believe.
Another one is now doing over clubs including his own with shite stadium deals.

Come to think of it, its quicker to name the legal things they have done........ there you go.

Should have a competition, can anyone name the last Carlton president who wasnt corrupt in some way.
Wouldnt be hard to turn a lady Carlton supporter away from Carlton with the respect for women they have.

soupman
06-07-2009, 12:31 PM
But it is also my right to raise my children in a red white and blue bubble where the only words they will learn will be 'griffen', 'coon', and 'gee Higgins is gonna be a star'.

Surely that isn't politically correct.

Cyberdoggie
06-07-2009, 12:40 PM

My partner is the same. She seems to have her eyes fixed on Will and Josh Hill.

When we started going out she wasn't really a football follower but she enjoys watching games live. She mentioned barracking for Port Adelaide due to some work affiliations in the past, I quickly flushed that out of her and now she is a Dogs member and proudly wears the red white and blue. Her friends think i have brainwashed her as the can't imagine she would be a Football chick!

Now we are engaged and she knows when checking our availability for get togethers and the like, she checks the footy fixture to see if the bulldogs are playing that day, then she will check if Port Melbourne or Williamstown are playing before hand.

Rocco Jones
06-07-2009, 12:50 PM

When we started going out she wasn't really a football follower but she enjoys watching games live. She mentioned barracking for Port Adelaide due to some work affiliations in the past, I quickly flushed that out of her and now she is a Dogs member and proudly wears the red white and blue. Her friends think i have brainwashed her as the can't imagine she would be a Football chick!

Now we are engaged and she knows when checking our availability for get togethers and the like, she checks the footy fixture to see if the bulldogs are playing that day, then she will check if Port Melbourne or Williamstown are playing before hand.

You are a very lucky man. We need to convert Frank next though.

Twodogs
06-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Now we are engaged

Congratns Al. She's a good catch man.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Taking the darl' along on Friday night?

Yeah.

One of her best friends has a corporate box and princess will not be seen with us commoners, so I we'll be in a box and I'm sure to be ejected by quarter time.

Our relationship was in real jepordy when she said that our first child will be drapped in black and white. It was a war that I was willing to go all the way for, thankfully she surrendered.

Don't get me started Sedat :D Having a partner with one eye makes for many collisions!!!!

Twodogs
06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah.

One of her best friends has a corporate box and princess will not be seen with us commoners, so I we'll be in a box and I'm sure to be ejected by quarter time.

Our relationship was in real jepordy when she said that our first child will be drapped in black and white. It was a war that I was willing to go all the way for, thankfully she surrendered.

Don't get me started Sedat :D Having a partner with one eye makes for many collisions!!!!

If you need any help fighting thast one...

Sockeye Salmon
06-07-2009, 01:17 PM

Wow. As of when?

Congratulations, Alex. But I gotta say, she's way too good for you.

Desipura
06-07-2009, 01:34 PM

My wife is exactly the same, although she only just recently caught on why we went to the Gold Coast 2 weeks ago (coincided with us having the bye)

aker39
06-07-2009, 01:54 PM
My wife is exactly the same, although she only just recently caught on why we went to the Gold Coast 2 weeks ago (coincided with us having the bye)

Like my FAMILY holiday to the Gold Coast last year just happened to coincide with the Doggies playing at Brisbane.

Sockeye Salmon
06-07-2009, 02:37 PM

My little boy was 3 before my wife found out that he was named after Daniel Cross.

Desipura
06-07-2009, 03:50 PM
My little boy was 3 before my wife found out that he was named after Daniel Cross.
No wonder you took me to task when I queried why Cross had not improved his kicking. :D

Remi Moses
06-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Sydney but not with any real interest. Much prefers it when the dogs win,always her first words when i come home are ''Did you win'' If I reply yes a sigh then ''Thank god'' is uttered.

BulldogBelle
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Collingwood filth unfortunately. All the kids are doggies, and her allegiance has definitely waned over the years.

Axe Man
06-07-2009, 06:05 PM
My girlfriend is from Adelaide so she follows Adelaide, not sure I will ever be able to totally turn her. The Bulldogs are certainly her second team now though and she has taken to wearing a doggies scarf and barracking for us at games.

If we ever have kids there is no chance they will be permitted to follow anybody other than the dogs.

On a side note, in a victory for good over evil my mum now barracks for the dogs after being a Collingwood supporter most of her life.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I met my wife at a Bulldogs v Lions game at the GABBA in June of 1999.
She was an overseas student from Taiwan living with my cousin on the Gold Coast at the time and was a ring in for a friend of my cousin who pulled out of the game at the last minute.

The game was played in a torrential downpour and we had a fantastic time in the rain cheering the Dogs to a win.
The next day I said to my flatmate that I thought I had just met the woman I would marry. That dream came true 2 years later.

I'm happy to say that in addition to being a the perfect partner, she has become a most passionate Doggies supporter and has been a member with me for 5 years.
It's definitely a bonus during footy season having my wife cheering for the same team. Come to think of it she loves cricket as well, so summer and winter sport watching is never a problem.

The only problem is that over the years she has respectively thought Kingsley Hunter, Trent Bartlett and Ricky Ponting were hotties!:eek:

So whenever I start thinking how good I must be to have won my wifes' affections I'm instantly reminded of her obvious terrible judge of looks.:(

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 07:01 PM
My fiance was a Collingwood supporter when i met her, i quickly put a stop to that.

Converted here over to the dogs, and now she loves the club & Gilbee.

My 3 year old daughter is a dogs fan, and probably has more Bulldog stuff then me, already :eek:

Her favourite player is Aker, i am very proud to have a house hold full of Bulldog fans :D

My mum was a Carlton supporter all her life, but starting coming along to games with me & my Dad. During the late 90's there was a shift, and now she is a full fledged Bulldog member.

Bulldog4life
06-07-2009, 07:05 PM
My wife was a bulldog supporter before we met but not as passionate as me at the time.
She is now a very keen supporter of the doggies, loves Ryan Hargrave's legs, and we both are Social Club members who go to all the Melbourne based matches.

Unfortunately things didn't go according to plan with our 3 daughers. One is a doggie supporter but 2 follow Collingwood. An ex husband and an ex wife are the culprits. Thet's why they are ex's :D

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Hubby is a Collingwood supporter! I figure it's a bit like having a disability, cause he can't help it! He grew up over the road from the ground, and from a very young age, went to the footy - what can you do? For a Magpie, he is reasonably fair, and even goes to Bulldogs games with me sometimes and barracks for us (except when we play the Pies!). It should be interesting Friday night, as he is already mouthing off at me about how much they will beat us by! This is unusual for him, and he must be very confident! Mind you, at quarter time on Saturday night, I sent him a text which said "Be Very Afraid!".

Sockeye Salmon
06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
My Scottish wife is not really interested in footy. She doesn't even have an allegiance to any teams in the SPL. (Thinks all football supporters are hooligans - probably a reaction to growing up in the UK during the 70's and 80's).

She would be very happy to see the Doggies get up and win the GF. I think she thinks that when we do win one a part of my life will be complete and I may not be as keen to go to the footy in the future.

Our household is exactly the same. My wife is a Kiwi though.

My birthday is March 23rd which last year fell on Easter Sunday and co-incidentaly happened to be round 1 v Adelaide and Johnno's 300th.

My wife set up a family lunch with an Easter egg hunt for the kids.

I went to the footy.

The best bit was instead of turning up at 2pm as my wife arranged, my family turned up at 5pm because they all knew I wouldn't be there before then.

boydogs
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Mind you, at quarter time on Saturday night, I sent him a text which said "Be Very Afraid!".

It was a good answer to their win on Friday night - I am full of confidence now after the Hawks game :)

Sedat
06-07-2009, 11:19 PM
She was an overseas student from Taiwan living with my cousin on the Gold Coast at the time and was a ring in for a friend of my cousin who pulled out of the game at the last minute.

The game was played in a torrential downpour and we had a fantastic time in the rain cheering the Dogs to a win.(
Great story YHF. I was also at that game, coincidently my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were spending a weekend away on the Gold Coast. Just a coincidence that the Dogs happened to be playing that weekend ;)

I even managed to park the car in the back yard of the house around the corner from the Gabba that the Coodabeens are always talking about on their program. And the nuffies working the gates at the Gabba let us in with our AFL memberships for nothing. Was a great weekend.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 11:21 PM
My missus used to work for the Saints when she came here from NZ. I converted her to the Bulldogs right away :D

Scraggers
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
My wife is a passionate Dockers supporter :(

Funny side of it though, my daughters first complete sentence was:-

Kick the bloody thing ... Jeez Dockers !! :D

Twodogs
07-07-2009, 01:21 PM

The game was played in a torrential downpour and we had a fantastic time in the rain cheering the Dogs to a win.
The next day I said to my flatmate that I thought I had just met the woman I would marry. That dream came true 2 years later.

I'm happy to say that in addition to being a the perfect partner, she has become a most passionate Doggies supporter and has been a member with me for 5 years.
It's definitely a bonus during footy season having my wife cheering for the same team. Come to think of it she loves cricket as well, so summer and winter sport watching is never a problem.

The only problem is that over the years she has respectively thought Kingsley Hunter, Trent Bartlett and Ricky Ponting were hotties!:eek:

So whenever I start thinking how good I must be to have won my wifes' affections I'm instantly reminded of her obvious terrible judge of looks.:(

Has she got a sister????

Twodogs
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Hubby is a Collingwood supporter! I figure it's a bit like having a disability, cause he can't help it! He grew up over the road from the ground, and from a very young age, went to the footy - what can you do?

:D

Love it!

The Adelaide Connection
07-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Adelaide. Her whole falmily are Crows supporters but she has developed a soft spot for the Dogs.

Raw Toast
09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Bloody Pies as well, with a soft spot for the Dogs and Murphy in particular - luckily I got my daughter to read and re-dread the members magazine with all the Brian (then) Harris pics in it while toilet-training so I won that one.

Another war likely to begin around Sept...

bulldogtragic
09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
The wife follows the Hawks and is a very vocal supporter at the footy. Last year's pre-lim was hell.

The first time i took her to the footy i thought she was theis name tame lady. The 120kg goliath in front of us following North was getting fired up, and they were winning and stil going on, so the missus started giving it to him, with snide marks for two quarters. The two women next to her then started giving this guy crap too with 90 seconds in the game to go, and they're 60 points up. He turns to the women and stares them down and says 'i've been boxing for 10 years', they laugh in his face, he yell's i get ready to go in for the headlock, and thank christ for about 10 blokes a few rows back that told him to shut the **** uo and leave them alone they're just girls. If you want to fight... So the dickhead turned back around my now wife justed started laughing hysterically at him as he kept clenching his fists and these other two girls, maybe 18 started giving it him calling him a ****wit and 'that's right, we're just FFFFing girls you dickhead'.

I then from that moment on, that i should not take her to the footy very often. She is tame, doesn't swear at the footy, but if people act up she's the one in the crowd that tells you to pull your head in, she's not backwards in coming forwards. I think she took a little bit too much confidence i was a copper at the time, and that i would have do all the 'talking'.

I have always hated seeing it when i used to go out more frequently, when the loudmouth g/f starts something, and then stands behind the b/f, whose generally got not much of a clue about what's going on and about to hapen. And isn't ready, if he is ready, has that 'look' on his face.

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 03:35 PM
My wife supports the Eagles. Fair enough, she's a WA girl, but damn, I sure wish I'd signed a pre-nuptial agreement.

G-Mo77
10-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Bulldogs!

I made sure of that before I signed on the dotted line. ;)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Great story YHF. I was also at that game, coincidently my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were spending a weekend away on the Gold Coast. Just a coincidence that the Dogs happened to be playing that weekend ;)

I even managed to park the car in the back yard of the house around the corner from the Gabba that the Coodabeens are always talking about on their program. And the nuffies working the gates at the Gabba let us in with our AFL memberships for nothing. Was a great weekend.

Was a great game... the rain was comingdown that hard the playing were just sliding all over the place. In parts of the field I was worried Libba might drown!
In addition my drinks were being watered down due to the constant rain...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-07-2009, 11:58 PM
has she got a sister????

lol!

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
My husband is a Port supporter, but he's not really that into football. He knows not to talk to me while I'm watching the Doggies play on tv. Quite often he has to leave the room because I get fairly vocal. What can I say? I just get very passionate watching "my" boys play!!

We have already argued about what team our kids would support. He has this crazy idea that you should let them decide for themselves, but I'm more for the brainwashing approach.

LostDoggy
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
My wife supports the Eagles. Fair enough, she's a WA girl, but damn, I sure wish I'd signed a pre-nuptial agreement.

Have to ask Running Dog, what would the pre-nup say? "any offspring from this union must be dogs supporters"...... or something like that? :D

Bulldog4life
12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
My husband is a Port supporter, but he's not really that into football. He knows not to talk to me while I'm watching the Doggies play on tv. Quite often he has to leave the room because I get fairly vocal. What can I say? I just get very passionate watching "my" boys play!!

We have already argued about what team our kids would support. He has this crazy idea that you should let them decide for themselves, but I'm more for the brainwashing approach.

You're a much more passionate supporter. The kids will barrack for the Doggies.:)

1eyedog
12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Carlton. She really doesn't care enough to change. She grew up there so that is the connection, nothing more, nothing less. She finds footy incredibly boring although I managed to drag her to the West Coast game at Etihad last year. When the Dogs are on there's no talking and I'm left to my own devices (most often a six-pack and a large Pizza).

Mofra
13-07-2009, 10:19 PM
He has this crazy idea that you should let them decide for themselves, but I'm more for the brainwashing approach.
Let them decide for themselves - however, remind them that only Bulldog supporters get their dinner cooked for them ;)

Of course, hubby will have to start fending for himself unless he's the cooking type which means you've married well anyway.

LostDoggy
14-07-2009, 12:08 AM
My cousin is bulldog supporter through and through. He married about 10 years back and has had 2 boys since and 1 girl from her previous marriage. The wife and her family are pies fans and now all the kids are pies fans. The relos and wife basically brainwashed the kids (hard to do when are they pies fans). I suppose its a reason why he is still married and I ain't, but I'm so disappointed in him as I would have been throwing anything Collingwood in the bin (not in my house).

The Coon Dog
15-07-2009, 10:40 AM
For those who's partner's barrack for Collingwood, how did they treat you this week?

Sedat
15-07-2009, 11:06 AM
For those who's partner's barrack for Collingwood, how did they treat you this week?
My in-laws (who were watching the game at our place) and my wife were fine. They don't break my chops at all, and likewise I don't when we have beaten the filth in the past. Truth be told, the father-in-law was relieved just to have gotten over the line - he was having heart palpatations througout the last qtr.

LostDoggy
15-07-2009, 01:32 PM

Oh, well, there have been a number of sentences beginning with "........and the point is" followed by a big grin. He hasn't been too bad, and the truth is, he admitted he was darn worried in the last quarter. We don't sit together at the footy - he is an AFL member and sits virtually opposite me on the other side of the ground, so we were sending each other texts during the game. Me, checking to see if he had his glasses on when he texted about Davis' dazzling mark (clearly out of bounds), and him giving me cheek (up to 3/4 time). Then it was silent - I wouldn't have heard my phone anyway, cause I was screaming and cheering so much :D I guess he can afford to be smug and silent, cause at the end of the day, all people remember is that they won, not that we gave them a 3 quarter start and scared the bee-jeezus out of them in the last quarter!