PDA

View Full Version : The Rumour Mill: Ottens Injury

The Adelaide Connection
06-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Was talking to a cats fan that was sitting next to me at the game on Sunday and he tells me that his friend is in the Geelong inner sanctum and alledgedly his knee is just about right but it is his back that is now the major concern. He was saying they are really concerned and that he may not play another game this year! Would be a huge blow to them if true.

The Coon Dog
06-07-2009, 08:13 PM
He was saying they are really concerned and that he may not play another game this year! Would be a huge blow to them if true.

Especially as it would mean Blake would continue to get a game.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Ouch..
Well at least they dont really need him in the ruck, the cats have that right.
But none-the-less, a massive blow if true..

Mofra
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
You think? Blake & Mumford isn't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of opposition ruckmen - or match committees.

mighty_west
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
You think? Blake & Mumford isn't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of opposition ruckmen - or match committees.

Exactly, i wouldn't mind seeing Huddo & Minno getting stuck right into those two on Grand Final day, a fit & firing Ottens gives the Cats so much, in the ruck plus as a tall option up forward.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Well, i reckon their doing an underrated job
Theyre getting their job done, but dont get me wrong, no Ottens will hurt them.

Topdog
06-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Ouch..
But none-the-less, a massive blow if true..

Yeah true they coped with Gardiner quite well.

Remi Moses
06-07-2009, 09:15 PM
The cloak and dagger stuff that is injuries in football is getting silly. I'm sure ottens was only out for a few weeks with that knee injury!:eek:Low grade medial we heard from Bomber thompson.

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Even if he comes back in 2009, I doubt he will be very damaging given it takes a while to recover.

The Adelaide Connection
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Even if he comes back in 2009, I doubt he will be very damaging given it takes a while to recover.

Yeah totally agree, especially if it is his back. If it was only knee he could still be doing upper body stuff and some pool work, if it was back you'd imagine he'd be unable to do much and therefore it would take longer to get his fitness back. If he does make it back for finals and they rush him back that could be a win to other clubs.

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Mofra, have to agree, from what I saw on Sunday, the bearded wonder and Big Wilbur could take them on easily :D If it's true about Ottens, it's back luck for the Cats, but hey, you gotta look on the bright side - it's pretty good news for us :)

mighty_west
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah totally agree, especially if it is his back. If it was only knee he could still be doing upper body stuff and some pool work, if it was back you'd imagine he'd be unable to do much and therefore it would take longer to get his fitness back. If he does make it back for finals and they rush him back that could be a win to other clubs.

Yep, Geelong would be crazy to risk a player like Ottens when it comes to finals time IF he has a back problem, the Blake / Mumford combo is working for them, they are still winning games with relitive ease [except against the Saints & Dogs], however,with a team with little weaknesses to their game, that combo could be put to the test by a more physical mature ruck combo, could really be the difference.

Momford looks ok for a young ruckman, but Blake is a spud.

The Adelaide Connection
14-07-2009, 06:52 PM
On fox sports today:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25778991-5018851,00.html

"...Sightings of injured star Brad Ottens in Geelong are becoming as legendary as the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland..."

"...Since that Round 2 game against Richmond, Ottens has been permanently listed as between 2-3 weeks away on the Cats' injury report that is released every Tuesday. It seems nothing has changed.

According to Geelong captain Tom Harley, Ottens is "probably still" two or three weeks away..."

"...The rumour mill had Ottens easing off again last week because of back soreness. This came after Cats coach Mark Thompson had declared Ottens had "hit a wall again"...."

I like to think the Rumour mill they refer to is indeed the Woof rumour mill :D

The Pie Man
14-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Especially as it would mean Blake would continue to get a game.

How bad do they regret trading King for nothing now?