PDA

View Full Version : Jared Brennan's Headbutt on Josh Carr

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Was given 2 weeks, 1 week with an early plea...

I know he has a good record but are you serious? Do the AFL condone headbutting now?

That is a poor decision IMO. Carr came off with blood flowing down his face its not like it was an accident. Im not a Brennan hater, I quite enjoy watching him but I think he deserved 4 weeks at minimum. 1 is a weak effort by the panel. :confused:

Thoughts? Video below if you haven't seen it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5XBNAjdO8

AndrewP6
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Was given 2 weeks, 1 week with an early plea...

I know he has a good record but are you serious? Do the AFL condone headbutting now?

That is a poor decision IMO. Carr came off with blood flowing down his face its not like it was an accident. Im not a Brennan hater, I quite enjoy watching him but I think he deserved 4 weeks at minimum. 1 is a weak effort by the panel. :confused:

Thoughts? Video below if you haven't seen it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5XBNAjdO8

Agreed, shocking decision... and didn't some other guy get 3 weeks for a punch?

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Agreed, shocking decision... and didn't some other guy get 3 weeks for a punch?

Yes Colin Sylvia...that was pretty rough and unexpected on Selwood though so 3 was a good decision, but compared to the headbutt it seems heavy.

The Coon Dog
06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
He actually got 3 weeks, but gets a discount for a) an early guilty plea & b) his good record.

zD5XBNAjdO8

Remi Moses
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Good record and all probably should've been 4 with a week reduction for it being Josh Carr

AndrewP6
06-07-2009, 09:14 PM
He actually got 3 weeks, but gets a discount for a) an early guilty plea & b) his good record.

zD5XBNAjdO8

Still think it's rubbish...headbutt is a low act... they're way too lenient giving discounts like that... stupid system...

LostDoggy
06-07-2009, 09:56 PM
They go on about how well Gardiner played yesterday when he should have been suspended for the game. I believe he got 2 weeks when 5 suited the crime.

Desipura
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM
when you hit Carr, you should get off, only when you hit Carr though

bornadog
07-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I think there should be a minimum for some of these indiscretions no matter if you plead guilty or have a good record. A deliberate head-butt should have a minimum of at least three weeks and no less for early pleas etc.

Ozza
07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Completely agree that 1 week (or 3 with all the concessions) is very light for that sort of act.

Should have been 5 reduced to 3.

Topdog
07-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I thought it should have been passed to the tribunal.

strebla
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I thought it should have been passed to the tribunal.

I agre with you Topog the tibunal panel would have been the better option for me aswell.

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Silly getting sucked in by Carr and should have got more time but TERRIFIC stuff Brennan:D

Sedat
07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
He should have headbutted that annoying pain-in-the-ass Port runner - probably would have got off if he had.

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Imagine if that had have happened on Friday night where there is a massive TV audience & 439 different cameras including one in Josh Carr's head so you see Brennan's noggin coming at you.

How many weeks would he have got?

If you gonna biff someone, do it when it's the Foxtel game where there's a fella perched atop a cherry picker with a handycam.

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Imagine if that had have happened on Friday night where there is a massive TV audience & 439 different cameras including one in Josh Carr's head so you see Brennan's noggin coming at you.

I think he would have gotten off that night, 438 of those cameras would have been pointed on Tom Cruise :cool:

The Adelaide Connection
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I was at the game on Sunday and there was an incident where there was high, late contact to Travis Varcoes head after he had taken a mark. I am pretty sure that he kicked a goal after he eventually was able to get to his feet.

So far this incident hasn't even been mentioned in the MRP report. Does anyone remember seeing this on TV? Was it as bad as it looked. Everyone around me was talking 2-3 weeks (even a saint supporter next to me).

mighty_west
07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I think Brennan should have been GIVEN a few weeks credit for headbutting that moron.

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
So far this incident hasn't even been mentioned in the MRP report. Does anyone remember seeing this on TV? Was it as bad as it looked. Everyone around me was talking 2-3 weeks (even a saint supporter next to me).

Nah, just incidental contact from Zac Dawson. Worth a free kick, that's all.

mighty_west
07-07-2009, 04:01 PM
when you hit Carr, you should get off, only when you hit Carr though

Yes, the Jeff Farmer rule...;)

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I think Brennan should have been GIVEN a few weeks credit for headbutting that moron.

Ha ha ha. If only this was the case.

Throughandthrough
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
He should have headbutted that annoying pain-in-the-ass Port runner - probably would have got off if he had.

That tosser (David Armfield) is actually available as a public speaker!

(not aware of him ever getting a gig...)