PDA

View Full Version : Hall Quits effective immediately

bornadog
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Hall has quit footy and says he will no longer play and will not play for another team.

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Didn't he say he was going to take a break and evaluate his future?

bornadog
07-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Didn't he say he was going to take a break and evaluate his future?

He said he couldn't play for another team against the Swans. He is thinking about the boxing route.

Dancin' Douggy
07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Makes it easier for us to make a decision then

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Will get his head right, do an 'Aker', name the dogs and win a premiership with us.

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 06:41 PM
He said he couldn't play for another team against the Swans. He is thinking about the boxing route.

Yeah, you're right...he did say that... I stand corrected :)

Reckon he might go to the Dogs... think he's left now so that he can still have some semblance of a positive reputation...

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah, you're right...he did say that... I stand corrected :)

Reckon he might go to the Dogs... think he's left now so that he can still have some semblance of a positive reputation...
100% agree. The only wat to save his AFL career was to walk away. Give him 6 months to clear his mind and let people think about his form before a few stupid actions.

Our only competition is Colingwood i reckon. I'd like him to come out like Aker and nominate his relationship with Eade as the only way he could recontinue his career (i.e. 5th rounder trade or PSD pick).

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Given that he's out of contract, can he nominate for the National Draft? In the past it was always the PSD, but I have a feeling there was a change.

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Given that he's out of contract, can he nominate for the National Draft? In the past it was always the PSD, but I have a feeling there was a change.
I think you are right. But that would add a certain amount of risk wouldn't it. I'd prefer him wait until the PSD and nominate us. I think Collingwood could really use him well and go to the next level.

The Pie Man
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Cousins nominated for the regualr draft, so I imagine someone like Barry could should he choose to.

BulldogBelle
07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Step 1- Hall quits
Step 2- Smorgon, Eade and the players start saying that Hall would be welcome at the Whitten Oval in 2010
Step 3- Smorgon etc all speak directly to Hall behind closed doors...salary, 1 year deal etc
Step 4- Hall publicaly states that the Dogs are his prefered destination for the 2010 season
Step 5- Hall has already 'quit' the Swans, that doesnt put them in a very strong bargaining position, we offer them a 3rd round pick for Hall....they get that or get nothing via the PSD.

The wheels are already turning. We will have Hall in 2010

Forget about Collingwood. They have Cloke, Anthony and a resting Fraser

We only need Hall for 2010, hopefully he will teach Grant and Cordy a thing or two about the forward line

Feel sorry for whoever needs to spar with him at training...hopefully Peter Rhode will come back to the club for some training (oh that was nasty)

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Step 1- Hall quits
Step 2- Smorgon, Eade and the players start saying that Hall would be welcome at the Whitten Oval in 2010
Step 3- Smorgon etc all speak directly to Hall behind closed doors...salary, 1 year deal etc
Step 4- Hall publicaly states that the Dogs are his prefered destination for the 2010 season
Step 5- Hall has already 'quit' the Swans, that doesnt put them in a very strong bargaining position, we offer them a 3rd round pick for Hall....they get that or get nothing via the PSD

The wheels are already turning. We will have Hall in 2010.
Yes, but for a 4th rounder.

BulldogBelle
07-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Johnny Lewis thinks that Barry Hall should play for the Dogs if he chooses to continue on with footy in 2010....

Boxing is ready for Barry Hall to go the biff (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25748509-19742,00.html)
The Herald Sun
Jon Anderson | July 07, 2009 | 8.05PM

"If he does, he'll be successful (boxing). If he has any doubts, it won't work out. But I have confidence Barry will make the right decision and right now I firmly believe that should be to play next year with the Western Bulldogs.

"How many goals would he kick on the end of their delivery, and how much bigger would those boys be with him alongside them?''

Click the link for the full article....

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Danny Green is right. He would kick a heap of goals with our disposal and be the kind of big guy to lift us when we need it every now and then. Awesome, i hope we get him.

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Hall with Aker and Johno crumbing, Bob Murphy hitting up, Grant out in the pocket with a 5th string defender, and running Hahn, Gia, Higgins, Coons etc, etc through the pocket.

One or two years and Grant, Jones, Roughy and Cordy will be matured and ready.

I'm all aboard now. He has quit like Aker, and his camp have nominated the dogs like Aker. The swans could get a 4th pick or nothing for him. As they rebuild i'm sure they'll take the 4th pick.

BulldogBelle
07-07-2009, 10:53 PM
I cant remember this year or last year Hall getting too aggressive at all with any of our players

Possibly thinking he may come over and play one day

Rocco Jones
07-07-2009, 10:58 PM
It's Johnny Lewis who is saying that Hall should play for the Bulldogs.

BulldogBelle
07-07-2009, 11:05 PM
It's Johnny Lewis who is saying that Hall should play for the Bulldogs.

Good pickup RJ, will change the post title. :)

hujsh
07-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I cant remember this year or last year Hall getting too aggressive at all with any of our players

Wasn't he in the photo where it appeared he belted Chris Grant?

Surprised someone who was hated for this not long ago has been forgiven so easily

AndrewP6
08-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Wasn't he in the photo where it appeared he belted Chris Grant?

Surprised someone who was hated for this not long ago has been forgiven so easily

Win us a premiership and we'll vote him Club President (Sorry Smorgo!) It's that phenomenon where you hate a player until he joins (or, possibly joins) your team...