PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Catch Up Friday Night

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Anyone interested in catching up before the game on Friday night?

I reckon many will get there early Friday so if you want, perhaps meet up in the Victory Room & catch up.

I think it's about Aisle 18 on level 1.

Might be a good idea to wear Ben Hudson T-Shirts.

aker39
07-07-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm up for it Baz, but do you mean Victory Room - Social Club or Victory Room - plebs bar

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm up for it Baz, but do you mean Victory Room - Social Club or Victory Room - plebs bar

Didn't know there were 2 of them.

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Im up for it, I should be recieving my shirt in the mail sometime this week!

aker39
07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
The big room that runs form about Aisle 11 to Aisle 16 is the Victory Room.

They then split it up in to seperate rooms. From about Aisle 11 to 13 is now exclusive for AFL Members.

Then about Aisle 14, there is now a public bar/food area.

Aisle 15 to 16 is Bulldogs Social Club.

If most people on here are social club members, we can just make it the social club room.

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh...wish we could, but can't make it to the game this week. Bummer - maybe next time ;) !

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 06:16 PM
If most people on here are social club members, we can just make it the social club room.
Sounds good to me, see anyone who wants there then Friday night.

ledge
07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
i wanna catch up but not a social member

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 06:20 PM
i wanna catch up but not a social member

Im a social club member I'll be there..maybe we can wave to you at the door ledge? ;) j/k

ledge
07-07-2009, 06:21 PM
i lied my way in last time using the kids as excuse, no kids this time, make it a public bar, what time and exact area?

G-Mo77
07-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I probably could get there. I did upgrade my membership to Social Club but have nothing to show for it other than -$95 from my Bank Account. Last year I got a key ring? What did you guys get to show you're a Social Club member.

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
What did you guys get to show you're a Social Club member.
A key ring.

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I probably could get there. I did upgrade my membership to Social Club but have nothing to show for it other than -$95 from my Bank Account. Last year I got a key ring? What did you guys get to show you're a Social Club member.

I got a key ring this year, a small plastic rubber type its not very good and I think I lost it. You can gain entry by showing your membership card that says Social Club Member on it..

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM

Yeah, a little key ring in the shape of a guernsey...but that won't get you into the Victory Room. I got a new membership card with "Socal Club Adult" printed on the back... that gets you in. (Note the impressive spelling of "Social"! The club offered to replace these, but I couldn't be bothered)

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I'll be there for dinner in the Social Club...don't have a BHBAS t-shirt...but I am sort of recognisable!

Throughandthrough
07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Can i ask for early nominations for the week after when I will be there?

(with the t-shirt, natch)

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Can i ask for early nominations for the week after when I will be there?

(with the t-shirt, natch)

Bit hard that week as its an 'away' game.

Mantis
07-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Tough choice.... Drinking free grog up in the box or catching up with all you unwashed folk in a public area.

I'll get back to you. :D

LostDoggy
07-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Sounds good, what time? We were in there last week after the game, when Morris, Shaggy and Ward came in to say a few words. I think we sang the club song 4 or 5 times:D

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Sounds good, what time? We were in there last week after the game, when Morris, Shaggy and Ward came in to say a few words. I think we sang the club song 4 or 5 times:D

Before the game sometime.

Sockeye Salmon
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
I'll be there for dinner in the Social Club...don't have a BHBAS t-shirt...but I am sort of recognisable!

????

What, you have two heads or something?

BornInDroopSt'54
07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
????

Not that out of this world - wheelchair.

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
????

HAHAHAHAHAHA!Sorry, that was a bit cryptic... no, I only have one head (insert Tasmanian joke here) but I'm in a wheelchair...so that kind of makes me stick out when someone is searching!

bornadog
07-07-2009, 11:29 PM
A key ring.

They won't accept a Key ring, your membership will indicate you have social club access, something like Gold Member on it.

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
They won't accept a Key ring, your membership will indicate you have social club access, something like Gold Member on it.
Just checked mine & on the back it says 'Premiership Gold'. Thanks bornadog.

bornadog
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Just checked mine & on the back it says 'Premiership Gold'. Thanks bornadog.

Hopefully I will drop in.

Sockeye Salmon
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!Sorry, that was a bit cryptic... no, I only have one head (insert Tasmanian joke here) but I'm in a wheelchair...so that kind of makes me stick out when someone is searching!

My bad.

You do get to sit in the best seats at Docklands, but.

:)

The Underdog
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I'll try but going with a few of the enemy as well as a recent convert (got one!) so might be rude to duck out on them.

The Coon Dog
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I'll try but going with a few of the enemy as well as a recent convert (got one!) so might be rude to duck out on them.

**** 'em! If they don't know you're rude by now, time for them to learn. See you there! :D

comrade
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM

Two heads AND a wheelchair would've been really impressive :D

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 11:55 PM
My bad.

You do get to sit in the best seats at Docklands, but.

:)

Yeah, it does have some perks... although at times I wish I was eight again, and someone could carry me down to the front row seats!...

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 11:57 PM

Hey, don't joke, I know some people like that...

OK, so that was a little lie... :)

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 11:58 PM

And easy to find in a crowd!

Desipura
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I'll be there, sadly I only recognise TCD & SS's scones :D

Sockeye Salmon
08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll be there, sadly I only recognise TCD & SS's scones :D

You've hit the jackpot there. Two fairly attractive scones to look at, it must be said.

Unfortunately I'll be stuck at home watching on delay and trying to avoid ES's text messages looking after the little bloke while the bride is at work.

LostDoggy
08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Are little old ladies invited too? :D

aker39
08-07-2009, 10:06 AM

Did they send you a new membership ticket.

If not, I'd follow that up, because you will have a new bar code number and you will need that come Grand Final week.:)

aker39
08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Sounds good, what time?

As I don't have a reserved seat and am not guaranteed entry, I will be getting there early to make sure I get in.

The Coon Dog
08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Are little old ladies invited too? :D

Sure are Larry6.

The Underdog
08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
You've hit the jackpot there. Two fairly attractive scones to look at, it must be said.

Unfortunately I'll be stuck at home watching on delay and trying to avoid ES's text messages looking after the little bloke while the bride is at work.

Sounds like my Saturday night last week (except ES's text's).

Axe Man
08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
It's my second year as a social club member and I've never been near the place. Might try to pop in after the game and see what my money is paying for.

The Coon Dog
08-07-2009, 01:38 PM
It's my second year as a social club member and I've never been near the place. Might try to pop in after the game and see what my money is paying for.
Pop in before too & say hello!

G-Mo77
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, a little key ring in the shape of a guernsey...but that won't get you into the Victory Room. I got a new membership card with "Socal Club Adult" printed on the back... that gets you in. (Note the impressive spelling of "Social"! The club offered to replace these, but I couldn't be bothered)

I just rang the club and they said they would send me a Key Ring today but nothing is written on my card. She said on the phone that I shouldn't need another card?

craigsahibee
08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I just rang the club and they said they would send me a Key Ring today but nothing is written on my card. She said on the phone that I shouldn't need another card?

That's incorrect. The security duys on the door check the printing on the back of all the membership cards. Social Club keyrings mean diddly.

G-Mo77
08-07-2009, 03:44 PM
That's incorrect. The security duys on the door check the printing on the back of all the membership cards. Social Club keyrings mean diddly.

Pefect :rolleyes:

AndrewP6
08-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Hmm... curiouser and curiouser :). I thought all SC members had this printed on their cards...

aker39
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Hmm... curiouser and curiouser :). I thought all SC members had this printed on their cards...

G-Mo77 upgraded throughout the year, so his initial membership ticket just shows him as a "normal" member.

G-Mo77
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
G-Mo77 upgraded throughout the year, so his initial membership ticket just shows him as a "normal" member.

Yep that's correct. I'll try to get in with my Keyring, if I can't I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid.

AndrewP6
08-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Yep that's correct. I'll try to get in with my Keyring, if I can't I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid.

Sorry G-Mo77... not sure why we've been given different information... good luck!

Sedat
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Enjoy the night guys. I'll be at home entertaining the in-laws and having to put up with their black & white blinkers.

Axe Man
08-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Pop in before too & say hello!

Would love to but even after knocking off work over an hour early I wont get there until 6:30pm (after a 1.5 hour train ride), at which point I will be scrambling to find a seat in GA.

Axe Man
08-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Membership lady is wrong. I upgraded last year and the club sent me a new card quite promptly. I'm pretty sure you need a new barcode number which is classified as social club - will be very important if we happen to make it to the grand final.

G-Mo77
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Membership lady is wrong. I upgraded last year and the club sent me a new card quite promptly. I'm pretty sure you need a new barcode number which is classified as social club - will be very important if we happen to make it to the grand final.

She asked me to read the barcode out to her and said that it was a Social Club Membership. I really can't remember if I got a new card last year or not. I'm pretty sure I got just a Key Ring.

bornadog
08-07-2009, 06:54 PM
She asked me to read the barcode out to her and said that it was a Social Club Membership. I really can't remember if I got a new card last year or not. I'm pretty sure I got just a Key Ring.

Does your card say Premiership Gold? If so, that includes social club

ledge
08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Looks like the invite is only for social members.

BornInDroopSt'54
08-07-2009, 10:24 PM
It's a pity being normal isn't enough. I may be anti-social as my default position but I'd like to meet you guys and I'll be at the game. I'm prepared to call the bluff of these officious doormen and see if they aren't generous after all. I may see you there yet.

aker39
09-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Does your card say Premiership Gold? If so, that includes social club

Have you read this thread from start to finish:confused:

Desipura
09-07-2009, 09:10 AM
It's a pity being normal isn't enough. I may be anti-social as my default position but I'd like to meet you guys and I'll be at the game. I'm prepared to call the bluff of these officious doormen and see if they aren't generous after all. I may see you there yet.

If someone can point out a woof member trying to get in, I will be able to get them in.

bornadog
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Have you read this thread from start to finish:confused:

Yes I have. If some one has upgraded they need a new membership card. If they ring the membership department and ask for the new card, and explain they need it for Social club, the club is obliged to print a new one.

aker39
09-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes I have. If some one has upgraded they need a new membership card. If they ring the membership department and ask for the new card, and explain they need it for Social club, the club is obliged to print a new one.

It was just that when you asked the question: Does your card say premiership Gold?

This had been answered already.

PS - If you are a social club member without a reserved seat, your card will just say Social Club adult.

bornadog
09-07-2009, 05:27 PM
It was just that when you asked the question: Does your card say premiership Gold?

This had been answered already.

PS - If you are a social club member without a reserved seat, your card will just say Social Club adult.

sorry, I did miss that bit:o

LostDoggy
09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
So what time ya'll gunna be there?

Im walking down after work so ill be in there just before 7, im assuming the game starts at 7.40

Hopefully someone is wearing their Huddo shirt as I am so I know which group of supporters to approach with caution :)

The Coon Dog
09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
So what time ya'll gunna be there?

Im walking down after work so ill be in there just before 7, im assuming the game starts at 7.40

Hopefully someone is wearing their Huddo shirt as I am so I know which group of supporters to approach with caution :)

Not sure what time I'll be there Alex, depends on when I leave & traffic, but hopefully early.

Raw Toast
09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Hope you all have a grand night - I'm married to the enemy, and we couldn't get a ticket for her in time so out of the goodness of my heart (and while she's carrying around what should be another dogs member), we'll drop the 3yo at the inlaws, have dinner and a movie and be back in time for the delayed broadcast.

Ozza
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Have a good night there guys and girls. Missing tonights game due to a work function - but am having the game recorded - so hopefully I'll be watching a good win with a good hangover on Saturday morning.

Desipura
11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
It was good to catch up with TCD, Bornadog, Mantis, Comrade, FDOTM & Andrew Purser (I may have missed someone?). All nice to put a face to a name allbeit for only a small chat.
It was even nice to meet bornadog, too bad the feeling was not mutual:D
PS Thanks for the cap TCD!

AndrewP6
11-07-2009, 01:07 PM
It was good to catch up with TCD, Bornadog, Mantis, Comrade, FDOTM & Andrew Purser (I may have missed someone?). All nice to put a face to a name allbeit for only a small chat.

I said I might change my username, you've changed it for me! :)

The night finished badly, but started well meeting some WOOFers... and the caps are great. Might now have to get me one of those BHBAS t-shirts... peer pressure is a powerful thing. Nice to meet some of you guys...and it was amazing to buy my Footy Record off a former student!

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I wore my Huddo shirt but got to the game a bit later than expected...will try and catch up next home game everyone is in the social club.

The lady that sits behind me every game mentioned my shirt and how you could see them everywhere in the social club! Very noticeable shirts. Good Stuff.

bornadog
11-07-2009, 02:28 PM

Of course it was mutual, I enjoyed meeting all, not sure what you mean. Sorry if you thought I was unfriendly, I was nervous before the game.

Desipura
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I actually stepped out to say a quick Hi to a mate than I was coming back to the Victory Room to contniue chatting, unfortunately I took too long and you guys had left. Admittedly it was 10 minutes before the bounce.

Desipura
11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I said I might change my username, you've changed it for me! :)

The night finished badly, but started well meeting some WOOFers... and the caps are great. Might now have to get me one of those BHBAS t-shirts... peer pressure is a powerful thing. Nice to meet some of you guys...and it was amazing to buy my Footy Record off a former student!

sorry bud, Purser was a favourite as he was for Micky Malthouse who rates him one of the best ruckman that he has ever coached.

Sockeye Salmon
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
sorry bud, Purser was a favourite as he was for Micky Malthouse who rates him one of the best ruckman that he has ever coached.

It's not saying much though, is it?

Some of the rucking superstars Malthouse has coached include Ryan Turnbull, Laurie Keane, Chris Bryan, Cameron Wood.

Josh Fraser is probably his next best and we saw how good a ruckman he is last night.

Desipura
11-07-2009, 10:50 PM
It's not saying much though, is it?

Some of the rucking superstars Malthouse has coached include Ryan Turnbull, Laurie Keane, Chris Bryan, Cameron Wood.

Josh Fraser is probably his next best and we saw how good a ruckman he is last night.
Perhaps not, Purser was not that tall for a ruckman and would finish a game all bruised and battered hence why he rated him so highly. Was punching way out of his division!
Malthouse also coached the ex WCE & Sydney ruckman who's name has escaped me, premiership ruckman at both clubs for memory.

AndrewP6
11-07-2009, 11:37 PM

No worries, as a kid I watched Purser, and was rapt a player had the same initials as me!

The Coon Dog
11-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Sockeye, we can confirm that AndrewP6 doesn't have 2 heads!

AndrewP6
11-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Sockeye, we can confirm that AndrewP6 doesn't have 2 heads!

:D:D:D

Thanks for the kind words!

boydogs
11-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Malthouse also coached the ex WCE & Sydney ruckman who's name has escaped me, premiership ruckman at both clubs for memory.

Jason Ball

AndrewP6
12-07-2009, 12:20 AM

Ripper of a cap... great memento for the WOOFers... showed my Mum tonight, as we went to the airport to pick up my brother from OS... she too is impressed!

The Coon Dog
12-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Ripper of a cap... great memento for the WOOFers... showed my Mum tonight, as we went to the airport to pick up my brother from OS... she too is impressed!
Don't thank me, thank GVGjr, I was just a messenger. From memory the 9 I had went to Desipura, AndrewP6, bornadog, firstdogonthemoon, nosebleed, The Dogs Bollocks, comrade, Ozza & Aker39.

AndrewP6
12-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Don't thank me, thank GVGjr, I was just a messenger. From memory the 9 I had went to Desipura, AndrewP6, bornadog, firstdogonthemoon, nosebleed, The Dogs Bollocks, comrade, Ozza & Aker39.

Oh, OK, will do... they're a great idea...

Desipura
12-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Jason Ball
thats the one, give the person a prize! :D

Ozza
13-07-2009, 11:13 AM

Thanks TCD and GVGjr for the cap. My old man passed it on to me yesterday. Cheers!