PDA

View Full Version : Could you imagine...

bulldogtragic
07-07-2009, 08:04 PM
A bulldogs listed player running around the Maribrynong Hotel nude and taking a dump in the foyer, then telling the media it was an 'accident'.

Sure our players aren't angels, but we you never hear us heard of getting into strife, and even for AFL players, peeing on windows is as bad as it gets. I just don't get what the hell NRL players are doing especially with the media all over them already. No wonder 60% feel embarassed to be an NRL player this season.

I just bring it up because you never hear of dogs players being so stupid. And for one, i'm glad i am a long suffering member of a club with very good off-field behaviour, let alone some of the 'accidents' that happen from time to time...

Stefcep
07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Thugby is in crisis. I think they will struggle to be a viable comp in the next decade. Soccer's moving in on their territory, as is AFL, their players behaviour is by far the worst of the three codes, and the game itself I find unwatchable.

ledge
07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Drugs maybe the cause of it? You wouldnt do it if you werent under some sort of influence and i dont think alcohol is the only cause.

AndrewP6
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Typical, if you ask me... after all, they play a game where you have to throw it backwards so you can go forwards... ;)

LostDoggy
08-07-2009, 12:48 AM
I don't think you hear of our players getting in strife because the media don't give a shit about us. More people are interested in Collingwood players getting into trouble.

Anyway, I think it's a good thing. :)

The Coon Dog
08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think you hear of our players getting in strife because the media don't give a shit about us. More people are interested in Collingwood players getting into trouble.

That you Ernie?

Dead set Ernie Sigley post if ever I saw one! ;)

Sockeye Salmon
08-07-2009, 09:51 AM

Bollocks.

If there was any hint of controversy they'd be all over us. Look at North and chickengate.

Dry Rot
08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
A bulldogs listed player running around the Maribrynong Hotel nude and taking a dump in the foyer, then telling the media it was an 'accident'.

Maybe it's a Sydney/NSW thing - everybody does that on a big night out. ;)

LostDoggy
08-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi all, I have just moved down to Willy last week from Far North Qld and I can tell you that although the NRL has a very strong following in NSW and QLD the crowds at the games are diminishing and also the supporters in the street are being more disallusioned every season by the moronic behaviour of some of the players. the common theme of excuse up there appears to be "they are young and paid way too much money, and have too much time on their hands", which of course doesn't say much for the clubs and their management of players, especially their social education. It would appear that the AFL clubs as a rule do a better job of looking after the young players (with some exceptions) and our club is a good example to date of a holistic approach in educating our young players to be socially responsible young adults and future role models. It would appear that the NRL is on borrowed time, and I heard Mal Meninga the QLD coach on radio making a joke about this incident, not funny Mal!!!

bulldogtragic
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Maybe it's a Sydney/NSW thing - everybody does that on a big night out. ;)
Note to self, politefully reject any offers to hit the town with DR :)

Twodogs
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Note to self, politefully reject any offers to hit the town with DR :)

No, no accept the invitation. You never know where Mrs Boyd might be...;)

GVGjr
08-07-2009, 07:17 PM
It would appear that the NRL is on borrowed time, and I heard Mal Meninga the QLD coach on radio making a joke about this incident, not funny Mal!!!

He tried to get more serious about it once he realised that the media didn't think it was funny but it does highlight that the culture in NRL is still very much from a bygone era and they need clean up their act quickly.

As sportsman they have been overpaid for far too long and have the escape option of RU to fall back on when a club starts to enforce standards. The NRL are in a no win position but don't help themselves when they open the doors for the likes of Wendall Sailor.

I'll bet there is still plenty more of this nonsense to come.

bornadog
09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
He tried to get more serious about it once he realised that the media didn't think it was funny but it does highlight that the culture in NRL is still very much from a bygone era and they need clean up their act quickly.

As sportsman they have been overpaid for far too long and have the escape option of RU to fall back on when a club starts to enforce standards. The NRL are in a no win position but don't help themselves when they open the doors for the likes of Wendall Sailor.

I'll bet there is still plenty more of this nonsense to come.

One thing about the AFL and thanks to Demitriou, is he doesn't stand any of these shenanigans and has put into place many educational programmes to try and guide these young bucks as well as change the culture. There will always be the odd discretion but generally the AFL players know that they are under the spotlight and can't afford to digress.

LostDoggy
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
That you Ernie?

Dead set Ernie Sigley post if ever I saw one! ;)

?? Its not my point of view.

LostDoggy
09-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Would not shed a tear if rugby league collapsed on it's arse and died.

bornadog
09-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Would not shed a tear if rugby league collapsed on it's arse and died.

me too, just can't get into it.

Dry Rot
09-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Key rule changes eg scrums have turned the modern NRL game into rubbish.

Dry Rot
09-07-2009, 08:54 PM
No, no accept the invitation. You never know where Mrs Boyd might be...;)

I think we should keep what happened at that nude only after match function to our selves. I must admit, though, I was surprised when Ernie took his clothes off at the Courthouse Hotel.

Sydney does odd things to people...ask Barry Hall!

KT31
09-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Thugby is in crisis. I think they will struggle to be a viable comp in the next decade. Soccer's moving in on their territory, as is AFL, their players behaviour is by far the worst of the three codes, and the game itself I find unwatchable.

Here on the South Coast, soccer and Afl are already bigger than Rugby.
The Rugby team is hanging on by a thread.
And both games are sprouting further into areas that 10 years ago wouldn't have entertained the idea.
I was at a carnival a couple of weeks ago and a South Sydney team beat a team from the Riverina.
Unheard of a border team beaten by a central NSW team.

westdog54
14-07-2009, 09:33 PM
The worst thing about all of this is that through all of the controversies, all the indiscretions and all of the criticism that the NRL has taken, somehow David Gallop has escaped unscathed. He's been at the helm of the NRL since 2002 and was a key decision maker when David Moffet was CEO. He has plenty of rhetoric and plenty of time to take on Craig Bellamy when he has a disagreement with the judiciary, but ask him to take a heavy hand when it comes to bringing in policies and procedures to deal with player behaviour, and it all becomes a little bit too hard. If the mesage isn't getting through by now then maybe a new messenger is needed.

Mofra
15-07-2009, 10:49 AM
There is a major cultural difference in terms of the attitude to sport in Sydney (lived there a few years back).

In Sydney, you're asked if you follow an NRL team or different sport.
In Melbourne, you're asked who you follow, as it is assumed you have a team. Anyone who doesn't follow AFL tends to get a weird look and is compelled to offer an explanation.