PDA

View Full Version : Pokies trouble

Throughandthrough
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
This looks bad

"It seems implausible a senior public servant would commit matters to writing which were not accurate." So declared Victoria's gaming authority last December, over a letter from a public servant plan by Western Bulldogs for a new pokies venue. The public servant? Godwin Grech. Weeks after he was named at the centre of Utegate, Fairfax can reveal Mr Grech is embroiled in another drama over the 'Dogs plan to build a gaming venue in Melbourne's western suburbs.

Mr Grech, a Bulldogs supporter, became involved in the gaming venue issue when we wrote a letter, at the request of the clubs CEO Campbell Rose, as part of the push to build the new venue near the Edgewater housing estate.

The Bulldogs have said a core condition of an $8 million grant from the old Howard government to redevelop the Whitten Oval was that pokies be relocated. Mr Grech's letter purports to confirm this. But inquiries show no such condition exists at least not in writing.

bornadog
09-07-2009, 02:32 PM
This looks bad

yes it does, because there is a thread on this already:D

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5243

BulldogBelle
09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Suppose its the Doggies fault that it isnt in writing (the relocation of the pokies), not the governments or Mr Grech's

You cant have pokies next to a child care facility and university

I bet that Mr Grech lobbyed the Prime Minister's (Howards) office strongly and used his position to help secure the funding for the Whitten Oval's redevelopment......TOP BLOKE!

The article is just Fairfax slinging dirt and trying to discredit Mr Grech

bornadog
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Suppose its the Doggies fault that it isnt in writing (the relocation of the pokies), not the governments or Mr Grech's

You cant have pokies next to a child care facility and university

I bet that Mr Grech lobbyed the Prime Minister's (Howards) office strongly and used his position to help secure the funding for the Whitten Oval's redevelopment......TOP BLOKE!

The article is just Fairfax slinging dirt and trying to discredit Mr Grech

You mean Campbell lobbyed Grech who then lobbyed the government.

BulldogBelle
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
You mean Campbell lobbyed Grech who then lobbyed the government.

Yes :)

The outcome could have been very different if Mr Grech wasnt a Doggies supporter

I hope Mr Grech gets the red carpet treatment from the Doggies now and forever

LostDoggy
09-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Godwin Grech, :rolleyes: bloody Maltese.

Rocket Science
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Gather that's tongue in cheek?

If an ethnic breakdown of our supporters was possible, convict stock aside I'd suggest the Maltese would rank right up there. Have never known the Maltese to barrack for any other club.

Rocco Jones
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM

If an ethnic breakdown of our supporters was possible, convict stock aside I'd suggest the Maltese would rank right up there. Have never known the Maltese to barrack for any other club.

One of them is yours truly. My parents and two brothers were born in Malta. They came over about 4 years before I came along.

Rocket Science
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Ehya! Where in Malta does the RJ clan hail from?

My family's from Spinola Bay, St.Julians.

Throughandthrough
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM
One of them is yours truly. My parents and two brothers were born in Malta. They came over about 4 years before I came along.

Pardon?

You were living on your own in Malta for four years as a baby?

;)

Rocco Jones
09-07-2009, 07:29 PM

LOL.

Zejtun.

St. Julian's is a bit like Malta's Gold Coast huh?

Rocco Jones
09-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Pardon?

You were living on your own in Malta for four years as a baby?

;)

Yeah, a bit like Home Alone.

Rocket Science
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
LOL.

Zejtun.

St. Julian's is a bit like Malta's Gold Coast huh?

Anyone vaguely familar with the country will know how hilarious that statement is, but yeah, it's sorta heading that way. I blame it's proximity to Paceville :)

Rocco Jones
09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Anyone vaguely familar with the country will know how hilarious that statement is, but yeah, it's sorta heading that way. I blame it's proximity to Paceville :)

I wikied Paceville, good work :)

Dry Rot
09-07-2009, 10:49 PM

A good mate of mine is from Malta - very good art director and a nice bloke.

Introduced me to pastizzis. Yum!

Rocket Science
09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
A good mate of mine is from Malta - very good art director and a nice bloke.

Introduced me to pastizzis. Yum!

Ahhh yes...So, you a pea or ricotta man?

Anything else is a vile bastardisation.

Dry Rot
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM

Agreed. Ricotta.

Desipura
10-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I played juniors soccer with George Cross before they merged with Sunshine City in 1980s. We were based in Strathmore.
I learnt a bit of Maltese and living in Sunshine Nth, had many Maltese friends. Here is a song I remember, excuse the spelling. I will spell it as it sounds. Tell me if you understand it
"Luncha ajay awah a sailor
mint a slim amas sum shet
el Captain umi di futloo"

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 12:53 PM

I cant find the pea variety here in Essendon, can you tell me where you get them please

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I played juniors soccer with George Cross before they merged with Sunshine City in 1980s. We were based in Strathmore.
I learnt a bit of Maltese and living in Sunshine Nth, had many Maltese friends. Here is a song I remember, excuse the spelling. I will spell it as it sounds. Tell me if you understand it
"Luncha ajay awah a sailor
mint a slim amas sum shet
el Captain umi di futloo"

"Shis Hana":)

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Of course it was tongue in cheek.

Jo-ey, go to de market and pick me up e snap-eeerr.

The Coon Dog
10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Of course it was tongue in cheek.

Jo-ey, go to de market and pick me up e snap-eeerr.
Reminds me of Russell Gilbert talking about his Maltese mate's father.

Q. Do you know who I saw today?
A. No, who did you saw?

Q. Do you know what I heard?
A. No, what did you heard?

Q. Do you know what he said?
A. No, what did he said?

Desipura
10-07-2009, 01:16 PM
"Shis Hana":)

what does that mean? Is that the name of the song?