View Full Version : Farrenitis

Sockeye Salmon
10-07-2009, 04:42 PM
A friend of mine has got pharyngitis.

The main symptom is a sore throat.

I used to get Farrenitis.

The main sympton was a sore throat.

His was caused by a virus.

Mine was caused by screaming at Farren just before he got caught or in exasperation as he turned it over again.

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Do you think any Saints supporters have Farrenitis? I probably suffered a little from the same dis-ease at times, and wonder at the way he is playing at the moment :rolleyes:

AndrewP6
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
My symptoms of Farrenitis involve a weaker than usual heart muscle... and lack of peripheral vision.

bulldogtragic
10-07-2009, 05:35 PM
My symptoms of Farrenitis involve a weaker than usual heart muscle... and lack of peripheral vision.
I had something similar, but chest pains, when he was running to 50 without any pressure.

Then the sore throat symptoms.

aker39
10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
My symptoms of Farrenitis involve a weaker than usual heart muscle...

Then you don't have farrenitis, you the Ihatedaisythomasitis.

dog town
10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Pisser....never seen someone get caught from behind that often.

Sedat
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought the 2006 Elimination Final would cure this hideous disease but alas it proved to be a virilent strain. I wonder if St Kilda supporters will be struck by its powers at a most inopportune time in Spring.

Ozza
13-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I watched the Saints game yesterday - and just as I started to concede that maybe Farren had turned the corner and was going to be a good player - he took the ball in the back pocket and began casually jogging out......still going......*WCE player in pursuit*....still casually plodding along and...wait for it - he bounces the ball! Half a second afterwards he was run down - it was an insanely audacious display - to inexcplicably bounce the footy with a player about to grab him - it was so typical of his lack of awareness or urgency.

At that point I thought to myself - there's no doubt Farren will let the saints down in the finals - the real Farren Ray will be back soon.

Mantis
13-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I think I had a re-occurence of an old disease on Friday night - 'Eagleitis'.

I had the shits after the game and I think it was caused by the onset of this disease. :D

Ozza
13-07-2009, 04:55 PM

I had the shits after the game and I think it was caused by the onset of this disease. :D

Because we flogged the Hawks - his disasterous game really flew under the radar in his 250th. After a few good games (Adelaide, Geelong, *to a certain extent* North) - he has really gone off the boil again.

Mofra
13-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah.... well.... *deafening silence from Eagle's former defenders after 2 poor games in a row*

The Bulldogs Bite
13-07-2009, 05:52 PM
If Eagle has another bad one, it's hard to see him last another week. 9 possessions from a midfielder is a really poor effort.

Mantis
13-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah.... well.... *deafening silence from Eagle's former defenders after 2 poor games in a row*

It was a joke, but I guess I can't have one of those on this particular subject matter.

bulldogtragic
13-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah.... well.... *deafening silence from Eagle's former defenders after 2 poor games in a row* Mofra

No, i think i'm here by myself though :)

His season has been one of the most consistent up until the last 2 weeks. And he drew very, very high praise from Rodney and Smorgo.

Yes it was a bad game. Some could argue Hill, Welsh, Williams and others and/or Eader had bad games. Does that stop their season from being better than average, or mean their contribution to the club is any less significant than last week. Hell no.

But it's always a comforting thought that when we lose, 'The Eagle Bashers' (only joking) coming racing back. But i will grant his performance after having he shit knocked out of him by Leigh Brown was not to expectation.

Therefore, I expect him to show something this week. I think it will be a running and pacey shoot off, and Eagleton will be a key in running hard both ways to try to curb the Don's very quick flankers, but also try to damage with his long left goaling feet.

I will defend him to the cows come home as a near 200 game player of the WBFC. I think he needs to be given a shot at redemption as many people (myself inlcuded) felt his missed opportunity cost us in the PF (a very bad miss I agree). That's a little unfair, but that's footy. His attitude and season have been above average this year so don't write him off yet, he has have some very good games. So i close with the words of a lanky white fella who sold out his values for a seat in parliament when he once said, "must have a short memory".

bulldogtragic
13-07-2009, 06:20 PM
It was a joke, but I guess I can't have one of those on this particular subject matter.
I took it that way Mantis :)

Don't know what hapened in that massive thread to make it such a hot button and touchy topic... Anywho, and in any event, I think Farren is laughing pretty loud at this thread right now. I just hope the doggies are laughing at the end iof the season though.

Hot_Doggies
13-07-2009, 06:22 PM
No, i think i'm here by myself though.

His season has been one of the most consistent up unil the last 2 weeks. And he drew very, very high praise from Rodney and Smorgo.

Yes it was a bad game. Some could argue Hill, Welsh, Williams and others and/or Eader had bad games. Does that stop their season from being better than average, or mean their contribution to the club is any less significant than last week. Hell no.

But it's always a comforting thought that when we lose, 'The Eagle Bashers' coming racing back. But i will grant his performance after having he shit knocked out of him by Leigh Brown was not to expectation.

Therefore, I expect him to show something this week. I think it will be a running and pacey shoot off, and Eagleton will be a key in running hard both ways to try to curb the Don's very quick flankers, but also try to damage with his long left goaling feet.

I will defend him to the cows come home as a near 200 game player of the WBFC. I think he needs to be given a shot at redemption as many people (myself inlcuded) felt his missed opportunity cost us in the PF (a very bad miss I agree). That's a little unfair, but that's footy. His attitude and season have been above average this year so don't write him off yet, he has have some very good games. So i close with the words of a lanky white fella who sold out his values for a seat in parliament when he once said, "must have a short memory".

Mantis was making a short and jocular statement.

bulldogtragic
13-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Mantis was making a short and jocular statement.
Fantastic work, i love it. Where's that post of the year thread? :)

Ozza
13-07-2009, 06:28 PM
His season hasn't been consistent. He had a few very good weeks - but he was terrible from rounds 2-6.

He needs to be a lot better this week. He generally seems to sense when he has been really really bad - and finds a couple of goals late in games.

LostDoggy
13-07-2009, 06:51 PM
If Eagle has another bad one, it's hard to see him last another week. 9 possessions from a midfielder is a really poor effort.

Cant see it happening, when was the last time we dropped him based on form

Mofra
13-07-2009, 07:29 PM
My post was a joke too. I assumed you could spot one.

Mofra
13-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Cant see it happening, when was the last time we dropped him based on form
Eagle was put on notice at the start of the year and knows his output can't be down for too many weeks.
Hahn was dropped when Eade started so I don't think senior players are immune to the VFL.

boydogs
13-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Eagle was put on notice at the start of the year and knows his output can't be down for too many weeks.
Hahn was dropped when Eade started so I don't think senior players are immune to the VFL.

I don't think anyone should be dropped this week but it says something when you have to go back to previous years for an example of a senior player being dropped

Mofra
13-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't think anyone should be dropped this week but it says something when you have to go back to previous years for an example of a senior player being dropped
Fair point, but apart from Eagle (and Welsh too, I thought he was poor) our senior guys have generally been playing well.
Hard call I guess when you're 4th on the ladder but I would think Eagle needs a big one.

Mantis
13-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Hard call I guess when you're 4th on the ladder but I would think Eagle needs a big one.

I will be more interested to see how he goes the following week against the competitions bench mark. (if he is there.;))

Mofra
13-07-2009, 09:21 PM
(if he is there.;))
Touche' & well timed. :)

He probably will survive on a half decent effort (not a terrible one), but wouldn't want our VFL boys/fringe players to play too well.

AndrewP6
14-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Amazing the Eagleton-bashers could turn a Farren-Ray-bashing thread into an Eagle-bashing thread...incredible

Sockeye Salmon
14-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Amazing the Eagleton-bashers could turn a Farren-Ray-bashing thread into an Eagle-bashing thread...incredible

I didn't actually mean it to be a Farren bashing thread either.

I just thought it was funny when my mate told me he had what I thought he said at the time was Farrenitis. My first thought was, "yeah I used to get that a bit".

Mofra
14-07-2009, 11:18 AM
A couple of us were formally Eagleton defenders and will be again if/when his form improves.
I don't think mentioning his output was down for 2 weeks is necessarily bashing, just a statement of fact.

AndrewP6
19-07-2009, 06:13 PM
watching the Crows v Saints on Foxtel... Gerard Healy nearly frothing at the mouth over Farren Ray's amazing form (he's had 12 first quarter touches)... he was brought back to earth (not sure who it was) with the comment that "Not that many of them have been effective".... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

alwaysadog
21-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah.... well.... *deafening silence from Eagle's former defenders after 2 poor games in a row* Mofra

No, i think i'm here by myself though :)

No, but such an audacious capturing of a thread to add nothing that hasn't been said ad nauseum elsewhere deserves to go through to the keeper. I don't rise to taunting and I pick the grounds on which it is worth fighting.

But bulldogtragic I salute your courage and steadfastness; true Bulldog grit.

Mantis
21-07-2009, 08:48 AM
No, but such an audacious capturing of a thread to add nothing that hasn't been said ad nauseum elsewhere deserves to go through to the keeper. I don't rise to taunting and I pick the grounds on which it is worth fighting.

But bulldogtragic I salute your courage and steadfastness; true Bulldog grit.

By chance do you hug trees for a living?

Mofra
21-07-2009, 10:03 AM
no, but such an audacious capturing of a thread to add nothing that hasn't been said ad nauseum elsewhere deserves to go through to the keeper. I don't rise to taunting and i pick the grounds on which it is worth fighting.
wtf?

Sedat
21-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Leather poisoning seemed to be a side-effect of Farrenitis this week.

I remember the sage words of someone on 'woof' about 18 months ago (TCD from memory), who said that Farren's second set of 75 games will be vastly superior to his first 75. Scott Clayton copped a lot of stick for selecting Ray with such a high pick, but it's fair to say his foresight has been vindicated - just a shame that we won't be the beneficiaries.

It's interesting to hear commentators talk glowingly about his courage and his marking ability overhead these days, but the reality is that these are qualities he has always had in his game from the get-go. And his lack of peripheral vision does not get tested at St Kilda as much because of the work they do off the ball to clear a path for their runners and line-breakers.

alwaysadog
21-07-2009, 12:42 PM
By chance do you hug trees for a living?

I leave that to you